• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

New FX Customer Service Protocol???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently tried to call FX to ask about and order a new valve seat and o-rings. They are no longer answering calls but instead you have to email them with the parts you need, then wait a day or two for a response and an invoice. Then you somehow email them your bank card number, (not thrilled with this ), or send a check via mail, and then. "once they receive payment," They will ship within 7-10 days.

As a result, the part I was asking about will not retro-fit my Gen 1 Impact so it took me 2 days to find that out and they included the original part on the invoice but I have a couple of the original parts, (was looking to upgrade), so now it will take another two days to change the invoice so I think I'll not worry about it for now and just not order anything.

I know they are busy but I really think there should be a better way.

Cheers,

KP/NC

Service has been very slow and not good every time I've talked to FX USA. They've always had that lax attitude in my opinion.

FX should put every part on Amazon prime so that customers can get what they need quickly without have to deal with Swedish business/work attitude. Most people are willing to pay a few dollars more for good service. I bought machines to make my own parts because of the poor service.

I know a few are going to say "but they're so busy"... well if you have that much business you can afford to hire more help and keep those who pay the bills happy.

I don't think that "busy" is an acceptable excuse. If you're too busy to provide consistently good service, you need to hire more people.

Same problem for over a year, make a parts website. Ever ordered from Bagnall and Kirkwood? Click on parts, pay for parts, parts shipped the next day.

Telephone ordering is like building a 2020 carbureted car. Dont get me started on the 7-10 days processing time, ridiculous practice.

I just delt with FX on a warranty part for my Crown. I didn’t even try to call from what I’ve been reading they prefer email.
It is a bit of a slow process emailed 1/12/20 they responded 1/17/20. A couple more back and forth emails and warranty order was place 1/29/20 to be shipped in the next 7 days.

Over all I was treated just fine but what a clunky process. If you want to be the cutting edge top airgun company you have to fix the website and ordering process. The current setup is pretty embarrassing.

They really need to get the prints up to date on the website. The Crown Continuum has been out for a while and they only have the old Crown drawing.

Yeah I have to agree Good folks but what a clunky way to do this. I remember that they had a lot of accessories like even o-ring kits on the main site but now there's just nothing. I see some of you have been able to get through but when I called the voice mail which used to say leave your name and number ...now just says if you need parts leave part numbers on the message and they'll contact me with an invoice. But it was a two day wait via email and had I been able to talk to them I could have saved time knowing that the upgraded x-ring was not available for my gun and thus not ordering. 

Anyway, not trying to trash FX, just trying to understand the reverse logic here.

I recently tried to call FX to ask about and order a new valve seat and o-rings. They are no longer answering calls but instead you have to email them with the parts you need, then wait a day or two for a response and an invoice. Then you somehow email them your bank card number, (not thrilled with this ), or send a check via mail, and then. "once they receive payment," They will ship within 7-10 days.

As a result, the part I was asking about will not retro-fit my Gen 1 Impact so it took me 2 days to find that out and they included the original part on the invoice but I have a couple of the original parts, (was looking to upgrade), so now it will take another two days to change the invoice so I think I'll not worry about it for now and just not order anything.

I know they are busy but I really think there should be a better way.

Cheers,

KP/NC

Hi Drumsnguns,

We are so sorry about the confusion of our policy while trying to order parts, however, this has never been our policy.

We are able to take parts orders over the phone, or through email whichever the customer prefers. We will never ask you to send your card information through email and highly discourage anyone from sending card information by this method.

Once you place an order with us, we will send you a link to pay for the order through your email, by which you can enter your card information manually the same way you would through other major retailers on their websites. We can also accept PayPal, again, by customer choice.

If you have any further questions or concerns about our ordering process please reach out to us at [email protected] or call us at (866) 639-0772 OPT 1. 

Best Regards,

FX USA Customer Service Team

Hi FX,

Thanks for commenting. My original intent with this thread was not to trash or flame FX. It just struck me as odd the way I had to wait so long to get something ordered.. Looking back I would have to say it was a case of miscommunication. The voice mail might have been better if it said leave name and phone for a call back or to keep trying, we will pick up. It came across as "no more phone conversations; email only."

Also, I know that the email from y'all did not ask for a card number but it didn't give any directions as what to do next to pay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Now that I have a dialog with you I would like to make a couple of suggestions.

1.) Please list more accessories, (like o-ring kits for example) on the website with prices. That way we won't have to call for prices. Perhaps you leave that to dealers, I don't know.

2.) Since you are promoting us fixing our own air rifles, with help from the excellent Masterclass series, it would be great to have a spec sheet posted with torque specs and which kind of lubes to use in specific spots. Example Molycote 55 vs Super Lube Synth grease, vs Moly grease.

3.) Perhaps a FAQ sheet with, among other things, changes made to specs from, in my case, Impact MKI to MKII. I just spent 13 bucks to get the 1.0 mm Allen key to remove the grub screw in the MKI hammer stop only to find that it has been changed to an easier to find 0.9 mm screw. I assume it had been switched somewhere between the first release and later releases of the MKI. Could have saved the money and time it took to come from the UK.

This would really help us with our repairs and keep our phone calls to you down.

Anyway, thank you again for listening and responding. I think that FX is a fine, highly innovative company, leading the technological charge for better air-gunning.

Best,

KP

Hi FX,

Thanks for commenting. My original intent with this thread was not to trash or flame FX. It just struck me as odd the way I had to wait so long to get something ordered.. Looking back I would have to say it was a case of miscommunication. The voice mail might have been better if it said leave name and phone for a call back or to keep trying, we will pick up. It came across as "no more phone conversations; email only."

Also, I know that the email from y'all did not ask for a card number but it didn't give any directions as what to do next to pay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Now that I have a dialog with you I would like to make a couple of suggestions.

1.) Please list more accessories, (like o-ring kits for example) on the website with prices. That way we won't have to call for prices. Perhaps you leave that to dealers, I don't know.

2.) Since you are promoting us fixing our own air rifles, with help from the excellent Masterclass series, it would be great to have a spec sheet posted with torque specs and which kind of lubes to use in specific spots. Example Molycote 55 vs Super Lube Synth grease, vs Moly grease.

3.) Perhaps a FAQ sheet with, among other things, changes made to specs from, in my case, Impact MKI to MKII. I just spent 13 bucks to get the 1.0 mm Allen key to remove the grub screw in the MKI hammer stop only to find that it has been changed to an easier to find 0.9 mm screw. I assume it had been switched somewhere between the first release and later releases of the MKI. Could have saved the money and time it took to come from the UK.

This would really help us with our repairs and keep our phone calls to you down.

Anyway, thank you again for listening and responding. I think that FX is a fine, highly innovative company, leading the technological charge for better air-gunning.

Best,

KP

Appreciate the feedback. We are working on a parts website at the moment to make things easier. As well as ways to make the rolling innovations easier to navigate for owners. Again appreciate all the constructive comments.

anyone need these? not sure what they are,, but they do not fit my fx crown...another order from fxusa that was wrong!! 2nd one this year..
1582598262_3033254515e5488763623f9.74254689_IMG_3179.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.