New Crown 22 ready for accuracy testing!

Patrick,

I have the Competition Electronics ProChrono and Digital Link add-on. This is what allows me to generate the charts.... actually it does that all in it's own, I just have to save them to my phone and/or print them out.

Tomi,

After that range session I was able to tune the rifle to where it gave me the same performance but quieter. I would say it's where it should be for sound output now, not loud anymore.

But I have a Sumo on it now and it is ultra quiet....just ask BDX!!! 

:)

Sorry it took so long....been busy over the Thanksgiving weekend.

The Crown is highly tuneable as many alreasy know and as I have been finding out since the day I got it.

I was working on a new tune last night, as Matt Dubber said in one of his videos that he is shooting the 18gr JSB pellet accurately at 900fps. So I found this combination of settings that got me a bit over 900 while sounding nice and quiet.

Super impressed with this rifle and regulator performance!!

1543334618_15238876325bfd6ada721049.72069007_Screenshot_20181126-230505.png

Just ordered 400 NSA 19gr slugs and waiting on the Slug liner. Roelf from Air Hunters recommended this weight for the 500mm barrel at 925 - 950fps.

With the wide power range of this gun, it should be easy to get that velocity.

Patrick,

I have the Competition Electronics ProChrono and Digital Link add-on. This is what allows me to generate the charts.... actually it does that all in it's own, I just have to save them to my phone and/or print them out.

Tomi,

After that range session I was able to tune the rifle to where it gave me the same performance but quieter. I would say it's where it should be for sound output now, not loud anymore.

But I have a Sumo on it now and it is ultra quiet....just ask BDX!!! 

Good to know Bob! Thanks for the response

I also own a crown and have a question: When you tune, do you check the max velocity for the reg pressure, like when tuning at the "knee"? In your graph where you have 913fps, and the wheel on 3, I would guess setting it on 4, or 5 will reach the maximum speed for that reg pressure? Or do you stay way lower than max speed, where you might not reach it at all at max power wheel setting?

Yes, increase hammer spring tension to the point where there's at least a plateau if not a drop-off....then back it off to just before the plateau.

Reason its on 3 is because I didn't tweak the adjuster to reset the power wheel after that so it falls on Max.

I've thought of making a video, if not then just a thread, on the power wheel adjustment. Seems there's quite a bit of confusion out there regarding the numbers and/or letters. 

It's not really important what position your wheel ends up being in for max velocity, rather what's important is that you have adequate pre-tension to be able to use the wheel to find max velocity properly.

If you don't have sufficient pre-tension, and don't know the correct procedure to find max velocity, you might end up on Max power wheel setting but be well low of the plateau.

In that case, the only way to get more tension would be to lengthen the internal adjustment screw. What that would do is shift your Max position down to say 2 or 3, giving you room to use the wheel for more adjustment.

If you then wanted to have your wheel read Max, you would need to decrease the length of the internal adjustment screw to match the profile of the cam with the wheel in the Max position.

When I say "you", I don't mean any person in particular.

I hope this helps.

I know what you mean regarding the position on the hammer wheel, and I have also adjusted the hex screw, so "max" may end up in lower settings. "max" on the wheel is just relative to what the hex screw is adjusted at. I find it easier to have enough tension on the wheel on lower settings than have to take the stock off and adjust the hex screw on the hammer spring when I adjust the reg. As long as I mostly plan to shoot with one velocity and pellet which is most accurate, I see it just beneficial of using the wheel than the hex screw. It is nice to have enough tension so one can at least check what max velocity is. If "5", and "max" gives the same velocity I see no reason to change it. 

Sorry it took so long....been busy over the Thanksgiving weekend.

The Crown is highly tuneable as many alreasy know and as I have been finding out since the day I got it.

I was working on a new tune last night, as Matt Dubber said in one of his videos that he is shooting the 18gr JSB pellet accurately at 900fps. So I found this combination of settings that got me a bit over 900 while sounding nice and quiet.

Super impressed with this rifle and regulator performance!!

1543334618_15238876325bfd6ada721049.72069007_Screenshot_20181126-230505.png

Just ordered 400 NSA 19gr slugs and waiting on the Slug liner. Roelf from Air Hunters recommended this weight for the 500mm barrel at 925 - 950fps.

With the wide power range of this gun, it should be easy to get that velocity.

No prob, I know it’s not easy every time.

uh that sound pretty good!

hope we got an accuracy Update from u! 😜

I know what you mean regarding the position on the hammer wheel, and I have also adjusted the hex screw, so "max" may end up in lower settings. "max" on the wheel is just relative to what the hex screw is adjusted at. 

Yep....you already understand. :)

Patrick,

We have winter weather again and I am at the start of my work week so no possibility of 100 yd testing anytime soon.

I am going to shoot 50ft indoor after work today, first time with the Crown....should be interesting. 

I know what you mean regarding the position on the hammer wheel, and I have also adjusted the hex screw, so "max" may end up in lower settings. "max" on the wheel is just relative to what the hex screw is adjusted at. 

Yep....you already understand. :)

Patrick,

We have winter weather again and I am at the start of my work week so no possibility of 100 yd testing anytime soon.

I am going to shoot 50ft indoor after work today, first time with the Crown....should be interesting.

Ooh Same like here, Ive just got a resizing Tool, but now I have to wait till weather gets better for accuracy testing.

But can u tell me why u choose the crown instead of the impact? Cause for me it's a Hard decision what I should buy. 😕

The Crown to me feels like the best of both the Wildcat and Streamline, but with a bottle attached.

The thumbhole stock of the Crown makes it feel like the Wildcat in your trigger hand, yet overall it has a rifle feel to it.

I love the high shot count the bottle gives, but I don't care for the shorter forestock....gripping the bottle is not the same as the stock. Also the rearward bipod mounting location isn't ideal.

Though I knew and accepted those things going into it.

I considered trying it "box stock" but when I saw how much slop was in the adjuster, I just had to remove it. Ernest Rowe maybe, or others have said the first thing that should be done is to remove the slack so that's what I did.

Here's a pic I took before adjusting it....it shows how much slack was in there....A LOT!

1543028868_3478589065bf8c084a9a120.79017029_IMG_20181123_173159865.jpg

I just got my fx crown synth as well. My first PCP. What is this picture and where do I go to clean this? I searched for youtube videos by people mentioned but none found.

TIA

That's just lube....it can stay there. Thats the internal adjuster for the Power Wheel (hammer spring tension knob), top left rear of the rifle.....with MAX, MIN, numbers and letters.

You don't need to adjust the internal part unless you want to tune for higher power/more velocity over factory. I'll link a video for you.

https://youtu.be/OC4ZGtGPKCc