• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Diana Guns

I took delivery of a D54 5.5mm red laminate a coupla weeks ago. Still working on pushing the first half tin of JSB 18’s through her. Still getting double digit SD’s and ES of like 40-something. Before I took my first shot, I ran ballistol, then dry patches through the bore until they came out lightly scuffed. It didn’t seem like the patches were gonna get any cleaner, so I started firing. AoA provided a chronograph printout with 5 shots that had retarded numbers with p0lyMags. I’m exagerrating, but it was like 545, 1099, 666, etc. My guess is there was some combustion going on. I’m getting a little over 21 FPE with the JSB 18.x. I don’t have experience with “0ldeR” D54’s to compare, this is my first. I might post a report with photos after spending some more time with her. The slight twang plus loud slam is making me consider a drop-in tune kit. I was wondering myself what makes this the RWS 54 “Pro” model.

I was on board to get the 2020 version of D54 in Red Laminate called a Pro Air King.

I never had seen one to this day and the ones that DID come here were in .22 and I was waiting for a .177. I already had the D54 .20 Hector Special and wanted a .177 for kicks but never got it.

Those .22s had split pistol stocks because of the Red Laminate.

Laminated wood is heavy and brittle and after the fiasco of trying to get one I was glad I didn't. The laminate wood is a structural problem in shipping and even maintaining.

I was on board to get the 2020 version of D54 in Red Laminate called a Pro Air King.

I never had seen one to this day and the ones that DID come here were in .22 and I was waiting for a .177. I already had the D54 .20 Hector Special and wanted a .177 for kicks but never got it.

Those .22s had split pistol stocks because of the Red Laminate.

Laminated wood is heavy and brittle and after the fiasco of trying to get one I was glad I didn't. The laminate wood is a structural problem in shipping and even maintaining.

I have a laminated stock on a bolt action firearm with no issues at all. What are the problems that are happening?

What about accuracy on the new guns as compared to the old guns?

Mark

This is supposed to be the same with the beech old versions or new versions available today if they actually are.

The laminated series of the Air King D54 Pro in RED Laminate displayed at the show as the newly introduced D54 had missteps along the way to fulfilling the ability for everyone wanting one put in an order or waited with money in the bank to do so.

I ordered the .177 and most others ordered the .22. There were more setback with the virus and these rifles never really got off the ground until Diana decided which caliber to drill them first in: Diana chose the .22 instead of my order the .177 and I waited a year with still no result to see a real Diana Red Laminate Pro Air King in .177.

The first shipment to US arrived in .22 caliber finally; but they ALL BROKE across the laminate pistol grip from shipping and temperature drop to make them "crystalized" heavy glue stocks breaking like glass in the transportation system.

So,

Get the Old one instead and avoid the trouble with fiberglass that is heavier and more brittle than beech in a climate zone.

I'd mention the witnesses to this event of the Red Laminate .22 and if anyone has witnessed more that improved the situation to send these out to us let me know,

John

I am looking for a Diana/RWS 54 and saw that they are producing them again (just not available). Has anyone had experience with the new 54 compared to the older ones?

Mark
I had one of the older ones. It was a constant hassle and I spent a lot of time adjusting this and that. Fore stock screws torqued just right, rear stock screw filed off, spacers, bushing, orings, etc, etc and it would shoot well for awhile and then it would start all over. I seen a post on this forum where a member has purchased a new and better one and is having the very same problems with it, so it has not changed. It is the very same rifle with the very same problems.

Had a 460 and around every 4 tins or 2000 shots the cocking arm pin would break.

Had a 350 classic wood stocked Magnum. It shot itself to pieces. First the rear sight fell off, then the safety that is made of some kind of pot metal broke and went flying somewhere in the grass. Then one of the front fore end screw bosses broke off from the rifle.

Bought a 350 Panther, same as the classic only has an synthetic stock. Almost got seriously hurt with this one, main rear stock screw so short only two threads into the screw boss, while cocking it let loose and almost smacked me in the head. Got a new screw that was longer installed it . However it would still vibrate loose in 25 shots. Got to making a screech noise during cocking, found the cocking arm inside rubbing and cutting off long slivers of metal. Found the piston seal cut with large chunk stuck in front of piston chamber. No care was taken during assembly and they cut the seal during installation on the very sharp piston chamber cut outs.

No longer own a single Diana product, and never will again, new, used, reproduced or otherwise.

Such has been my experience with Diana/RWS over the years.

Cheers
Kit