New Brocock Sniper XR...very impressed.

My new Sniper XR arrived on Wednesday! Yesterday I was able to get a scope mounted and try her out. I did nothing but clean the bore, mount a scope, grab some pellets and start shooting. I am really kinda blown away with the rifle in general. To me it has a great stock, is light weight, compact and very accurate. Did I say very accurate? It is the most accurate pcp that I own now. I know it's been around a while and "old news" to many. But it's a different ball game for me.
I ended up taking the pic rail off and just mounted a scope and rings that I had on hand to the dove tail. I don't have any rings not already in use for the pic rail at the moment. I plan on replacing the pic rail and mounting a different scope on it later....but this will do fine for now. It got me shooting.
The trigger, as set from the factory, is a bit heavy for my preference. I will eventually make adjustments to that and lighten it up a bit. But it is still very crisp and predictable.
No chrony work or pellet testing yet either. I just grabbed a tin of JSB 18 grains and began shooting. I have a lot of them on hand because the two other rifles I shoot regularly really like them. The Brocock does too.
I am definitely a Brocock Bro now 😅 !

3.jpg

4.jpg

I shot many groups yesterday and the consistent accuracy is a blast! I am no competition bench rest shooter. But the groups I was getting is very exciting to me. I am 100% sure they can be tighter once I adjust the trigger a bit.

2.jpg

1.jpg

TR.

Just curious, but why would you put the pic rail back on? Wouldn’t that raise the scope height?
Looks nice and clean without the pic rail.

Yes it will raise the scope height. But, the pic rail will allow me to move the scope further forward. As it is, I have it as far forward as it can go and the eye relief isn't quite right for me. It's ok, but the extra room afforded by the pic rail would be better.