• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

New FT club in Tulsa Oklahoma

I am excited to announce the Tulsa Gun Club has graciously allowed our local group of FT shooters to develop a range and host FT matches and possibly other disciplines at their club. For exact location, see map at http://www.tulsagunclub.com/

Several of us were at the range today to start cutting lanes in the clubs’ old 3D archery lanes before the rains began. Rick brought his DR brush cutter and made short work wackin’ the weeds and under growth while of the rest of us layed out lanes and moved the cut brush. The area we have been given is HUGE! One of the challenges we met right off was where to put the lanes! We can go here, we can go there, we can go everywhere! Fifteen lanes? Easy.. Thirty lanes? No problem! But we quickly came to our senses and settled on just doing fifteen for the time being. The Tulsa Gun Club is going to put a culvert in a nearby creek so we can easily traverse over and utilize even more ground if need be. While we still have a lot to do, we have an enthusiastic group of guys that are getting it done.
We will be posting updates and more pics as we continue to grow the sport here in the Midwest.

IMG_7004.jpeg

IMG_7005.jpeg

IMG_7007.jpeg

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7010.jpeg

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7014.jpeg

IMG_6949.jpeg

What we know and can tell you about it so far:

The club will be known as TAG (Tulsa AirGuns) of Tulsa.

TAG will be an AAFTA sanctioned club.

The matches will be 60 shot and will be held on the second Saturday of each month with starting times (TBA) varying with season temperatures (as a lot of clubs do). These start times will be posted in the AGN calendar as well on the Tulsa Gun Club’s website soon.

All the lanes are wooded with even more land for additional lanes in the future.

Targets are a variety of custom, high quality manufactured AAFTA field targets.

A field house with a shelter and picnic tables below.

Plenty of free parking including RV parking and picnic area

Easy highway access.

Minutes from Tulsa International Airport.

IMG_7011.jpeg

IMG_7012.jpeg

I am excited to announce the Tulsa Gun Club has graciously allowed our local group of FT shooters to develop a range and host FT matches and possibly other disciplines at their club. For exact location, see map at http://www.tulsagunclub.com/

Several of us were at the range today to start cutting lanes in the clubs’ old 3D archery lanes before the rains began. Rick brought his DR brush cutter and made short work wackin’ the weeds and under growth while of the rest of us layed out lanes and moved the cut brush. The area we have been given is HUGE! One of the challenges we met right off was where to put the lanes! We can go here, we can go there, we can go everywhere! Fifteen lanes? Easy.. Thirty lanes? No problem! But we quickly came to our senses and settled on just doing fifteen for the time being. The Tulsa Gun Club is going to put a culvert in a nearby creek so we can easily traverse over and utilize even more ground if need be. While we still have a lot to do, we have an enthusiastic group of guys that are getting it done.
We will be posting updates and more pics as we continue to grow the sport here in the Midwest.

View attachment 431925
View attachment 431926
View attachment 431932
View attachment 431934
View attachment 431937

View attachment 431943

View attachment 431944
View attachment 431945

What we know and can tell you about it so far:

The club will be known as TAG (Tulsa AirGuns) of Tulsa.

TAG will be an AAFTA sanctioned club.

The matches will be 60 shot and will be held on the second Saturday of each month with starting times (TBA) varying with season temperatures (as a lot of clubs do). These start times will be posted in the AGN calendar as well on the Tulsa Gun Club’s website soon.

All the lanes are wooded with even more land for additional lanes in the future.

Targets are a variety of custom, high quality manufactured AAFTA field targets.

A field house with a shelter and picnic tables below.

Plenty of free parking including RV parking and picnic area

Easy highway access.

Minutes from Tulsa International Airport.

View attachment 431938

View attachment 431940
We have friends who live very close, but they have a 30 cal and a 22 cricket....Any chance you will put on EFT matches also in the future?

Tony P.

We have friends who live very close, but they have a 30 cal and a 22 cricket....Any chance you will put on EFT matches also in the future?

Tony P.
Hey Tony!
Let me say the area has excellent potential for many air gun disciplines, EFT being one of them. As with most start ups like this, cash flow and manpower are one of the many hurdles.
Stay Tuned!

Slow and steady. You can’t do it all at once. Every time you shoot a match on the range you built you will see things. You will be shooting on a lane you think is maxed out on potential and then think “what if I rigged up some sort of 15’ tall tower and put it up on top of the hill?”. It takes a few years to come up with ideas and fund them. For me that was the most enjoyable part of FT. Starting a FT club/range is a lot of work. People show up and shoot and really don’t realize the amount of time (and thought) it took. I was kind of solo in the beginning. I didn’t shoot a lot of the neighboring matches as I was physically working on my range when the other matches were being shot. I enjoyed every minute of it. I was always quite honored to see all these people, who became my friends, drive from all over to shoot at my match.