*NEW* Brocock Atomic XR Pistol and Compact Carbine

This does lie in between the Hw44 and the Leishy 2. Hw44 has lower fpe but is accurate, and with a regular scope and a bipod to hold onto in the front, it can be carbine-like; Leishy 2 has greater fpe semi-auto, picatinny rail etc.. Don't forget the budget Crosman Prod. Lots of options in this realm and I am sure not covering them all either. I still like the Atomic since I do like the backpacking platform. I wonder if it's still backyard friendly and when AoA will have them in stock.

After reading all the comments pro and against the Atomic XR, I have decided to forgo the purchase of it. I decided to give the Ataman AP16 another try. My reasons for not getting the Atomic are mainly because I really just want an extremely accurate pistol and not a carbine. Both the Ataman AP16 and the Weihrauch HW44 are very accurate pistols for $500 less and they have the lever action on the proper side ( the left ). I prefer the AP16 over the HW44 as it’s a far more beautiful gun, more accurate and its grips fit my large hand better. I own a Mrod and two other mid-range rifles and will be in the market for a high end carbine soon. What I’m most interested in at this time is the EDgun Leshiy 2 in .25 or .30. I’m a stickler for beauty and innovation and the Brocock Atomic XR pistol just doesn’t do it for me like the AP16 and the Leshiy2.

When I work the action on my 1911 or VP9, I do not transfer the gun from my right (shooting) hand to my left, work the action with my right, transfer the gun back, and then begin shooting. I can not imagine anyone else out there does either. So why in the world would the make an air pistol that had to be cocked with your shooting hand? Someone did not think through the actual use of this product.

Will AoA let us know when it will be back in stock?

Was it ever “in stock” or, did they all “sell out”? The hype on this one is disheartening and I’m a fan of the brand. Too many other good choices close to the asking price. This is all just a marketing test.

Yes, it was in stock for a few days when it was announced. I have one on the way and should be here tomorrow (I'm interested in using it as a mini-carbine.) The AoA sales rep I spoke to on the phone made a comment that they were "flying off the shelves", but not sure how much of that was sales talk or real (and how many they had to begin with). Five units flying off the shelves wouldn't be as impressive as 200 units flying off the shelves.

High Pressure Pneumatics appears to have 1 in stock if their website is accurate: https://myhighpressureair.com/brocock-atomic-xr-air-pistol-compact-carbine-22cal (I don't have any experience at all with this store, but just noticed that they had 1 in-stock.)

-Clayton