Crosman New Crosman 3622

My new Crosman 3622 came in today. Installed a steel breech kit I had squirreled away for a rainy day. Rifle looks excellent. Bluing is deep and shiny. Barrel is spotless and the crown looks great. Rifling is sharp and neat. I ran a patch which came out nearly clean. The 3622 weighs 3.8 pounds bare on my scale. I cannot over emphasize how sleek and tiny this rifle is. Compared to a Benjamin pump 392, the Benji is huge, hulking, heavy. The stock feels great and is made in two pieces. The forward section replaces the pump arm on the 362 and attaches via the two plastic barrel bands. The length of pull is adult, small to medium adult ;), and is about .5 inches shorter than a Marauder.

Here is my almost not a Marauder .25 Super Light (5.3 pounds bare) compared to the new 3622:

I was able to get a BSA 2-7X33 compact scope intended for the Ruger 1022 mounted up and get a few shots in. Velocity was right on the stated 700 fps for 24+ shots. I sighted in at 15 yards due to the cold and wind and the rifle made a tight, slightly ragged hole using the CPHP pellets. Noise, I would say it is relatively quite, moderate report. Slightly sharp pop. The Marauder is noticeably quieter, but I am running an added DFLS on the carbine length short shroud.

I am going to give this 3622 a full 10 stars. The only let down is the trigger, so maybe 9 for 10. The trigger is not really bad and I am sure I can work it a bit. A little heavy but predictable. What I do not like is that the trigger is plastic. The trigger is the most important tactile contact point and I would wish it to be metal, like the Marauder and like the GTA trigger I installed to replace the plastic trigger on my Urban.

I was really excited to see this when they first announced it some time ago...but no fill gauge? I understand they had to keep cost down, totally get it. but...a...fill gauge...I feel like maybe that should have been in the budget. no I mean im sure its a great gun, I love my 362 and odds are this is better in many ways than that gun, but cmon man! im only salty because the gauges on both my hand pump and compressor are broke so I would need to either replace the gauge or get a new pump to own one of these. please keep us updated on your experience with it.

Reactions: nobody1
I was really excited to see this when they first announced it some time ago...but no fill gauge? I understand they had to keep cost down, totally get it. but...a...fill gauge...I feel like maybe that should have been in the budget. no I mean im sure its a great gun, I love my 362 and odds are this is better in many ways than that gun, but cmon man! im only salty because the gauges on both my hand pump and compressor are broke so I would need to either replace the gauge or get a new pump to own one of these. please keep us updated on your experience with it.

There really is no place to put a fill gauge and any tank or pump will have one. A fill gauge would add weight, several more O-rings and use up valuable reservoir volume of which there is very little. If you need a full feature rifle you will need to look elsewhere. The 3622 is stripped of everything to achieve it's super light 3.8 pounds and diminutive size. I did not appreciate how small this rifle is until I got it in my hands. The barrel is 7/16 inch, the air tube is 3/4 inch. It is tiny. Repair the gauges on your other equipment.

The Marauder sitting above, it has no fill gauge. It is Houma regulated. The existing gauge provides plenum pressure and tells me when the rifle is coming off reg and helps to set the reg pressure. I fill it to 3,000 psi using the very accurate gauges on my fill bottles. Sure, I could have penetrated the aluminum tube and added a gauge that would compromise tube strength and use up precious volume. It is not unheard of or unusual to not have a reservoir pressure gauge. I guess I do not see the big deal. Fill the 3622, shoot it until it drops off the curve in 24 shots or so, you will know when it does, and then refill using the gauge on the bottle/pump.

Agree….i don’t know maybe I need more flexibility / forgiveness in my life but I wouldn’t consider it for a second on that principle alone. I just like having two gauges when I’m filling for safety to know I’m in the ballpark. I can’t think of a good analogy, only thing I come up with is a bathroom with no TP 🧻. Be pretty bad. Lol

Reactions: cavedweller
Got shipping confirmation for mine this morning!

@3Crows,

I'm glad you put that particular scope on there. I was planning on putting my 2-7x32 sweet 22 on mine, and it looks like it will be perfect!

I have a marauder trigger and one of Rob's multi shot breeches for mine. Going to either order an Mrod barrel and cut it back so I can keep the shroud just shy of the air tube end, or drop in a Kral barrel I have here.

Also going in this stock, a Sako K98 mauser. Love the sporter stocks on these thin guns.

1000006440.jpg

The 3622 barrel will go on ANOTHER 22xx rifle I'm building out of scrap parts, and using the polymer breech I got from China that's a copy of the crosman steel breech.

Reactions: xsarfc9x
@3Crows - Would the 3622 stand up to a 12 year old's casual abuse? How durable does the rifle feel? More or less durable than the pumper version? It does look pretty cool... 😀

Edit: Nice review!👍
A supervised child should have no problem with this rifle. It is no different than the many other similar rifles Crosman has offered through the years including the new pumper 362. I have had this 140 since about 1962:

I would suggest getting the steel breech kit but then the composite breech was doing fine, just could not mount a scope and my eyes are not so good with open sights anymore. I see AGD has the rifle with a pack of pellets and the pump at $219.

I am estimating a reservoir capacity of 70cc and with the fill pressure of 2,000 psi this rifle should be easy to hand pump.

Got shipping confirmation for mine this morning!

@3Crows,

I'm glad you put that particular scope on there. I was planning on putting my 2-7x32 sweet 22 on mine, and it looks like it will be perfect!

I have a marauder trigger and one of Rob's multi shot breeches for mine. Going to either order an Mrod barrel and cut it back so I can keep the shroud just shy of the air tube end, or drop in a Kral barrel I have here.

