FX New DREAMLINE tac 25

Hey, total new guy, day one. I just purchased an FX Dreamline tactical .25 tube version from Utah Airguns.
EDIT: I am shooting Exact Kings 25.39 I've gone thru about 2 150 rdtins trying to figure out a tune. I would like to be at 880. But everything I watch doesn't seem to apply to my gun other than the fact that they were right about the balance between the HST wheel and more pressure Def doesn't mean more power. I've tried every position on my wheel (which isn't labeled A-E 1-5 and "MAX". Its 1-23 1 being low side of the cam 23 being the high side. I have gotten the best results from about 118BAR on the reg and Max on the wheel and I'm getting 863-868... AND that's through 40 shots give or take 5. (More on the give). I have gone from 110 all the way to 140 trying to get 900 and I've seen 880 once. At 115. But it was at max and the spread was about 25fps and when I backed it off on the wheel... dropped to 845/850 . My TP is on "HIGH". I'm not understanding how the lower my reg the higher my velocities. On every position of the power wheel. Anyone got any information or tips to try out.

BTW, Name is Alex, I live in Gwinnett County GA (Buford/Lawrenceville area) I'm 38, nice to meet you all. Any tips appreciated.

Couple options here. If the adjuster for the hammer tension is anything like my crown you can change the preset. Try and take the "power" wheel off and see if there is a small Allen screw you can adjust on the sliding piece that rides against the wheel detents. Make sure not to lose the tiny ball bearings under the power wheel.

Option 2, get a custom hammer weight. This will open the valve more at higher pressures. The hammers in these guns and mine are pretty light so you don't need much weight to have an affect. I'd suggest maybe 4gm for your use case. Just don't ever dry fire the gun when it's low on pressure or empty of air. Also if your gun is anything like my crown you may need to shorten the hammer spring guide a bit if using an additional (custom) Hamer weight.

Thats about it. The valve is lifting less as pressure increases cause you don't have enough hammer weight to overcome the pressure behind the valve.

You might be able to massage the ports and probe a bit to help.

Reactions: $p00kygH0ST
The Dreamline is not known as a power house .
Can it get to what you are asking it to? maybe...
If yours is the 500mm barrel version it's going to be tough to get to 900 with a 25.39gr pellet.

I will say this and you can take it for what it's worth.
Tuning Any gun to it's absolute max is Not good for the gun, it will not be happy. It will sound all bound up , terrible efficiency, and usually won't be very accurate.
I would tune the gun to where the numbers are good as far as spread and deviation are concerned 1st.
Once you have verified it's shooting nice groups and it sounds happy, leave it alone no matter what the final FPS numbers are.
I have found that many guns are damn accurate at lower FPS

Gppd luck tp ya and welcome to the forum

The Dreamline is not known as a power house .
Can it get to what you are asking it to? maybe...
If yours is the 500mm barrel version it's going to be tough to get to 900 with a 25.39gr pellet.

I will say this and you can take it for what it's worth.
Tuning Any gun to it's absolute max is Not good for the gun, it will not be happy. It will sound all bound up , terrible efficiency, and usually won't be very accurate.
I would tune the gun to where the numbers are good as far as spread and deviation are concerned 1st.
Once you have verified it's shooting nice groups and it sounds happy, leave it alone no matter what the final FPS numbers are.
I have found that many guns are damn accurate at lower FPS

Gppd luck tp ya and welcome to the forum
Mine is in fact the 600mm and I'm watching videos of bone stock new dreamlines getting well over 940 with 25.39 which is the baseline for .25 cal (not 22) mine is .25cal 600mm 290cc

20240425_174417.jpg

Hey, total new guy, day one. I just purchased an FX Dreamline tactical .25 tube version from Utah Airguns.
EDIT: I am shooting Exact Kings 25.39 I've gone thru about 2 150 rdtins trying to figure out a tune. I would like to be at 880. But everything I watch doesn't seem to apply to my gun other than the fact that they were right about the balance between the HST wheel and more pressure Def doesn't mean more power. I've tried every position on my wheel (which isn't labeled A-E 1-5 and "MAX". Its 1-23 1 being low side of the cam 23 being the high side. I have gotten the best results from about 118BAR on the reg and Max on the wheel and I'm getting 863-868... AND that's through 40 shots give or take 5. (More on the give). I have gone from 110 all the way to 140 trying to get 900 and I've seen 880 once. At 115. But it was at max and the spread was about 25fps and when I backed it off on the wheel... dropped to 845/850 . My TP is on "HIGH". I'm not understanding how the lower my reg the higher my velocities. On every position of the power wheel. Anyone got any information or tips to try out.

