• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Edgun Biathlon style ???

I'm cool, this is awesome !!!!! Mag placement and the short bolt actiono_O
Ed please send one to the Netherlands, I'll test it for you.
Ed also send one to Bulgaria, I'll take it to the European FT competition later this month. 😉🙂. I'm on the marshall team.

Taster look for competitors from 30 countries, advance advertising for hopefully easier times.

Great and exciting product, браво.👍

Nice!
A pcp that mimics the Fortner 1827 series is a suggestion I had made here on AGN years ago and soon it will be reality.

I got a 6fpe Steyr LGB1 Biathlon trainer years ago and liked it so much that as soon as could I bought the original Anschutz 1827F 22rf.
The action in this 22rf is the ultimate for speed and convenience for a non semiautomatic! You'd just have to experience one to know how awesome these are.

At the moment I'm wondering if the magazine is only 5 shot and if Ed has plans to make high cap mags??
Also if the magazine is a stick mag for slugs? Doubtful but that is another thing missing in the pcp world.

Also if the magazine is a stick mag for slugs? Doubtful but that is another thing missing in the pcp world.
I agree, proper full blow slug rifles, should not have a pellet magazine, just CUZ thats easy to do.
Me full knowing that as a locked to .177 being, something like that is probably not going to work with anything else but the largest .177 / 20 gr slugs.
Assuming that 10 - 16 gr slugs are simply too short for stacking in a conventional way, and not least chambering them in some way

I agree, proper full blow slug rifles, should not have a pellet magazine, just CUZ thats easy to do.
Me full knowing that as a locked to .177 being, something like that is probably not going to work with anything else but the largest .177 / 20 gr slugs.
Assuming that 10 - 16 gr slugs are simply too short for stacking in a conventional way, and not least chambering them in some way
If they can get 22 shorts and shotgun shells to feed reliably I assume they can get (reasonably??) short slugs to do the same.
It'll be fun if this ever happens!!!

Reactions: 17dean
Could be.
Mostly my brain tend to make things more simpel than they actually are, i have " burned my fingers " a few times this way.
For instance in cameras, well i know camera sensors " speak " in standardized languages, so i assume as long as your camera SOC can understand /speak the same you can use any sensor, but that do not seem to be the case.

But this, and how to make a better airgun valve that is independent of the pressure behind it, well stuff like that run thru my brain when i lie for hours on end in bed unable to fall asleep.
For loading i think you probably have to do like some Co2 guns do, so pretty much feed directly from the magazine, without the slide / lift you otherwise see in cartridge weapons, so i think that is quite doable, maybe also accommodate different size / weight slugs, but you probably can not do that with a 1 mag fit all approach, CUZ after all a 10 Gr .177 slug are just half the length of a 20 grain slug and that length are barely the 4.5 mm of the caliber, so in my view a big chance of a jam.
My vivid fantasy say " this i can do "

That valve thing though, i have spent many hours on it lately, but the things i come up with i am sure have too much friction.
Also been down what is essentially a safety valve that you then assist with a hammer to blow, but this again will probably just work like present valves and so not really be a new thing just complication on current design.
Also you pretty much just insert 1 more factor in that you then also have to tune your safety valve spring to the pressure you have in front of it.

I need machines and tools, i think better with my hands.