• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Cricket Tactical 60 .25

Ok I got my new CRICKET! Love it. My only issue is I want a good set of adjustable rings. The ones I had in the drawer are fine but.... I'm torn between the FX ones or Eagle Vision. I should not have waited so long to pull the trigger on this gun. Lol no pun intended. I need to keep coming off the stock and groping for the lever on the back of the gun. Hard to change habits. My other fave is a Cricket original. Now I know there are many great guns available, and I was torn between this and a Vulcan 3. I'm pleased with my new baby. Can't wait to stretch out the range a bit.
Jim

mmmm

might want to reconsider, at least i am because i just put the FX no-limits on mine and the scope sits to high even with my fluffy cheeks 🐷 i am having to lift my face to much making it kind of uncomfortable, but i am adding a soft leather piece on the back now :cool::eek: you can see how high it sits
3471BEEA-71CA-42DE-9A08-97FCBE567441.jpeg

another option we used to do back on my old days of long range powder rifle competitions is use some shims on the lower back side of the rings

147E42A2-6338-44CA-A863-B2EE766459F6.jpeg

As Peskadot671 suggested... Try the Burris XTR Signature rings. I am using them on my Cricket 2 Tactical I bought this past summer... I like 'em alot.

After a long tedious search, I decided to try these Burris rings, and glad I did. I have been a fan of Burris rings on my centerfires in the past.

For my setup, I bought mine in the 1" height for a 30mm tube. Burris measures their rings different than most other companies... This made a nice comfortable height for the 50mm objective lens and cheek weld. The centerline of the scope to the centerline of the barrel is 2.52"

One thing I would like to point out if you decide to go this route... Be sure to "torque" the rings as recommended by Burris. I torqued mine to the scope manufacturer's requirement and well, use Burris's torque specs.

And, I love my Cricket.. Da Critters don't. :ROFLMAO:

Just my 3 5/8's cents (inflation ya know) and hope this helps ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all. I hadn't bought rings yet because I had questions about the height. I have the FX on another gun but the height is right for the scope to clear the magazine. I can find the Burris XTR tactical for 99 not that much more than the Eagle Vision. I can't swap the FX rings and try them, the other gun has dovetail not picatinny. Recarga we need some pics when your cheek rest mod is done. I had thought about a thin leather covering to dress up the plastic. Peskadot671 I'm not opposed to spending on good rings. There is a difference. ZedCee and yes I have a nice german torque driver. I have seen good scopes ruined by tightening things "Farmer tight" .
Jim

Thank you all. I hadn't bought rings yet because I had questions about the height. I have the FX on another gun but the height is right for the scope to clear the magazine. I can find the Burris XTR tactical for 99 not that much more than the Eagle Vision. I can't swap the FX rings and try them, the other gun has dovetail not picatinny. Recarga we need some pics when your cheek rest mod is done. I had thought about a thin leather covering to dress up the plastic. Peskadot671 I'm not opposed to spending on good rings. There is a difference. ZedCee and yes I have a nice german torque driver. I have seen good scopes ruined by tightening things "Farmer tight" .
Jim
hey Jim, my comment on using Burris's torque specs was meant as, my scope's manufacture's spec was 15in-lbs and Burris's spec on the rings is 20in-lbs... and what I found was with the inserts on the Burris rings needed that 5 extra in-lbs to hold the scope good... i lost "zero" after about 50 shots or so. made me think my scope wasn't tracking right with the elevation adjusting. and after a bunch of "WTF's" :ROFLMAO: all is good now. (y) anyway, just an fyi.

enjoy that cricket!