New Crosman 362 And Drifter Multi-Pump Pneumatics

New Crosman 362 And Drifter Multi-Pump Pneumatics

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/new-crosman-362-and-drifter-multi-pump-pneumatics/

https://hardairmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/HAM-Cover-3.jpg

It looks like the traditional, multi-pump airgun is making a comeback! The forthcoming Crosman 362 and Drifter models are obvious developments of the long-running 1377/1322 platform and will be welcomed by many for that.

Judging from the catalog illustrations, the new Crosman Drifter is a carbine-length version of the 1322 with longer barrel. It looks to be using the carbine stock conversion that’s long been available as an accessory for the 1322, 2240 and other Crosman/Benjamin pistols.

The Crosman 362 is a full-length rifle with much longer barrel and compression tube. So there’s going to be more new parts in this one. However the same bolt-action breech is featured in all models.

Everyone knows that this short plastic 1322 breech can be replaced with a longer steel breech with scope rails. The HAM Team is guessing that this will be a “must have” upgrade for many future 362 owners!

So the new 362 and Drifter will fit straight in to the large aftermarket of custom parts and accessories that has built-up over time for the 1377/1322 multi-pump models. Many airgunners will just love that!

Both the Crosman 362 and Drifter are listed as being in .22 caliber only. A comparison with the 1322 pistol shows how the power increased with barrel and compression tube length.

1322 – 460 FPS
Drifter – 550 FPS
362 – 800 FPS

That 800 FPS Muzzle Velocity for the Model 362 is the same as for the .22 caliber version of the synthetic-stocked Benjamin 392/397 that Velocity Outdoor first announced at the 2019 SHOT Show

So it’s possible to think that there could be some common parts in the powerplants of the 362 and 392. Externally, the triggers look very similar, for one thing…

There’s no availability dates yet for the Model 362 or Drifter. 

==

That 362 looks very interesting. Crosman needs to get rid of that OEM pump arm for the Drifter and bring back the fatty 1389 / 2289 pump grip. And, it looks like they're using alloy pellets for the velocity figures.

Coming soon, they say.

Crosman 362 177 Caliber Pellet Air Rifle

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023242259

Our Price: $89.99

Estimated In-Stock: 10/07/2021 (Not exactly what I'd call 'soon').

Midway says the velocity is 685 fps. Heck, that's Daisy 880 territory. The specifications page contradicts itself. The overview says it has a rifled barrel while the specs say it has a smooth bore barrel.

It also says the shipping weight is 1 pound. I kinda think it weighs a tad more than that.

I've pre ordered the Drifter Kit from Midwayusa, their ETA is 6/21/21, so far it's only offered in a .22 cal. version, I have a 2240 Co2 pistol Quick Shot kit which includes a shoulder stock and assorted other items, it's accuracy is impressive to say the least, it shoots way above it's price point.

As for making a come back, Crossman Co2 and pneumatic pump guns have achieved an enviable reputation over the years going all the way back to 1955, they have also amassed a cult following in the air gun community.

Crossman offer a similar model a few years back named the Backpacker, it also came with a quick detach shoulder stock and a backpack that fit the gun and a bunch of survival items, for some reason Crossman dropped it from their line up, I suspect that the Drifter is a redo of the Backpacker (with slight modification) being brought back under pressure from Crossman fans.

I've pre ordered the Drifter Kit from Midwayusa, their ETA is 6/21/21, so far it's only offered in a .22 cal. version, I have a 2240 Co2 pistol Quick Shot kit which includes a shoulder stock and assorted other items, it's accuracy is impressive to say the least, it shoots way above it's price point.

As for making a come back, Crossman Co2 and pneumatic pump guns have achieved an enviable reputation over the years going all the way back to 1955, they have also amassed a cult following in the air gun community.

Crossman offer a similar model a few years back named the Backpacker, it also came with a quick detach shoulder stock and a backpack that fit the gun and a bunch of survival items, for some reason Crossman dropped it from their line up, I suspect that the Drifter is a redo of the Backpacker (with slight modification) being brought back under pressure from Crossman fans.

You're thinking of Crosman's 'Doomsday Bugout Kit'. Which does or rather did include a .22 Backpacker along w/ some pellets and the other junk you mentioned.. The original Backpacker had a set of fatty forearms grips which are next to impossible to obtain these days. I have the old model 760 forearm on my flat topped .22 Backpacker as well as my flat topped 1377 . At least the Drifter has the 14.6 inch barrel instead of the shorty 12 inch barrel Crosman offered for the Backpacker a decade or so ago. 

