New full video from today - Feral pigeons

Bob; Do you use the ATN Rangefinder to relay the distance to your Xsight and it adjusts the reticle prior to your shot? That is an advertised feature that I'm interested in for ground squirrel hunting. Thanks

I see too that you are using your ATN x sight for shooting. It would be nice if you could maybe do a video showing the steps and features of the X sight you use before taking your shots. Bill

Sweet shooting session! I really appreciate the substantial post production editing and B roll work that I know you put into this piece. These are the types of video productions that allow us to sit back and sip a drink and be entertained. I need to get me a camera crew to assist but my wife would "eww" more than being sure the target was in frame, LOL.

Of that awesome collection of shots the two that stood out the most to me were the shot at 11:43 That bird landed and in 1 second was death punched. The other has to be the 111 Yard Shot at 12:30 first because of the amazing shot and second because of the recovery footage at 16:07 when you stated that something attacked your kill and your wife's response was priceless "oh great and were in this....." at that moment she had to be scanning the grasses for some carnivorous ankle shredder LOL
Awesome presentation man, keep it up! 

ATN Question, does the unit not allow for us to see your reticle super imposed on the video? I read somewhere on other posting that there was some intermittent issue of it consistently capturing it. I read on the specs and they ** the 1080@120 with "** 120 fps Day mode only w/loss of widgets " Is the reticle considered a widget? Have you updated to the latest firmware on that ATN?

It appears the Firmware 3.1.03..271 is the latest and greatest. 

Here are the RELEASE NOTES:

New Features:

• ABL support
  • Night Mode improvement
  • Reticle on video improvement
  • Gallery

Fixed Bugs:

• Reticle does not appear in video output with enable WiFi+RAV
  • Incorrect time widget in RAV mode
  • Black screen after making photo
  • Wrong reticle's position after zooming
  • Improved Compass Calibration

Bob; Do you use the ATN Rangefinder to relay the distance to your Xsight and it adjusts the reticle prior to your shot? That is an advertised feature that I'm interested in for ground squirrel hunting. Thanks

I see too that you are using your ATN x sight for shooting. It would be nice if you could maybe do a video showing the steps and features of the X sight you use before taking your shots. Bill

Bob I was not necessarily asking for a video of the scopes screen as you go through the entry process. I was more wanting a description of what entries it takes for the ballistic program to work. I sort of got an idea from what skohl was asking in his post and your answer. Do you take a range reading and input the yardage and then the scope measures the incline and places the crosshairs in the right location. Is that what takes 30 seconds as you mentioned. Since most of my shots at the silo are from a couple of spots I could easily use my ballistics program to give me the hold under. The scope you have does look like it comes in handy when you have a long shot and the time to input the data. Bill

Bill,

Yes, I range the shot first. Then here are the steps involved:

1. Press the OK button to enter the main menu.

2. Press the right arrow button four times to get to the distance entry and press OK.

3. Press the up or down arrow button to enter your range - one button press per yard.

4. Press OK when done.

In order for the ballistic calculator to work accurately, you need to enter scope height, muzzle velocity, projectile weight, ballistic coefficient and drag function (GL works best for pellets). All this data is saved under a profile....you can have multiple profiles if you want.

The X-Sight has built in inclinometer, and also reads temperature, pressure and humidity I believe. It takes all of this into account and repositions the reticle accordingly. It will even correct for wind if you specify the speed and direction, but since my compass doesn't work properly, I just leave the wind speed at zero.

Bill,

Yes, I range the shot first. Then here are the steps involved:

1. Press the OK button to enter the main menu.

2. Press the right arrow button four times to get to the distance entry and press OK.

3. Press the up or down arrow button to enter your range - one button press per yard.

4. Press OK when done.

In order for the ballistic calculator to work accurately, you need to enter scope height, muzzle velocity, projectile weight, ballistic coefficient and drag function (GL works best for pellets). All this data is saved under a profile....you can have multiple profiles if you want.

The X-Sight has built in inclinometer, and also reads temperature, pressure and humidity I believe. It takes all of this into account and repositions the reticle accordingly. It will even correct for wind if you specify the speed and direction, but since my compass doesn't work properly, I just leave the wind speed at zero.

Bob thanks for the very clear explanation. I was looking for an inclinometer app for my phone but then decided to see if there was a ChairGun Pro app for my phone as I use ChairGun on my computer. Of course there was and the app has an inclinometer built into the program and calculator for resulting hold. I just have to learn the program and see if I am reading the outputs correctly. Thanks again Bill