New enthusiast!

So I recently found out about pcp rifles and after watching YouTube and reading this forum like a fiend… I ordered a Nomad ll and a Benjamin bulldog (and some NSA slugs for it). Got to play with it at the range this past Saturday and I’m hooked! With my limited skill, a dirty barrel, and the cheap scope it comes with.. I managed some pretty good groups at 75 yards.

Now I want a laser accurate .25 call so I can spend more time practicing and less time filling the gun (and less money on ammo lol). 

Is the FX impact m3 the end all gun? I really like the modularity of the gun. Being able to switch calibers, barrel lengths, and all the accessories available makes the gun look like the most versatile platform. 

What do you guys think? I always hear they are “complicated”.. but I rebuild transmissions for fun. I watched a break down of the rifle and it looks very simple (to me). It’s just a bit of a investment so I’d like others opinions.

Nsboost,

Well, this forum has both supporters and detractors of FX, I think the FX supporters are in a majority, but not sure. I've a bronze .25 M3 Sniper and it's "boring" accurate. At 50 yards, with JSB Exact King (25.39 grain,) its dime group after dime group, unless I mess up. I'm shooting factory settings and not one who's big on adjusting things. If a person wanted to, however, the M3 offers real adjustability options, almost endless, if you consider barrel changes, pellets or slugs, and on and on. I bought it for the adjustability factor, knowing that, even if I never use them, I still have many options available with this platform. This sounds like something you'd be perfectly happy with. Just my two cents worth.

Welcome Aboard,

WM

Nsboost,

Nice to have you here. .25 cal is a great round and is very versatile. The impact does offer a huge amount of flexibility and is a platform that has gotten better over time. The first models had some reliability issues (even most FX gurus/fan boys will admit this), but each new model has gotten better and better. The originals just had looser tolerances that led some to having numerous o-ring failures and the like. It is truly amazing what some people are doing with there impacts in multiple facets (hunting, target, speed shooting, etc.) There are a huge number of gun options out there and accuracy can be phenomenal in many of them. Many here can help point you in a direction, but knowing a little more about what your looking for in a gun would be beneficial. Just for reference, I currently own a benjamin marauder .25, taipan veteran .25 with FX impact barrel, taipan mutant .22, Kalibrgun cricket .25, Artemis p15 .22, beeman underlever .22, FX maverick .22/.30, and an airforce texan .457. All are awesome in their own right, but again each gun has its place and I have stories behind each.

Welcome.

I have a Gen1 Impact-X and a new M3. I have shot my Impact-X in .25 with a 700mm slug A liner extensively 12K+ rounds and I absolutely love the gun. More often than not I was shooting sub MOA groups and on the less windy days .5MOA groups at 100 yards. Plinking paint cans off of the 200meter steel targets was a favorite past time of mine.

I found my M3 in the .30 Sniper version to be much easier to tune so much less ammo is wasted doing so.

I would have to agree they are probly the most versatile gun out there. Not just because of all of the tuning adjustments, of which there are many, but because of the upgrades. parts and accessories available from FX and aftermarket vendors. There is a huge following, and rightly so, they gun can be pretty much whatever you want it to be.

Yes, they are spendy but they are really worth it to me and I am not a wealthy man by any means. 

I drive a 13 year old 4K$ car around with 10K$ worth of airguns in the back so I am properly addicted to this airgun thing for sure. ;^)

All I can say more is get one you will love it.

Thanks for all the replys! 

i did end up purchasing a 700mm .25 M3. Put some no limit rings and a helix 4-16 scope on it. Picked up the Kraford and Lypt Arca rail and a accutac bipod. 

I am now broke and completely in love 🤣🤣. This thing is incredible! At 50 and 75y I can basically stack pellets. When I went to the indoor range, I was shooting groups having a google ole time. When I looked up I had 4-5 guys all standing behind me watching me shoot. I was outshooting everyone there with their powder burners and it was my first day out with the Impact. Thing is incredibly impressive.

Now I really want a second one 🤣🤣🤣. I can’t afford to let go of the money for another $3400 setup tho. But I want to! That’s how much I love this thing!

If you rebuild transmissions for fun then this impact and its inner workings will be a piece of cake for you. 

Pcp’s st this level require mechanical ability to service and maintain. Sounds like you’ve got a lot of that.

Now with all that said, rebuilding an A518 727 Torque Flite is on my bucket list to do, ha ha

Well I’ve already scoured the FX schematics and got all the seals ordered so I have them in hand… LOTS of them on hand 😅. The last two years have turned me into a prepper and side hustle king. 

i haven’t been into a torque flight. I’m a big GM guy but recently acquired a old 02 24v Cummins truck so I’m sure at some point I might be diving into something outside my norms. It’s all those new 8 and 10 speeds that scare me lol. 

Wife just bought her first firearm and wants to start coming to the range with me so I’m excited for that! The world we live in, it felt like a necessity for her. I’m not happy that it is, but I am happy she found reason to join me 😁😁