The Drifter is available for shipping towards the end of June? Wow! That's a lot better than the October estimate as was claimed in the OP article.

In 3 month's or so you'll have a superlative lightweight carbine that will shoot great. I can practically guarantee that. Mine does 1 inch groups at 25 yards w/ CPHP's. I'm sure it would do better w/ the right pellet; but, why bother? The squirrel I shoot in the bran at 20-25 yards w/ it isn't going to notice the difference between a pellet that does 1 inch groups at that range and/or a pellet that does <1 inch groups..

That's w/ a trigger mod, you understand. Not the OEM trigger. I put the adjustable sear spring from alchemy airwerks in mine. Best $28 (well, actually $56 for the both of them) that I ever spent.

Cool, I love my little 1322. The main attraction of this over a springer is the reduced weight and recoil. The downside is the need to pump it several times to get serious power. A springer can be quietly cocked and loaded, whereas pumping up a 1322 is somewhat noisy. If you're hunting rabbits, they'll notice.

I wish Weihrauch sold lightweight stocks for their breakbarrels. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Crosman 362 now on sale for $94.97 at: (they're out of stock)

https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/products/crosman-362-variable-pump-22-pellet-rifle?variant=39346942771284

And on sale for $99.99 at:

https://www.ssisports.net/Products/481121

Shipping weight appears to be 6.15 pounds. I was thinking (or hoping) they would be lighter than a wood stock or synthetic stock Benji 392; but, maybe they're not.

OTOH, they're not in stock at Crosman.com yet, so who knows?

Me? ATM, I'm thinking steel breech, 18 inch LW barrel and steroid treatment from Mac! for mods.

I have to have one to compliment my excellent 1377 and 1322, I don't care about the pumping since I don't hunt, I just want a rifle that shoots better than my Crosman F4NP that I hate!

I came VERY, very, close to getting an F4NP a few years ago. My former housekeeper talked me out of getting it. Said I didn't need another springer. Glad she did. She wasn't around though when I decided to get a .22 Crosman NP2, Summit Ranger. Heh.

Yeah, I have 2 whole 9 yards modded .177 and .22 Backpackers. I love both of them. I'm getting a .22 - 362 anyway. You're right, it will complement the both of them.

I don't care about pumping either. I'm too used to it. Don't even think about it. I do hunt though. I nailed 3 female hosp's w/ the 1389 Backpacker the other day. It's a fine hosp killer.

I found this vid while searching for online reviews of the Crosman 362. No luck there (so far); but, I did find this review of the:

The Crosman Bug-Out Kit, It’s Survival With Airgun Angie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErcSUq653g

About this Video:
Zombie Apocalypse? What do you think? If you’re a prepper, watch this! If survival meant living off the land quietly and carefully, it would be better to have an air rifle than a firearm. An air rifle is much quieter but is still capable of taking game, perfect for a zombie apocalypse. In this video I take it into the woods and demonstrate a wise way to use the Crosman Bug-Out Kit. First sighting it in and then finding a meal. Survival takes practice… 

My Sponsor:
Thank you to PyramydAir for sponsoring this video and AirgunWeb. Please visit https://links.airgunweb.com/PyramydAir to thank them for their support. 

Products:
Crosman Bug Out Kit https://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/66011...

Crosman Field Hunting Premier Pointed 14.3 Grain Pellets 
https://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/66011...
--

The 'new' (Har) ... ' .22 Drifter' ... being the same air rifle as the .22 Backpacker as shown in Angie's vid, .Flat topped 22 Backpackers being my all around favorite air rifle.

My Drifter has been so heavily modded, it's not even the same gun. 24" tuned barrel, moderator and brass extended bolt probe from MAC1. A 362 Powerplant with a flat top piston and valve. A wider delrin port. Polished lead into the rifling. Stock from Buck Rail. Pump arm and grips were made in my shop. Everything is sealed, bolt to breech, breech to barrel, whole upper part sealed to the lower. Powerful and accurate. 760 fps. These are 3 shot groups at 50 feet. It was basically an experiment to see how much performance that I could squeeze out of a basic Crosman pumper.

AGC_20231109_131628593~2.jpg

IMG_20230908_155951515~2.jpg