• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New DonnyFL’s dropped today!

Well, if you click on this product link, it states it will not ship outside the US:

Screen capture of that statement, below:

US only.PNG

Then again, on the contact page there is a statement that indicates moderators are not for sale.

Screen capture, below:

contact.PNG

That site is not a scam, but try to find a moderator on it :)

Speaking of possible scam sites, here is a discussion about DonnyFL.net. That is the one I linked, above.

Donny replied in the thread below, that the .net site is for international distributors (as opposed to individual customers). It seem to allow US purchases, only; then on the contact page it contradict that notion.

So, print it with a thin wall; or get someone else to print you one. I design these things in my sleep. Latest are these; just for fun:
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/22-ldc-bore-clearance-study-print-files.1300099/

These are more fancy, and perhaps closer to what you are looking for; except they should have integral outer tubes, if you are concerned about making something too strong:

Manufacturers generally have their moderators permanently affixed to the airgun to avoid hiccups with the law, as anyone can simply slap an adapter on and use them otherwise when they're not. It only has to attach and be effective once for the Alphabet org to consider it a suppressor. There are very few exceptions with airguns that come with detachable moderators. Whats worse is the latest from huben being both its form factor and a detachable moderator, not looking good.

I'd rather not play with that fire if I were a gunsmith or manufacturer or pcp's.

-Matt

Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith
Manufacturers generally have their moderators permanently affixed to the airgun to avoid hiccups with the law, as anyone can simply slap an adapter on and use them otherwise when they're not. It only has to attach and be effective once for the Alphabet org to consider it a suppressor. There are very few exceptions with airguns that come with detachable moderators. Whats worse is the latest from huben being both its form factor and a detachable moderator, not looking good.

I'd rather not play with that fire if I were a gunsmith or manufacturer or pcp's.

-Matt
I have no firsthand knowledge of airgun suppressors but the pics of the Donnyfl ones look like real screw on/off ones to me. Are they not? I'm even terrified to make an integral one because intent could be argued in the early phase of machining.

I have no firsthand knowledge of airgun suppressors but the pics of the Donnyfl ones look like real screw on/off ones to me. Are they not? I'm even terrified to make an integral one because intent could be argued in the early phase of machining.
The latest DonnyFL moderators have the specific QD mounts, and they also offer the QD adapters for the legacy moderators. I'm certain, this was with much coordination with their lawyers and those 3 letter agencies to ensure they would no longer run afoul of their perception of legality.

So I purchased a QD mount for my Ronin and attached it to my Maverick .30cal to ensure those agencies won't have issues with me!

Now the problem I'm dealing with is there are no QD mounts for the Emperor for my Benjamin Bulldog .357cal, so I'm only partially compliant.

The latest DonnyFL moderators have the specific QD mounts, and they also offer the QD adapters for the legacy moderators. I'm certain, this was with much coordination with their lawyers and those 3 letter agencies to ensure they would no longer run afoul of their perception of legality.

So I purchased a QD mount for my Ronin and attached it to my Maverick .30cal to ensure those agencies won't have issues with me!

Now the problem I'm dealing with is there are no QD mounts for the Emperor for my Benjamin Bulldog .357cal, so I'm only partially compliant.
Where are you getting all this IMAGINARY legal advice?

I have similar worries because the chickens we raise for meat eat all our homegrown MJ seeds & stems.
It's truly a states' rights issue

I get that, but the alphabet agency has put many people in cages by reading their mind and proving their intentions (sarcasm), although they apparently have a really good track record of proving intent. My primary business being to work on actual firearms could easily sway a jury of people too stupid to get out of jury duty to convict me of intent. I don't know how people in the airgun industry view the Alphabet org, but people in the firearms industry are terrified of them. They demand to make themselves relevant and often do. Theres currently 2 gentlemen sitting in federal prison that just got convicted for selling pictures of a machine gun part that was drawn on a sheet of metal.

I get that, but the alphabet agency has put many people in cages by reading their mind and proving their intentions (sarcasm), although they apparently have a really good track record of proving intent. My primary business being to work on actual firearms could easily sway a jury of people too stupid to get out of jury duty to convict me of intent. I don't know how people in the airgun industry view the Alphabet org, but people in the firearms industry are terrified of them. They demand to make themselves relevant and often do. Theres currently 2 gentlemen sitting in federal prison that just got convicted for selling pictures of a machine gun part that was drawn on a sheet of metal.
Yeah, I guess that's why we don't speak of firearms much around here. I get your point and being a gunsmith you definitely should be more circumspect. You'd want to make some kind of a firewall between the two disciplines (one regulated, one not regulated). Not sure how you would do that other than just stay away from removable AG moderators in your specific case or mark them specifically.

Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith
Gentlemen, y'all are drifting out of bounds regarding the AGN prohibition on 2A, firearms and firearms parts. AIRGUN NATION is NOT the place for those discussions. AIRGUN NATION is NOT the place to discuss firearm laws, regulation, politics or politicians.

Thread will be locked if the trajectory does not get corrected.

Last edited:

IMG_6776.jpeg

Like my new Donny FL on my Ghost

Reactions: N2 Shooter