Diana New Diana Chaser .22 Day!

Just got my Diana Chaser Kit from Midway - $129.99.

First things first:

1. Made sure everything was included in the kit. Gun seems very well built for an inexpensive gun.
2. Cleaned both pistol and rifle barrels. Each took about 10 patches with Balistol.
3. Assembled the gun in rifle form following vids on youtube. I don't think I'll ever use it in pistol form.

Second things second:

4. Loaded a co2 cartridge and went outside. 55F outside, so no chrony data at this time.
5. Quietest pellet gun I ever shot. Trigger is fine - light with clean break. I like the single shot tray. Also bought 2 mags from PA.
6. The rear sight on the rifle barrel is plastic and flimsy. Windage adjustment is barely functional. The front blade is tilted about 10 degrees to the left. Annoying. Too bad because I like open sights.
7. Removed rear sight by tapping it forward with a block of wood.
8. Removed moderator and front blade by putting them in boiling water for 5 min. Came right off. Lots of red locktite on threads. Screwed moderator back on.
9. Installed Hawke red dot scope. Rifle easily drills tin can at 60 feet. Will sight in seriously when warm weather shows up.

Next step:

10. Work on increasing power to 650 fps.

Aside from the cheap plastic sights, this thing is impressive! So much fun to shoot.
Can't wait for warm weather and increased power.

IMG_2034.JPG

Last edited:
will what took you so long
now power from say 500fps to 650fps in .22 cal will be interesting, we could never do that with a Hammerli 850 no less with a gun with a much small valve

and the trigger can made much better, take the grip off and you will find a second trigger adjustment screw but it way too short to do anything
2010-08-18 14.55.01.jpg
SAM_0628.JPG
SAM_0714.JPG

I put a cheek rest on mine. Works great. I bought it from ATI - SKS Fiber Force Cheek Rest for about 10 bucks. I then put a piece of pipe insulation on top of the rest and strapped it down with velcro straps. It makes a nice cushion. Then I strapped another piece of insulation on the stock butt to make it a little longer. A friend of mine polished the inner parts, drilled the valve to open it up a little and adjusted the trigger to make a tad lighter. He, also, polished the barrel which had a couple of burrs. Be sure to check yours. Chaser barrels are famous for poor quality control. But at the price, you get a great little gun. Mine is in .22 caliber. It shoots a JSB 13.4 gr pellet at 625fps ( 13 fls ). I get about 35 good shots per c02 capsule. It is a very accurate little gun. Mine wears a Hawke 4x32 AO scope. Look out rats and pest birds from late April thru October. After dark I use a red lens flashlight. I use the rail where you would attach a bi-pod. Have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJS
I put a cheek rest on mine. Works great. I bought it from ATI - SKS Fiber Force Cheek Rest for about 10 bucks. I then put a piece of pipe insulation on top of the rest and strapped it down with velcro straps. It makes a nice cushion. Then I strapped another piece of insulation on the stock butt to make it a little longer. A friend of mine polished the inner parts, drilled the valve to open it up a little and adjusted the trigger to make a tad lighter. He, also, polished the barrel which had a couple of burrs. Be sure to check yours. Chaser barrels are famous for poor quality control. But at the price, you get a great little gun. Mine is in .22 caliber. It shoots a JSB 13.4 gr pellet at 625fps ( 13 fls ). I get about 35 good shots per c02 capsule. It is a very accurate little gun. Mine wears a Hawke 4x32 AO scope. Look out rats and pest birds from late April thru October. After dark I use a red lens flashlight. I use the rail where you would attach a bi-pod. Have fun.
That's great. Would you mind sharing the mods you did to get that power? Thanks!

Buck Rail has a grip frame so a thought what would it look like with different grips i had many here so i bought several grip frame and did a fashion show
even took a Phantom 1911 adapter for the AR 16 grip mount
all the grips needed their own length screws
the one Steve Corcoran FX grip needed the Buck Rail frame to be thinned so just scaped it down
this one has a

ARG AR15 TACTICAL / TARGET GRIP​

the next one has a Herrett 1911 grip on it

my thinking is the Chase, Airbug and or Bandit could be use as the base for custom pistols as the 2240 has been for so many year
the one with the aluminum grip is very little

SAM_0491.JPG

SAM_0558.JPG

Reactions: Nattboy
stronger hammer spring would help but the cocking effort will go up
a little valve spring also just like a Crosman 2240
more valve volume, some have cut some of the threads off the front half of the valve body to increase that
but be aware you screw up the valve good luck finding one
parts for the CP2-Chaser are not easy to find and if found the part prices are absurd
it is almost cheaper to buy complete guns and sell what you don't want to get the parts you need
i for one am looking for parts all the time and have found a few but as time has went on you would have thought that all the parts would be easy to fine but it has not happened and i think it is worse at this point in time
so don't screw up your power plant

Reactions: MJS