Also going in this stock, a Sako K98 mauser. Love the sporter stocks on these thin guns.

View attachment 443929

The 3622 barrel will go on ANOTHER 22xx rifle I'm building out of scrap parts, and using the polymer breech I got from China that's a copy of the crosman steel breech.
Nice stock. I am not sure I understand a MRod barrel and shroud? How??

Agree….i don’t know maybe I need more flexibility / forgiveness in my life but I wouldn’t consider it for a second on that principle alone. I just like having two gauges when I’m filling for safety to know I’m in the ballpark. I can’t think of a good analogy, only thing I come up with is a bathroom with no TP 🧻. Be pretty bad. Lol

LOL. Do what you need to do to feel good :). My fill whip has two gauges, one large 3 inch and very accurate gauge at the tank valve with a slow fill whip and at the foster end is a button type gauge. I have two gauges, just I do not need to carry the second gauge on the rifle.

Next time I take it down I will pull the valve for some mods. Like to see how the valve is retained as I am not familiar with these "Lego" type guns at all. But from the looks of the steel air tube, a little over pressure is not going to hurt anything other than locking up the valve. The rifle is not going to get over pressured with a hand pump. A 4,500 psi SCBA tank without a slow fill restriction and a controllable valve, that would be crazy :eek:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trucker3573
Nice stock. I am not sure I understand a MRod barrel and shroud? How??
Oh, the multi shot breech has the same bore diameter as the 22 caliber Mrod barrels @ 7/16". The breech requires a barrel to have an internal o-ring to seal the bolt, as it uses an Mrod magazine as well. The shroud will have to be custom made so its the same diameter as the air tube, or a little smaller. If it's bigger around my OCD will freak out!

Can't have the larger tube above the smaller tube, that's preposterous!

LOL. Do what you need to do to feel good :). My fill whip has two gauges, one large 3 inch and very accurate gauge at the tank valve with a slow fill whip and at the foster end is a button type gauge. I have two gauges, just I do not need to carry the second gauge on the rifle.

Next time I take it down I will pull the valve for some mods. Like to see how the valve is retained as I am not familiar with these "Lego" type guns at all. But from the looks of the steel air tube, a little over pressure is not going to hurt anything other than locking up the valve. The rifle is not going to get over pressured with a hand pump. A 4,500 psi SCBA tank without a slow fill restriction and a controllable valve, that would be crazy :eek:.

I'm sure that tube will hold 3000 psi just fine. I'm sure I will be flirting with that myself. From what I've seen, the valve is secured by the bottom screw and 2 tube indents on the sides to stop it from moving rearward.

This is the breech if you are interested. He's thinking about stop making them, but with this gun coming out, he might be able to make some more. Hopefully he continues to make them. I've had several over the last couple years and they work great for lower power builds. The bolt doesn't play too well with super heavy springs. Should do quite well on the 3622 at the 15-20 fpe power level.

This is the breech if you are interested. He's thinking about stop making them, but with this gun coming out, he might be able to make some more. Hopefully he continues to make them. I've had several over the last couple years and they work great for lower power builds. The bolt doesn't play too well with super heavy springs. Should do quite well on the 3622 at the 15-20 fpe power level.

Oh, I see. I am not familair at all with the Lego guns. I did not know there was such a breech. Neat. However, I think I am staying with the steel breech and maybe just put a longer handle on the bolt. I am okay with the 16-20 fpe range the rifle is at now. I think a little cleanup and HS adjustment will get the 20 fpe or close, 18 might be about right.

I have spent way too much money building four Marauders, not going down that modding rabbit hole again, I will not, I will not, will---- :unsure:.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Oh, I see. I am not familair at all with the Lego guns. I did not know there was such a breech. Neat. However, I think I am staying with the steel breech and maybe just put a longer handle on the bolt. I am okay with the 16-20 fpe range the rifle is at now. I think a little cleanup and HS adjustment will get the 20 fpe or close, 18 might be about right.

I have spent way too much money building four Marauders, not going down that modding rabbit hole again, I will not, I will not, will---- :unsure:.
Yep, the 13xx/22xx platform will empty your wallet pretty quickly!

I'm already looking at $300 into the 3622 with the breech, trigger, and stock. That's not including a barrel and shroud.

I have got to seek help!

• Love
Reactions: 3Crows
Do not look for help from me :giggle:.

Marauder trigger? How does that work?
Get a gen 1 Mrod trigger group, and bolt it on. That's it! It might require a shim between the tube and group on this smaller tube, not sure yet. Sometimes i get away without them on the 22xx tubes.

Also have to make a trigger guard or possibly modify the stock for the gen1 guard. There is a company online that will 3D pring one shipped for under 20 bucks. I can't remember their name, but it'll come up on Google if you search for it. How I found them.

I'm personally making a trigger guard for the K98 stock that will fill in the magwell inlet of the mauser so it should look factory when done. I've got 4 of those stocks, so I may be in trouble here shortly when I find myself with 4 more crosman builds. Well, 3... one of the stocks is spoken for... my 2240/1358 beeman tube and valve rifle.

It never stops!

• Love
Reactions: 3Crows
Groups are looking good at 12 yards. A good HOSP hunting range for the 3622. Unfortunately it prefers the JSB 18s but then what does not? It shoots the CPHP okay but about every fifth shot it will toss a flyer that opens the group up a bit, the JSBs remain consistent. I am getting 30 plinking quality shots, best accuracy occurs around 1,000 to 1,600 psi. The rifle gets the advertised 24 shots and then some.