• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

New DonnyFL’s dropped today!

They are about the same, but the quick attach is great.

Have the Ryu as well as a 1200 and 1350
Thanks for the confirmation. How solid is the quick connect lockup? Does it actually lock into place somehow (with a detent or something similar), or does it have the potential to loosen during a long shooting session?

Reactions: Dairyboy
Thanks for the confirmation. How solid is the quick connect lockup? Does it actually lock into place somehow (with a detent or something similar), or does it have the potential to loosen during a long shooting session?
It is a quick turn with a detent. When I get back home I can get some pictures of the attach unit. And the same part can be used between either can as well.

Got my Koyo in .22 yesterday , Its really solid when attached to the gun looks and works really well On my FX Maverick . The maverick Is not a loud gun anyway but the Koyo makes It almost silent POI Is very very consistent . However I tried It on my Hatsan factor Sniper which Is a loud gun , It did make a bit of a difference to the noise level but I wouldn't call It back yard friendly by any means so that was a bit disappointing . If you Intend to use this on multiple guns your going to need the adapter for each of your guns unless you intend to swap the adapter from gun to gun in which case It makes this type on moderator pointless . As of right now I haven't seen any adapters for sale .
29623.jpg

Donny's take on the modular LDC is quite different than the intended purpose:

Looks like he made them caliber specific, so the concept of modular LDC (One LDC to fit many guns) does not apply. He probably wants to convince us ultimate silence can only be achieved with a caliber specific LDC. I'm not buying it.

I also don't see baffles sold separately, confirming that these LDCs are not truly modular from gun to gun. Further, I only see two threaded body thread types (1/2UNF & M18x1). I can't even swap the baffles onto another threaded body if I wanted to.

His sales copy also confirms the limited benefits of being modular with his product: Quick detachment, index locking system, and modular design (for length adjustment).

Sadly, I only see this shiny new toy for bragging rights, similar to Apple products in the tech world. IMO, a product designed to line his pockets.

A much better investment is a STO Sarissa from .177 - .30 in high flow in 1/2UNF if you want one LDC to fit many guns.

Looks like he made them caliber specific, so the concept of modular LDC (One LDC to fit many guns) does not apply. He probably wants to convince us ultimate silence can only be achieved with a caliber specific LDC. I'm not buying it.

40mm x 255mm 250 grams translates to 1.6" x 10' and 8.8 ounces ... That's a big stick to slap on the end of a rifle for field use. Not for everyone.

You say "ultimate silence". If that is his motive and I suspect it is not, he would still be correct. The quietest moderator will be one designed for the specific caliber. Now if accuracy is the issue you are trying to maximize, yes, you can get excellent accuracy with a moderator designed for a larger caliber. A whole lot of testing has shown us very clearly that bore clearance (and most importantly exit clearance) has a significant impact upon actual quieting. It's not the only thing, but you aren't going to get that last dB without a caliber specific design.

That's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGunShooter
Donny's take on the modular LDC is quite different than the intended purpose:

I also don't see baffles sold separately, confirming that these LDCs are not truly modular from gun to gun. Further, I only see two threaded body thread types (1/2UNF & M18x1). I can't even swap the baffles onto another threaded body if I wanted to.

His sales copy also confirms the limited benefits of being modular with his product: Quick detachment, index locking system, and modular design (for length adjustment).

Sadly, I only see this shiny new toy for bragging rights, similar to Apple products in the tech world. IMO, a product designed to line his pockets.

A much better investment is a STO Sarissa from .177 - .30 in high flow in 1/2UNF if you want one LDC to fit many guns.

Think the DonnyFL endcaps would fit on any of the STO's? That's would be nice

His website still doesn't show any moderators in stock or for sale? Did he finally work out the issue with the Alphabet org?

Is this one for sale; or have I accessed a hidden link?

More of them, here: