New Daystate DELTA WOLF is HERE!

I’m pretty sure I’ll get to shoot this on March 25/26 when I tour the Daystate factory and shoot their Airguns at the range. I guess winning this trip and my choice of any Airgun Daystate makes - with an FX Bobcat - has turned me into a Daystate *****? Ha! Laughable. ;)

All joking aside, I’m looking forward to shooting this revolutionary air rifle and taking a .22 caliber HP version home with me... Then I’ll be the owner of a single Daystate rifle to join my 4 FX, 3 EDGun, 2 Vulcan, and 1 Cricket...

Nahhh, more of an AoA *****. ;)

But when some people’s comments on products mirror the language in a press release, and they also have access to products or promotional material in advance it certainly makes one wonder if it is sponsored content instead of true opinions.

I’m pretty sure I’ll get to shoot this on March 25/26 when I tour the Daystate factory and shoot their Airguns at the range. I guess winning this trip and my choice of any Airgun Daystate makes - with an FX Bobcat - has turned me into a Daystate *****? Ha! Laughable. ;)

All joking aside, I’m looking forward to shooting this revolutionary air rifle and taking a .22 caliber HP version home with me... Then I’ll be the owner of a single Daystate rifle to join my 4 FX, 3 EDGun, 2 Vulcan, and 1 Cricket...

Nice selection, no you claiming that the impact was a copy of the ar-15 and that you also said the Crown was a copy of the Red Wolf (which actually came out AFTER) was laughable. But we're over that arent we?

You earned that gun you're getting and the trip, enjoy!

I think daystate knows they can't compete with fx numbers wise so they decided to up the price to increase profit. With a price so high the market will be relatively small. 

@franklink that may be true but there is a point of diminishing return.

I’m not sure. Their products have always carried a premium so the price makes sense if you look at their lineup. Red wolf is just under 3k, and on paper the Delta Wolf looks to become the new flagship so it needs to cost more than the Red Wolf.

What they are doing (IMO) is finally shifting away from their trademark style to appeal to a broader audience. It’s clear that many buyers are into that AR-style tactical aesthetic and a third of Daystate sales are in the USA so it makes sense to appeal to that market.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Holy crap! If that price chart from the Daystate owners forum is correct, the price that had been floated around will actually only be a starting point and will be closer to $4k after tax. I sure hope it comes with all the fancy addons at that price, since some of the new pics don’t have them. 

Sure it will be nice, but dang, they are going to a new level in the tactical PCP world. I don’t see them taking over the market at that price level. 

At least now I know that I can move on and watch for some other offerings. Disappointing, because I was looking forward to it. 

Here is the British take, LOL From Daystate site.

I have dabbled with tactical looking air rifles is the impact and hated it more faults than I can list.
Now this appears I like the look of it in some ways and others I do not. I’m surprised that they have a Huma reg on it and not the tried and tested electronic one in that works extremely well. I’m interested in the change ability from .177 to .22 and onwards. The ability to change pellet type at a touch of the screen perks my interest.As to the Chang ability of the buts and grip look worth exploring. It is obvious that the rifle is aimed at the US after all Americans are gun nuts to the extreme. I would like to know if you can switch from FAC to none Fac at the touch of the screen if you can it would be a bonus. One of the things that really interests me would be the ability to swop out barrels on the fly this would save me having to buy two rifles as I love .22 and .177. I notice that there is no .20 option which is a shame. I would have thought that DS would have offered different colour options at the get go may be later. Will I have one yep I’ve ordered one but not in FAC as I’ve just gotten a Safari second hand and love it. Time to do lots and lots of overtime I am afraid. Part of me wishes I had not bout either my red red wolf or the midnight oh well never mind. I like the sound of the larger shroud and will look into a fully suppressed one. I am surprised that they have not brought out a LE or SE it must be a first for Daystate lol. Does any one have any info as to when they will hit the RFDs.

Daystate’s electronic’s haven’t really changed for 20 years. This really is a big step up in exploiting the electronic platform. It’s what a lot of people (me included) have been asking for. To Daystate’s credit despite a long tradition of conservative wooden stocked rifles they have come up with exactly what the punters where asking for. I don’t think anyone could argue this will be the most advanced airgun in the world. So I think the price really only reflects that. 

Now I like to consider myself as unbiased. I own an Impact and a RedWolf and love them both. But it is the fact I have both that makes me excited about the Delta Wolf. 
Is there anyone on this forum who owns both an Impact and RedWolf who isn’t excited about this gun??

Info from Daystate Owners Site

1583538170_19206913705e62dffa22fb60.89193058.png

11. A Bluetooth module allows the DeltaWolf to connect in the future to other accessories and apps

So will it be user tunable via one's smartphone? And what do they mean "to connect in the future"? I think it will be cool if they have an app set up for it upon the release. I wonder if the new touch screen is enough to satisfy users without relying on a smartphone. Following. 

For those with a good degree of patience, if you wait a year or so (who wants to do that?) just like the Wolverine R did, the price should come down. How much remains to be seen. The gun may have to be upstaged before there is a significant change though.

EG: The Wolverine R started at about $2100 and is now $1700. Still high, but that is how Daystate plays.

