New from Western Airguns = Sidewinder Semi/Full Auto air rifle with new REMOVEABLE MAGAZINE!

Looks hammerless, wonder how they pulled off having a removable mag. The non-removable ones never bothered me, in fact I like them. Interested to see exactly how this one works and if reliability suffers
I’m curious also, as with all the mishaps that can come from these LCS types, like accidental misfiring on its own if air pressure goes below the set reg pressure. Can you imagine something like that happening while a mag was getting removed, getting reinserted, or mag completely out of the gun?

I wonder if they are going to come out with a 177 caliber ? Doesn't really matter its going to be a few months to recover from the RTI , Unless i sale a few toys.
Is there any good semi autos in 177 caliber?
Mike
hello mike i am near dallas, i would be interested if they make a similar .357 or .457 rifle . for that .177 i used to have a steel force bb machine gun it had 6 rd burst.
think there is a crossman but in that caliber i dont know of any semi auto pellet or slug shooters. sorry. but if you are ever in the middle of the dfw metro you can come shoot my AEA challenger standard big bore .357 the local pd lets us shoot in the back yard , just had to make a backstop to keep it on the property. and i use a gx l3 air compresser so if you need air and are near you are welcome.

airgun1.jpg

slugs1.jpg

Reactions: Lou Torres
I had to laugh at my own post,, Yes by all means I am hoping and thinking hammer less system,, I think it will need it to get the big power down the barrel, I am sure hoping for a super quite gun,,
Mike
Me too. I put a down payment. Really looking forward to this gun as it is nearly impossible to buy an LCS in .30 at this time Oct, 2022. Very exciting stuff and looking forward to RMAC. Anyone know when the new registration dates will be posted?

its just an open offer for air, i am getting the converter to plug the gx l3 into a socket. and save the batteries. and i just got a challenger pro in .30cal for my mom. its the cocking leaver when i had them put the weak spring in and send me the heavy one, and turned the power wheel down to half and its shooting at 90fpe and getting 80shots regulated. smiles... so what is the link to get one of these sidewinders. cause i am drooling.

Peoplie like me ? :rolleyes:

You clearly do not understand the rules of no politics on the forum, and paddle your paranoia and conspiracy theories.
Politics are involved in EVERY aspect of life. Tying to keep anything about politic off this forum is a daunting task because there is politics involved in just about everything, in one way or another. I'm sure the concern is not wanting some to be offended or have their FEELINGS hurt because they might not agree with someone elses opinion, which is virtually impossible. This is AGN's playpen and they are allowed to make the rules to play in it, period. On a side note the difference between paranoia and conspiracy theories is all about time it takes from going from fiction to fact. It takes no more than to look at past theories and see what has come to fruition..and it's alarming.

Last edited:
actually i cannot find anything about it at all on the net. it dont matter, i am buying an aea big bore 50cal(it is .495) and i am re-sizing the barrel and magazines to .510 and having the rifling redone ... it will only have 6 shots, but say 6 50cal shots , i think that will do it.
cause if id have found this rifle on an actual page that it could be purchased, it would be hanging on my wall.
just ordered 2 10 rd metal mags from across the pond , that probably wont fit my .25 cal unless i mill them a bit, but that is doable. the air gun comes tomorrow with plastic mags, but its not a sidewinder.
its an AEA HP CUSTOM STANDARD EDITION .25 CAL regulated with transfer port adjustment and the power of a K1. but i am still waiting on a really good semi-auto like this sidewinder, or maybe the eddgun poison frog .357 which is semi-auto i believe. but i wont buy it unless its got removable mags. its way less expensive to replace a broken mag than a broken gun with non detachable mag.
so i second your comment, what is the newest on it. where are the goods. got lead to sling.
and my current big bore .357 needs to eat...

for this pcp i agree the removable magazine is good because of the lower power/caliber having a much higher shot count. looks like 30 to 70 shots so with 30cal magazine having 12 shots you would get 3 magazines of fun.

the 357 rattler at full power only gets 15 shots per fill which is exactly the fixed mag capacity so removable doesn't make much sense if you run out of air you're going to have to refill anyways so might as well reload same time.