New Experience With A Ground Blind

I started out with a Primos Double Bull. 3 different people have put it up but only one could take it down and fold it ready to go into its carry bag. It's a 'hub' style blind. Some of the stitching even ripped in the process. Went to Cabelas to get a different one. While there they had several set up and the hubs would pop in and out 90% easier than what we experienced. I think the thing was defective from the start.

I ended up with an Ameristep Dog House Blind. No Hubs. Start to open it and it springs open. Put in a couple of tent style flexible rods and your done. It comes packed in a circle about 30' in diameter. I set it up out in the yard and started shooting a targets in my field. What a new experience. The Wildcat was much easier to handle inside because it is not as long as the Sniper. With me against the back wall the muzzle of the Sniper just comes to the front of the window opening. I think movement would be seen from the outside as you have to get to close to the window. 

Again, the Sniper was quiet even in the enclosed space of the blind. One could hear the hammer strike on the Wildcat but it was not objectionable. I do think the blind will make me a little less obvious to the Collared Doves. I measured and I can lay the blind in the bed of the truck and don't even have to mess with folding it all the way. My suggestion is if you are going to get a blind go to a store that has them. Pick one out and put it up and take it down. Don't mess with the floor model. I think some of those are well broken in or made easier to assemble by loosening the hub some way.

I have owned and used Double Bull blinds since the early 2000’s and have never had a problem with them. The hub style blinds work great and they reduce wind flap which spooks animals. You just have to learn how to use them. Primos post videos on how to set them up and usually it is Keith Bean doing the demo, he is one of the original Double Bull owners. Blinds are great for concealing movement and great for taking new hunters and kids out who have trouble staying still. Sorry you had a bad experience with your blind.