• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New BSA R-10SE - Finally Upgraded My PCP’s

Well I finally took the plunge and upgraded from an Urban to a BSA R-10SE. Added two BestFittings 280CC Buddy Bottles, a HUMA regulator, and a DonnyFL KOI to complete the upgrade. Still enjoy the Urban but it does not have the legs that the BSA has. Both are very accurate but the BSA handles much nicer and the Walnut stock is more to my liking. The accuracy and ability to shoot many different pellets equally well is what sold me on the R-10SE over others. I have put over 1500 pellets down range and find the difference in shot groups at 50 yds to be around .25 in. between Crosman Domed, JSB Exact Jumbo, or H&N FTT. Not a competition shooter so a varmint will not care if I hit him in the eye or neck, he is still dead.

1556555447_4685913465cc726b7359d32.00974271_5B88B160-143A-4F23-A1DE-13E432601BDD.jpeg

The best fittings bottles 280 cc fill to 232 bar in about 9 minutes on my Benjamin Traveler and the BSA 200 cc bottle in about 6 minutes. My HUMA is set to 140 bar and I get about 46 regulated shots out of the 200 cc bottle and 65 out of the 280 cc. With the setup I can around 176 shoots before refill or hook up one of the bottles to the Traveler while shooting and full bottle and go as long as I want. The bottles are easy to switch out.

Did a lot of research before buying and did a lot of reading on this site for info on the Rifle. The stock is finished with Linseed oil. One coat a day for a week, one coat a week for a month and then one coat a year from then on. I learned this from a 93 year old gentleman in 1984 who made Pennsylvania Long Rifles. I was in his shop and asked him how he got such a beautiful finish on his curly maple stocks. He said with a grin “Son, let me tell you a secret I learned from my Grandfather. One coat of linseed oil a day for a week, on coat a week for a month, and then one coat a year from then on. Rub it in with your hands and create friction that warms the wood and opens the pores. Don’t soak it, just put the same amount on each time, no more than a teaspoon in each hand. Rub it in for at least 15 min so you get an even coat.” I have used this advice on many walnut stock and other furniture. It has always done great.