If the price chases away sales, it will have to move after the initial surge.

Latest from Daystate Owners Site

1. New Advanced Velocity Technology (AVT) with display touch screen 
2. Multi calibre with fast-change barrel system 
3. Factory-set power profiles for each calibre 
4. Shooter tuning customisation 
5. Exclusive OEM Huma-Air regulated 
6. New large capacity magazine 
7. A.R.T-approved barrel 
8. Bluetooth connectivity 
9. Superior Silencing 
10. Modular ‘Tactical’ format 
11. Future proofed – upgradable as features develop

Delta Wolf is the first Daystate to adopt an advanced tactical form factor that has proven popular with shooters across multiple disciplines - but make no mistake; Delta Wolf is the worlds most advanced airgun and represents two years of development and investments that, courtesy of newly-filed patents, will make it a very hard act to follow, let alone actually beat!

Full Features: 1. The Delta Wolf features new Advanced Velocity Technology (AVT) electronic management system that makes the Delta Wolf the most advanced Airgun in the world. 

2. Available in all popular calibres, .177, .22, in 43cm barrel and .177, .22, .25 & .30 in 60cm barrel with the ability for the shooter to switch barrel/calibres without special tools 

3. Electronically pre-programmed for quick power and calibre changes 

4. With its unique built -in chronoscope, the Delta Wolf corrects velocity while also allowing the shooter to dial in their preferred feet per second 

5. Adjustable 22mm picatinny scope rail and cheek-piece for different scope type/eye relief 

6. Picatinny under and side rails for a range of accessories 

7. AR style switchable pistol grip, familiar AR style safety 

8. A newly developed magazine system with a larger capacity from 8 – 13 shots (according to calibre) with the ability to pair magazines in the breech - to double shot count to 16-26 shots 

9. The Delta Wolf action is user-tuneable for different velocity and power levels with different ammunition types 

10. The Delta Wolf’s 430 and 600mm A.R.T-developed barrels are compatible with the latest generation of airgun ‘slug’ ammunition 

11. A Bluetooth module allows the DeltaWolf to connect in the future to other accessories and apps

12. Superior ergonomics with fast-switching side lever action – conversion from left to right in around a minute 

13. Adjustable but pad with optional exclusive PRS accessories to add an expanding range of custom accessories 

14. With is larger 30mm diameter carbon fibre shroud the DeltaWolf is a rifle to be seen but not heard. Its new shroud and optional 0db silencer justwipe out decibels 

15. Removable bottle – carry extra lightweight carbon fibre bottles with you while also being able to fill through a connector on the rifle 

16. New fast flow valve system 

17. Exclusive Factory-fit Huma Air Regulator 

18. Huge biggest in class (34cc) plenum chamber for more power 

19. Onboard high capacity Li-Po battery with charging port on rifle (charges via USB C connector) 

20. Weight (approx.) 3.1 kg (6.84 lbs) 60cm barrel model 21. Length 840mm (34”) 60cm barrel model 22. Electronic match trigger and multi adjustable blade positions

Despite being the most technologically advanced airgun of all time, Delta Wolf has been designed and built to be simpler to use, easier to tune and faster to service. Combined with its many ground breaking new features, engineered-in reliability and shooting flexibility, 2020 is not just the year of the Delta Wolf… it’s the start of its decade!

Pricing starts at £2450
Availability Spring 2020

Simon from Daystate will soon host a live one hour Q&A episode for FNL channel followers explaining everything about what the NEW electronics do, how they work, how to program, new valving and regulator management, and how it will radically improve your shooting experience, and of course footage of rifle in use.

Was anticipating this as soon as I heard about it. Now for what I want I get almost 2 Impacts. A bit more than a Safari without the expensive stock OK. Or the Safari with a Redwolf stock and the off grid board "electronics" would be in the $3000 range with on board programing. Now I know it's not a bullpup but I have enough left for a pretty good scope. Anyone else think this is gouging, FX PP an extra $200? 

Nahhh, more of an AoA *****. ;)

Very cool. I resemble that remark. Thanks. ;)

Anyone that considers you a ***** for anything other than yourself is off of his nut.

You put in serious work, share darn near everything you do, and have earned the right to do a little horn tooting.

You sir, carry on doing what you do, and inspiring the rest of us common joes that we too can succeed if we apply ourselves.

Reactions: Centercut
Centercut's evaluations are very useful for me. 

I was waiting on this Air Arms rifle before I pulled the trigger on another buy. While it seems to be a very nice rig, the lack of semi-auto and the projected $3,000+ price tag will have help me remain satisfied with my Steyr. Yes, I paid about $1,800 for it and another nearly $900 on a custom, Gary Cane stock, but I'm not doing that again.

The Leishy 2 in .25 has caught my eye at the moment, but it too may be more than I want to spend again. 

Kudos to those who like it enough to own.

By the way, I WAS NOT yanking Glem or Maineiacs chain for taking the piss out of C'cut, I understand it was an inside joke.

Anyone else who thinks he is a ***** better have some serious cred to make that statement.

Carry on gentlemen.

Oh come on! Enough of this charade! We all know that Centercut is really Tony Belas in a mask.