• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New design NSA .30 slug accuracy?

Nielsen changed the base design of their .30 slugs this summer around the time of their move. I have confirmed this on at least the 47.2, 49.5 and 54.5 gr. Pics here: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/nsa-design-change/

Old design has a bump in the center and has thicker base edges. New design the bump is gone, and base edges are thinner. I see a lot of deformities in the new base edges.

Has anyone had good luck with the new base design? So far myself and the OP in that other thread (both shooting Impacts), accuracy went from good to poor with the change. Although speeds for me are similar between the two designs, I went from about 1MOA to 2.5-3MOA, and had same results at different speeds and reg pressures. I want to hear how this change is working out for others who were already shooting the old design with success.

Since my last post in my thread I started I did a good clean I mean good clean on my liner and I gained accuracy back still shooting slower but the potential is there for sure. The patch worm does amazing but after inspection I could still see lead buildup in the twists.

Try giving the bore a little dab of Hi-Slip every now and then on a patch or pellet skirt. It's molybdenum disulfide in silicone grease. The moly will coat your barrel and prevent leading. Can also increase velocity a little by reducing friction.