New Crown Continuum Arrived!

I have been shooting a Crown with a 12.5" barrel since last year, very easy to shorten the barrel from the breech end and then reduce the shroud, no difference in accuraccy, although the gun is less efficient of course.

What interests me more about this model is the pic rail on the action and the ability to remove the barrel but leave the scope attached, thus enabling a very short case to be used to transport the gun to the range.

2- questions 1- are the large bushings delrin/plastic or aluminum? 2- why so many o-rings between threaded brass piece and fixed shroud base? I guess a third, is shroud thicker or are they relying on larger dia. of shroud for support? I guess with that short of barrel not much flex anyway plus sure saves weight!

I was speaking to spraymark a while ago about a modification to the impact barrel liner system that would allow any length liner without the need to change anything else. My idea was almost identical to this, the only difference I was going to use a delrin tapered bush over the liner rather than the stack of o rings to grip and hold the liner in position.

I was also going to fit delrin baffle on the liner to support the outer shroud or should I say the shroud supports the liner.

this set up where the liner protrudes through the lock nut not only takes compression loads off the liner but makes it miles easier to index the barrel.

Bb 

Man is this 700mm barrel something else. wound up doing a double port mod on my new Crown's pellet probe, and elongated the brass TP. I threw in the Crown hammer kit that I modified, and with .217 30gr slugs out of my new 700mm slug liner, I clocked them at 970fps at 180 bar.

As for the bad news.. I'm pretty sure my shorty barrel is already toast! I cleaned the barrel out using Ballistol, a good rod, and some patches. I wanted to run some pellets over my chronograph last night out of the shorty first and foremost. The first shot was fine, the second one was a little slow - checked my air pressure, which was fine.. figured I'd give the reg a little longer for the next shot, and the third sounded like my valve wasn't opening. I knew something was wrong - checked the pressure, it was fine. I took the barrel off knowing that the pellet (RD monster) was still in the bore. Sure enough, it was in there a little skewed. I wound up using a wooden dowel to push it back out through the breech side.

Longer version short, I separated the brass TP piece from the stainless piece, and I found a compacted lead ring sitting in the stainless part on the breech side. I don't exactly know what happened, the only thing that I can think of was the liner moved forward slightly when I did the initial barrel cleaning. 

This morning, I tried to push a 15gr JSB through and it was really right about 7/8" in. I contacted FX, they patched me through directly to Ernest who arranged for me to send the barrel in. Turnaround should be 1-2 weeks once they receive it, so I guess I'll have to wait before I can test the short barrel!

This morning, I tried to push a 15gr JSB through and it was really right about 7/8" in. I contacted FX, they patched me through directly to Ernest who arranged for me to send the barrel in. Turnaround should be 1-2 weeks once they receive it, so I guess I'll have to wait before I can test the short barrel!

Bummer, hope you get it sorted, annoying on a old gun, worse on a new one.

bb

Shot my .30 Crown tonight at 25 to zero the scope, nothing is as consistent as this at 25 speed 860 FPS, even a guy who had never shot a .30 before got a similar group.

Off to the range soon to shoot it at 100 VS the IMPACT with 30FPE more.

I may just have to buy a .30 cal Redwolf SAFARI!

1561066602_12061481675d0bfc6a97beb1.58515712_IMG_1313.jpg

Anyone know if this short barrel will be for sale separately? Currently have a 500mm, 600mm barrels and 600 slug liner for my crown but this short one does look enticing also! Curious to see some groups from it

I have a source that is sending me a new one overnight, they only have the one though. I'm sending this one to FX tomorrow, but I'll have two of the barrels when I get the one back and will likely part with it. Probably looking at 3-4 weeks in all :/