• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Diana Outlaw

I just got a Diana Outlaw,and was wondering if there was a break in period on the barrel? The gun is a 22 cal and will be used mostly for hunting.I cleaned the barrel almost spotless before I began shooting it. I've tried JSB 16 gr. pellets and it shoots them all over the target. Strange enough it shoots Crosman CP 14.3 gr HP pellets the best so far! It groups really well at 25 yds,but seems to have a lot of flyers at 40 yds? The Velocity is regulated and it shoots at 943 fps. with the 14.3 gr. pellets!

rsk, as ChuckHunter said it is luck of the draw on these barrels. Do yourself a favor remove the barrel, use a flashlight to inspect the rifling on the muzzle end of the barrel. SPA is notorious for butchering these. While you are at it check the crown and lead too.
1579009814_10403983615e1dc7162c8935.32833011_DSC_0090.JPG

Besides potential barrel issues these are really nice guns for the money.

When I had my .22 it was the same way. I did what Hoople suggested and polished the barrel, crown and lead. It did have some wild fps swings so I rebuilt my reg and polished the washers. It turned out great and was shooting the 16 gr JSB very accurately at 915 fps for 55 shots. Really liked that gun and only sold it to try something else. They take a little time and effort to make shine but are really nice guns when done.