New Cayden arrived with some beautiful wood......

It arrived this morning and the wood is beautiful. Couldn't be happier with the way it looks.

c1.1639604930.jpg

c2.1639604961.jpg

After cleaning it I moved a scope and rings straight from the Marauder pic rail over to the Cayden so I could go out back and shoot it. That was a no go. The magazine for the Cayden is too tall, or the mounts are too low....depending how you look at it. It wouldn't clear the scope. So I will have to buy some taller rings/mounts for the Cayden. I did shoot two magazines through it to test function. Everything seems to be functioning just fine. The last pic here is what it looked like with the scope mounted. The sun was shining directly on the wood so it looks much lighter there......but it is actually fairly dark. Which I like.

c3.1639605645.jpg

As soon as I get new mounts and rings I'll get her sighted in and see how accurate she is.

Thanks.....TR

WOW" one of a kind" is the rifle very load? i dont see much of a surppressor on them?

Rub that unit down with some Royal London. That'll set that stock off..I've used it several times. It works....Takes time but it's worth it.

JPW

Willy......I have to say that it has quite a report with no moderator. I'm used to my Marauder which is about as quiet as shooting a spit ball through a straw. The pellet smacking the target makes more noise than the rifle. The Cayden has a bark to it. 

Wethy.......What is Royal London? I'm assuming it's some type of wood oil?

It's a beautiful rifle and it feels really good to shoulder and handle. So long as the accuracy is there, it will make an excellent hunting rifle. The stock is much slimmer than the Marauder and it's lighter as well. I have some higher scope rings on the way.......so I'll be sighting in and finding out how it is in the accuracy dept. very soon.

New Jars-Royal London Oil- Satin (airrifleheadquarters.com)

You'll be impressed with how this stuff works. I have an Akela and my neighbor has the Cayden. I finished both in it. As far as accuracy you'll be impressed. Clean the barrel and buy some Crosman hollow points 14.3 turn the power just a little over half way. That's good cheap shooting. If you go with the JSB 18s turn the power all the way up fire away. lol have fun My pics suck but you can get the idea

JPW

Akela Finish Oil 2.1639628618.jpg
Akela 5.1639628668.jpg
akela finish 1.1639628708.jpg

Lookin' good TR ! Your stock looks very similar to the stock on my Cayden....darker one side - lighter on the other, very nice. 

I experimented with a couple different moderators on my rifle, two Donnys' - Tatsu and FX, then purchased a Rocker1 on recommendation of another member. To my hearing....I seemed to notice best result with the Rocker1. I've also read many accounts of the Donny Sumo being a great mod. I definately notice more action sound than muzzle report though.

As to ammo... my personal preference is to NOT use Crosman due to the hardness of the lead. I've found in my experiences that Crosman ammo fouls differently (obviously) and makes (following) softer ammo shoot poorly. With the air adjustment dial, I'm confident shooting 18gr, 16gr and 14gr with the same point of aim - minute of chipmunk ;) accuracy.

Good luck with your new Cayden.

Nice brindle wood grain pattern. The earlier, first run stocks seem lighter in color and wood grain. I hope that you enjoy the cayden, Had mine for a year now, and glad that I bought it. Please keep me posted on your progress & experience with the cayden. Will you use it for hunting or target shooting?

TODD

Thanks Todd......I will use the Cayden for both. I have a small range set up in my yard that I get 50 yards out of. I enjoy shooting there at various targets. But...it will definitely be a hunting rifle as well. All my air rifles are used for hunting. The Cayden will be an idea hunting rifle, and be used as such a lot, so long as it is accurate. I'll find that out as soon as I can get a scope on it and get the time to sight in.