• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New digital gauges!

However,there really is not a complete compendium of thread knowledge to be found ,as far as I can tell.

It sure would be great to find a database that provides detail on all of the thread configurations such as BSP NPT, NPTF, UNC, UNF, JNC, and all of those my lack of knowledge has omitted,

A very basic help regards to threads:

1/8-20 NPT for threads made and used in America

1/8 BSP (BSPP) for threads made and used in Europe

10x1 Millimetres for threads made and used in Asia/Far East

NPT is tapered thread, the pitch is close by eye to BSP but doesn't match, yes you can force thread on thread (for a quick fix until you get the right fitting) but a teflon tape and a common sense is a must. If you never did force these threads before I would say don't play with that.

Both BSP and MM are cylindrical and the pitch is possible interchangeable but with a difference where the mating (male and female threads) seals and be careful with that when applying high pressure. You can exchange both fittings (for a quick fix until you get the right fitting) but must have common sense how to seal, if you never did that I would say don't and stay away.

If you really want to dig into details I can recommend this literature, I have a hardcopy from somewhere two decades ago, beside a front cover graphics not much updates since.

Just a follow-up on these digital gauges. I am pretty sure I signed up to be notified on their web site about a month ago, but did not receive any emails that it was in stock. Are these gauges being sold yet?

A bit confused about the brass vs steel material. Only the material differs, and everything else inside is the same? What is the pre-order option? Is there a 1st and 2nd generation gauge?

Got mine a couple weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them. Battery life is great, plenty of settings to have them just how you want it. I have the one on the reg set in simple mode, then the full options on the bottle. Very sensitive and love the shots remaining displayed, avg air used, last shots air use.

I had the EDMU and these are miles better. I'll do a full review once I've had them a month or so. But so far very promising.

1597078213_19971254945f317ac5388889.71984794.jpg

1597078242_6065678955f317ae270b333.68309146.jpg

Got mine a couple weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them. Battery life is great, plenty of settings to have them just how you want it. I have the one on the reg set in simple mode, then the full options on the bottle. Very sensitive and love the shots remaining displayed, avg air used, last shots air use.

I had the EDMU and these are miles better. I'll do a full review once I've had them a month or so. But so far very promising.

Did you get them as one of the pre-release testers?

Did you get them as one of the pre-release testers?

Yeah I did.

I agree Glem! They are supposed to start selling them Aug. 15th, that obviously changed if you got them already. They come in brass and stainless. It just depends which one you like the look of. Most of us that originally tested them were testing them pre release. There were a few problems but it sounds like they got them all worked out...that’s why we were testing them. They are awesome! I absolutely love them, they’re extremely accurate, and have some great functions to help tune your gun for efficiency. Air used per shot, remaining shots, stuff like that.
Stoti

NPT is tapered thread, the pitch is close by eye to BSP but doesn't match, yes you can force thread on thread (for a quick fix until you get the right fitting) but a teflon tape and a common sense is a must. If you never did force these threads before I would say don't play with that.

Both BSP and MM are cylindrical and the pitch is possible interchangeable but with a difference where the mating (male and female threads) seals and be careful with that when applying high pressure. You can exchange both fittings (for a quick fix until you get the right fitting) but must have common sense how to seal, if you never did that I would say don't and stay away.

This is not great advice to follow 😱 Forcing mismatching threads and mismatching pitches and the same for the M10x1 with the 1/8BSPP. This quick fix is something you won't do if you at least know what you're doing. Especially with the pressures we're using this is just plain stupid to play with.... For some low pressure water connection I can imagine that in some emergency situations this might happen once but up to 250 bar air pressure is not a toy anymore.

M10x1 and 1/8 BSPP (G1/8x28) do look similar but the angles are different (60 degrees vs 55 degrees), pitch is different (25.4 TPI vs 28 TPI or 1mm pitch vs 0.907mm pitch in metric units) and sizes differ slightly. What will happen is that at some point you will just jam the threads together and screw up one of the two or both. Forcing tapered into parallel creates very little contact surface and you will for sure screw up one of the two threads.

Regarding the questions about the threads used: all latest generation FX airguns (Impact, DL, SL, Wildcat, Royale, Boss etc ) use 1/8 BSPP (G1/8x28) for their pressure gauges. Before they also used them in (most or all) models but I'm not aware of all models and how they're build so this needs to be confirmed by someone who does know this.

Pretty much all airguns nowadays use 1/8 BSPP as thread for pressure gauges. One that for sure deviates is the Steyr LG110 / Challenge, they use M10x1 in their tubes.

Before screwing around with with wrong threads please ask the manufacturer to be sure which thread you have, Better to wait for a couple of days on the answer then waiting a couple of days for the eye doctor to try to fix things that can't be repaired 😉

This company is working on these gauges for a year already, right? I think I found them once when I was looking for an alternative for the EDMU. It can indeed be argued whether digital pressure gauges are really needed but it for sure it has some features

We have a manometer (retrofitted by our dealer) original from Huben.

I would like to replace it with a digital one ?!

1597166244_5464417325f32d2a4d17c72.45634853.JPG

I emailed around for you and got this response. I guess Huben decided to reinvent the wheel.

"None of the K1's have a threaded Pressure Gauge from the factory.

It is a Keyhole slot that the gauge slides into, and a very small o-ring below the gauge."