• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Daystate Red Wolf

I have a hunting 5 Steyr in ,22 for silhouette shooting, but it is way too powerful for our HFT rules, on the other hand a Daystate Pulsar was just traded in for the new wolverine R because the bullpup style just does not fit me and I could not wrap my head around three different power levels, now that was an expensive learning curve!

"bzizzi373"Can’t imagine the Red Wolf being any better than my Crown .25, after owning two AW MCT’s and returning both to AoA for repairs one went back 2X. I’m forever no longer interested in a gun that only one repair center in the USA can service.
amen to that,,,,for me electronics in air rifles will never fly,,,,old school perhaps.

"Centercut"That's odd, the .303 at 70 fpe? That's very low for a .30 cal air rifle. My .30 FX Bobcat easily shoots 80 fpe, and I'm sure the new EDgun R5 goes higher than that....
Not sure how accurate those numbers are at the moment. May yet be more aimed giving shot count info rather than stating absolute power.

I do remember the airwolf was a pretty limited on absolute power output due to how hard the solenoid could hit the valve at that stage of the technology. The redwolf is a good bit better/more advanced but maybe a similar limitation applies?

Thanks, and agree. In my experience with Daystate, they tend to "choke" the flow of air from the tube/cylinder to the HP side of the Slingshot Valve. Not sure exactly why their Engineers do this, probably because they are more familiar with the 12 fpe market than the American market. In my Renegade, the port that goes from the pressure tube through the valve house to the valve is truly "pencil lead" diameter... I've been tempted to drill it out so the gun can "breath" better but I still have two years left on the warranty. ;(

well with a .30 shooting at 70fpe it would be a loopy trajectory, more so than an 80.

for .25 shooting kings at 45 is fine but if you want to shoot the king heavies 33.9gr I found they like the high 800s just as much as low 800s. I have my Royale shooting at about 58fpe for the heavies and helps keeping the shot flight flatter and of course hit harder.