New for 2024 - Karma Red Panda and EQ

The whole deal as I see it Thyne I believe his name is was shooting a prototype gun that means me or you can not get what they have.That is not cool I raced dirt track 20 years the rule book is massive to keep a fair playing field.The airgun game is a mess there should be like stock class open class ect and others the way it is is FIXED.The people holding the events are winning them another big NONO.Do not be fooled I believe that the Red Panda they use is still not what you can get.This sysem is like segregation .If yoyu win with stuff I can not get its cheating.Thayne to me and saber tactical are cheeters and trying to get you to purchase this gun.Know the one you can get is NOT WHAT THEY GOT THE AIRGUN COMPETION WORLD NEEDS SERIOS OVERHALL.THERE I SAID IT HOW I SEE IT THEY ARE HURTING THE SPORT.IF U OWN THE RACE TRACK YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPETE ON IT

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
The whole deal as I see it Thyne I believe his name is was shooting a prototype gun that means me or you can not get what they have.That is not cool I raced dirt track 20 years the rule book is massive to keep a fair playing field.The airgun game is a mess there should be like stock class open class ect and others the way it is is FIXED.The people holding the events are winning them another big NONO.Do not be fooled I believe that the Red Panda they use is still not what you can get.This sysem is like segregation .If yoyu win with stuff I can not get its cheating.Thayne to me and saber tactical are cheeters and trying to get you to purchase this gun.Know the one you can get is NOT WHAT THEY GOT THE AIRGUN COMPETION WORLD NEEDS SERIOS OVERHALL.THERE I SAID IT HOW I SEE IT THEY ARE HURTING THE SPORT.IF U OWN THE RACE TRACK YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPETE ON IT
That is why there is a Sportsman and a Pro class and I'm sure his prototype Red Panda was a bunch parts smorgasbord together anyways.
Cant buy the same car as NASCAR driver and doubt you could match his shooting capability ever. Guy has proven himself over the years shooting a variety of airguns.

The definition of prototype is parts that are in testing not yet approved for production based on specs and if it will pass all the tech inspections .I encourage you to look into prototypes and what they are designed for before entering fair competition. Again as I stated not fair to use prototypes in fair competition there is no buffets or smorgasbord in prototypes .That comment is silly.As far as the racing comment which I competed in 20 year with great success.I must again educate you on fair competition yes you can buy any part NASCAR used if fact if you want to compete in any race forum you will all be using the parts approved buy that organization.Its all about what you do with the parts in the shop.The rule book is 4 inches thick unlike the scap paper one used in airgun competions. I do appreciate your feedback and think anyone would agree with me that a fair playing field is number one important. Especially with big money.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore

Just so we are on the same page I am not saying no one can use a prototype .But in that case it would be called open class anything goes.Take go kart racing there is like 10 different classed every event junior 1and 2 then JR pro then stock light med and heavy limited modified and the open modified for example 2 classed is not enough and I did not kmow about the second u metioned First mybe a under 1000 dollar class then a break barrel also a co2 class a gun you can not open up and under 1000 bucks then other class could be limited build say any barrel hammers spring larger plentum.This is a quick example.You should agree with me dont u want a fair field and class set for your skill level and budget.This would greatly expand sport open up to many many new people.I get it more classes always a chasllange but I believe professionally necessarly

This was the same complaint regarding the original side shot magazines and all custom work done to existing rifles.
Should there be a governing body that would inspect every single rifle on the line prior to competition? Maybe, but that seems a stretch for a relatively small market...... although the massive governing bodies such as FIA in Formula 1 proves to be a joke anyways.
You could be right and just officially label it as Open Class and anything goes, limit it to projectiles and air power only.

The Red Panda appears to be mainly a AEA anyways, so where would you draw the line? Only the official manufactured breech is acceptable? I have several Frankenstein airguns you could hardly tell what they are.

Reactions: Dairyboy
This was the same complaint regarding the original side shot magazines and all custom work done to existing rifles.
Should there be a governing body that would inspect every single rifle on the line prior to competition? Maybe, but that seems a stretch for a relatively small market...... although the massive governing bodies such as FIA in Formula 1 proves to be a joke anyways.
You could be right and just officially label it as Open Class and anything goes, limit it to projectiles and air power only.

The Red Panda appears to be mainly a AEA anyways, so where would you draw the line? Only the official manufactured breech is acceptable? I have several Frankenstein airguns you could hardly tell what they are.

I appreciate your feebacmessk it is a mess I hope it gets fixedI could think of alot of classes to have . It woiuld bring many people into play .If was to make long you could have different divisions not on same day. There mybe be alot more people competing if this platform was tried.I will metion this topic often .I come from other pro sports and classes opens it up for others.Like racing on Saterday dirt track many classes.If you could only race a modified car big money all the rich people can compete.. As far as checking out every rifle .You only scrutinize the top 10 .The top runners are subject to teardown .Dont even worry about people not placing geting checked by tech is a right of passage knowing your in the top pack

I have been borderline harassing Donny and guys about getting one of these when they come in. I would guess the pricing would be around the price of an impact, the $1900-2200 range.

This will make a great nrl22 gun and a hunting rifle.
Think it would be too heavy for hunting? Someone said it's not practical for hunting but thats what I want it for lol

Reactions: woogie_man
That is not my point sorry took so long to reply.No I dont think that at all but the one saber uses is not the same you or me can buy.They admit to using prototypes and they are top tech in airgun comp.No other sport can You run wild like this. Have a open class no tech no rules but other classes are needed.The equpment your using has great impact on your performance.If I ued sabers gun Im sure my shooting would improve as would most peeps.

The looks is not a performance enhancer.And you do not have the internals Saber doed nobody does.

The most intriguing aspect of the Red Panda to me is the barrel, which leads into the discussion of guns used in comp being "stock" versus no limits.

Having very few equipment restrictions (current situation in the high profile airgun comps) is the ideal setting for making advancements in performance and equipment.

In my opinion, the barrel itself carries the most weight in the accuracy/precision recipe. Not ALL the weight, but the most. Recipe components being: barrel, gun, ammo, scope, supports (sleds/bipods/bags), shooter.

Due the the nature of air rifles, restricting the equipment would be a very difficult proposition. And there are many aspects here, but in my example of the barrel.....what would we do there? You can only use a certain manufacturer or twist rate or choke or type of rifling? Complicated situation.

Take field target competitions for example, there ARE equipment restricted classes, Hunter for example, doesn't allow shooting jackets or butt hooks or deep knee risers or adjusting anything on the stock during the match, or scope magnification above 16x. While WFTF allows nearly any/all ancillary aids. And the big BUT here, even in the most equipment restricted class of Hunter, a guy can rebarrel his gun with whatever he wants.

There is a huge discrepancy from barrel to barrel, even when those barrels are supposedly from the same manufacturer with the same twist rate and same rifling and choke. The barrel is the biggest way to make large gains in accuracy/precision.

So, back to the Red Panda barrel...I've not seen any details released about the barrel. Are they being made in-house? Rifling type? Chokes? Etc. Whatever that barrel is, it and being used by Thaynes skill, are the biggest factors in why the Red Panda kicked butt last year.