• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

New Donnyfl

Got this today and excited for tomorrow to see how it compares to my other moderators.177/.22
IMG_6199.jpeg

I got to play with the ryu and Yokozuna. I was impressed with the build quality. I didn’t get to shoot through either of them. I don’t know if I like the quick attach(again I just looked them over). I’m really excited for a review, I have another brand that you can add sections too and it will not pass a roll test( causing clipping)

Reactions: woogie_man
I was on the fence about buying a koi. When I saw the ryu was the same diameter it got my attention and then won me over with the baffle design. I’m comparing it to the stock FX impact moderator (the empty tube) and a Donnyfl fatboy with the extension tube and the brake and inserts. I’ve tried the fatboy a number of ways and at the power levels I shoot at the fx empty tube just sounded better to me, the shooter. The ryu sounds to me about the same as the fx moderator. The end cap has two marks on the bore that are pretty ugly, I can’t imagine I had any clipping, I looked under the o ring groove and didn’t see any anodizing marks and I’m hoping the marks are from the anodizing process. The gun really didn’t have any poi shift from the FX can so again I can’t imagine clipping. I am however shooting a 22 in a 22 can. 18g pellets. Love the look of it. Unless my accuracy and consistency at distance goes downhill I think I’ll like this moderator overall.

Reactions: cavedweller
What other mods will you be comparing it to?
Weihrauch, STO, zero DB, and a huma and it’s a lot of sound reduction for the money BUT I’m only shooting.177 at 890 fps
If it matters, i like it so much I bought the same design model in .25 today!

Last edited:
All they have to do is make a 1/2 x 20 male to QD rear cap adapter and it would fit any LDC.

THAT'S what I'm waiting for.
Great idea @allinssd
But then many would buy adapters, and few would buy RYUs
Not the best marketing intro for a new product
Unless of course the adapters turn a wicked profit

What I am awaiting is for someone to show that this little RYU will quiet the bark of a Sumatra 25 set Hi on the wheel.

Edward

I just got an FX Hunter Compact in 25 with the Yokozuna. For that gun in its case, the quick release is perfect. The moderator is very quiet but mine has a high pitched ping to it. Currently shooting H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 28.24gr at 828fps. Hitting the target is definitely louder than the shot.
Are you talking about the Yokozuna having a ping? If so, try removing the large empty section and just use the 3 smaller ones.

IMG-DFL-YOKO-Shorty.JPG

The large section is machined differently than the smaller sections and the base section. the small sections and the base section have o-rings that engage the threads as you begin to tighten the section. The large section is not threaded all the way to the end and thus there is no o-ring contact..just metal to metal.

I took the large empty section off and tested without it on. The "ping" went away. The sound seemed a touch louder (ears only with tinnitus) so I put the large empty section back on; tightened the smaller sections on; and reshot. The ping was no longer noticeable so I will chalk it up to not having the last section tight against the large empty section. I'll put a db meter on and see what the difference is as having it a bit shorter is desirable for hunting! It still won't fit in the case with the one section off, so that will have no impact.

Thanks for the tip, @IBC_PSI