BTW, Name is Alex, I live in Gwinnett County GA (Buford/Lawrenceville area) I'm 38, nice to meet you all. Any tips appreciated.
Thank you for the suggestions. And the timely response.

20240425_191426.jpg

So, looking at this, pretty sure you dont need to take the wheel off, but it would make sense to remove the sliding piece under the wheel for adjustment so as to not mar the action or reciver while doing it. But im certain you can insert a small allen key in the recess and turn the screw clockwise to increase preload on the hammer spring . With everything fully assembled.
1000008806.jpg

So, looking at this, pretty sure you dont need to take the wheel off, but it would make sense to remove the sliding piece under the wheel for adjustment so as to not mar the action or reciver while doing it. But im certain you can insert a small allen key in the recess and turn the screw clockwise to increase preload on the hammer spring . With everything fully assembled.View attachment 459115
Was hoping not to have to get into that yet. AEAC tunes a DL TAC 30/600[ and gets over 880 without having to go so far, and then gets around 940/98fpe using heavier Slugs. 910 airguns tunes a 25/600 tube DL tac to 940 pre addition of power plenum on 25.39 Exact kings. Thank you. Any ideas why 110bar-118 bar seems to be the sweet spot for me and everyone else I see is over 125-145?

Not real familiar with the Dreamline, but it should shoot a bit faster than that. I sent you a PM, as I'm also in your area.

Was hoping not to have to get into that yet. AEAC tunes a DL TAC 30/600[ and gets over 880 without having to go so far, and then gets around 940/98fpe using heavier Slugs. 910 airguns tunes a 25/600 tube DL tac to 940 pre addition of power plenum on 25.39 Exact kings. Thank you. Any ideas why 110bar-118 bar seems to be the sweet spot for me and everyone else I see is over 125-145?

Not real familiar with the Dreamline, but it should shoot a bit faster than that. I sent you a PM, as I'm also in your area.
Responded. Thank you.

Put your power wheel on max power, turn the small allen screw that adjusts the hammer spring in till you max out on velocity, then start turning up your reg till you start to hit the velocity you want +5%. 924 fps would be your max velocity. Once there, back the power wheel down till you get your 880 fps and all should be right with the world. You may need to bump up the small hammer spring adjuster screw the high your reg pressure gets, but usually isn't very many turns.

@Long_Gun_Dallas circled the hammer spring screw in the above picture.

These guns have different hammers in them. Maybe yours has one from a lower caliber or lower power model?

These guns have different hammers in them. Maybe yours has one from a lower caliber or lower power model?
Mine was 25/30 from ground up I thought. The 25/30 dream tac come with 600mm barrels and 290cc air tubes where as the 177/22 have 500mm, 250cc or 220cc air tubes and internal kits. I believe you and Sqwirl are correct. I'll try the internal hammer spring adjustment.

Reactions: rcarlisle
Put your power wheel on max power, turn the small allen screw that adjusts the hammer spring in till you max out on velocity, then start turning up your reg till you start to hit the velocity you want +5%. 924 fps would be your max velocity. Once there, back the power wheel down till you get your 880 fps and all should be right with the world. You may need to bump up the small hammer spring adjuster screw the high your reg pressure gets, but usually isn't very many turns.

@Long_Gun_Dallas circled the hammer spring screw in the above picture.
I'm going to go ahead and accept Joe, Dallas, and Sqwirls answers as the likely solution as that's the only thing I've not tinkered with at all. Possible it's all the way on the low end considering this is a new out of box gun?

Anyway, maybe leave good enough alone. 865 at a relatively low pressure getting a great 45-50 shots with very consistent velocities and tight groups is plenty.

Knowing about that little hidden screw is key. I found, when chasing the power drive 16gr .177 pellets at 880 fps or so, the gun would do it but felt pretty harsh to shoot and shot count dropped by 50% or so over the 10gr pellets it came tuned for. I opted to use 13gr for my heavy pellet instead of throwing money at it.
Speaking of throwing money at it: I like that power wheel better than mine (the letters and numbers job). I may have to order one. :ROFLMAO: