New feeder

sparrows are all over my millet dove field. I just made up a make shift feeder with filled wild bird seed. They should find it pretty soon as all the other houses around the area have feeders. 

1594504709_11742175365f0a3605026578.85104149.jpeg

Line is not active.. I put up two old utility poles and stretched a wire cable between the two. ( ~90 yds) I used nylon string to keep it in place with a metal stake to hold the string.. One of the strings is just for stability and connects to the pole. It will be easy to fill the feeder. I'm going to put up another wooden feeder today.. Hopefully to have two locations to aim..

I'm on a mission to kill those sparrows.. I thought about trapping them but, the sound that a JSB .22 makes is sooooo satisfying...

Perfect set up for the sparrows. I’m at war with them right now. They are trying to kill the baby swallows in the nesting boxes. They come mostly early morning and gang up on a box. I’m afraid they got one family because there’s flies around the box. Sparrows get into the box and peck the babies to death. I’ve explained to my neighbors about what’s happening so they don’t freak out when I kill a sparrow. Good job MarkT, I only have a few shooting lanes at the nesting boxes and the one they killed off is not in a safe shooting lane. Pop those little bastards!