FX New FX DRS Classic, Pro, and "LIGHT" ?

Drs clasic Power no more than dreamline:)
DRS is shorter, lighter, and according to FX's website, it should be more powerful than the Dreamline:

FX's website says :

DRS PRO

.22 = up to 72 ft/lbs with 30gr pellet at 1040 fps

.25 = up to 73 ft/lbs with 36gr slug at 960 fps

Dreamline

.22 = 910 ft/s and 30 ft/lbs

.25 = 890 ft/s and 47 ft/lbs

Perhaps I am overlooking something???

Reactions: Drgun and qball
In theory a lot less O-rings. There is no transfer port adjustment, there isn't a power wheel but I hope the tactical version will have that just like the dreamline tac vs classic.
70 ft. lbs of energy in a short .22 seems over inflated to me.
Im in the market for a ACCURATE, SHORT, simple, powerful, rifle with a classic wooden stock.
A "to go" gun, to keep by the back door.
With its overall length of just over 36" and 70 ft. lbs of energy, the DRS is certainly checking all the box's for me.

I’m going to get the classic in .22 with a match trigger and then decide if I still want to keep my Dreamline. This platform begs to have a custom figured walnut stock made for it. I like the American classic style stocks without rosewood caps and sweeping cheek pads That the European Airguns have. Although a thumb hole would be nice too. Shame it doesn’t have some kind of power adjustment to easily go between light pellets and possibly light slugs. But that isn’t a deal breaker, I might get another in 25 just for slugs If I like .22.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Shame it doesn’t have some kind of power adjustment to easily go between light pellets and possibly light slugs. But that isn’t a deal breaker, I might get another in 25 just for slugs If I like .22.
Perhaps with its modular plenum, FX will offer different plenum options....
1 plenum for pellets, and a different plenum for slugs???
Just thinking out loud here.

Perhaps with its modular plenum, FX will offer different plenum options....
1 plenum for pellets, and a different plenum for slugs???
Just thinking out loud here.
I dont remember where I saw it but FX mentions there are different plenum sizes depending on what model you buy. The fake magazine poking below the stock is actually the plenum. Not sure they will be swappable, but I dont think Id like to have the PRO plenum version hanging down so much on the Classic.

but I dont think Id like to have the PRO plenum version hanging down so much on the Classic.
No that would look silly i think, IMO you cant go lower than the trigger guard on the classic.
I am still enticed not least as Utah do list 600 mm barrel being a option in the .177 caliber.
Even if you then read the test there it clearly say .177 -.22 only 500 mm barrel, so the confusion are complete.
But it is a mess, you almost have different options every place you find that have the DRS classic listed, FX them self only seem to have 500 mm for .177 and .22 and 600 mm only come into play for .25
FX need to CUT thru the BS, update their own site / listing with the absolute facts, and start shipping these out.

And if the .177 classic can not do +35 fpe with heavier pellets like beasts or slugs, well my interest taper off like in El Capitan level slope.

Last edited: