• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New bipod

If anybody is looking for an inexpensive bypod I highly suggest this one . Is sturdy rigid and easy to use.

20210828_191003.1630192853.jpg

I've tried multiple super cheap bipods, and been incredibly disappointed in all. Still, I also can't see spending $400 on an Atlas bipod. so in the never ending quest to find an inexpensive bipod that actually works, this one got my attention, so ordered and it arrived last night: 

AmazonSmile : Ajoite UUQ 8" - 12” Adjustable Bipod, Heavy Duty Carbon Fiber Tactical Rifle Bipod, Picatinny/Weaver Rail Mount Base (Quick Detach Lever) : Sports & Outdoors

I will warn Impact owners, it will require a riser unless you've purchased an extension rail. It hits the bottle, but a 1 inch riser takes care of the problem.

Haven't had it to the range yet, but so far, it fits, it's solid and not super expensive. Should take it to the range Thursday or Friday.

I bought the UUQ and have used it on my powder burners. It works very well. I have an accu-tac that I also like, but for the price, the UUQ works well. It has a wide stance, easy to move the legs into the angled positions, and everything is tight. I used it on my 6mm and it did quite well. the accu-tac is a nicer piece of gear, but considerable more expensive. 

My bipod are toy grade, i am finding it hard to understand why one 10 X more expensive would be any better, but of course i have never tried using a high end bipod.

for many many people on a budget that use their airguns just for fun, there probably isn't a lot justification to spend $200 on a bipod instead of shoes for the kids.

on the other hand, many cheap clones from china break too easily, or don't work as well as the real product, and the buyer ends up spending the money on a decent product anyway.

i suggest avoiding blatant chinese knock-offs because it hurts american businesses and helps china. it is just a suggestion because i understand not everyone can afford to put principles before price. i also don't shop at walmart, but i don't blame young families shop there to save money.

I don't see how owning or buying an Accutac conflates with "shoes for the kids"? Bipods all do the same thing if you want to run a $30. Knockoff on your PCPs have at it. It's all good, but there is a difference in robustness, solid lockup, quick solid deploy ability in the field that the knock offs or UTGs can even begin to compare. About to take my Compatto to the dairy it has a UTG Recon on it, will be pulling the Accutac off my Sniper and put it on the Compatto. On the bench at home the UTG is fine, out in the field? Not so much, too slow to adjust and nowhere near as stable.

I don't see how owning or buying an Accutac conflates with "shoes for the kids"? Bipods all do the same thing if you want to run a $30. Knockoff on your PCPs have at it. It's all good, but there is a difference in robustness, solid lockup, quick solid deploy ability in the field that the knock offs or UTGs can even begin to compare. About to take my Compatto to the dairy it has a UTG Recon on it, will be pulling the Accutac off my Sniper and put it on the Compatto. On the bench at home the UTG is fine, out in the field? Not so much, too slow to adjust and nowhere near as stable.

like i said, it depends on your particular budget. if you have to forgo something else to pay more for a bipod that your use case doesn't justify...it makes no sense (to me).

on the other hand, if you have lots of disposable income, you may get more satisfaction from a quality product, even if it doesn't increase your hit %.

to either cut down on beer, or the kid's new gear, it's a tough decision in a town called malice.

btw, i agree with you on cheap bipods for fun. but when it counts in the field, they can be a liability if they break when you knock a leg against a rock or tree.

Took my Compatto out of the safe and down to the dairy. Had six opportunities scored on four. Dorking around with my UTG Recon bipod cost me two shots. Went back to the truck, pulled the Accu Tac BR4 G2 off my Bantam Sniper and put it on the Compatto. The last four rats weren't as lucky.

this is my SR-5 G2. the wrap isn't tacticool but it prevents metal to metal contact with the stock when opened to load a magazine.

manyhatsofleshiy_now_quieterCapture.1630284577.JPG

of course, i owned the bipod long before the leshiy 2, and it was mostly on a Scar 20s (7.62x51mm). that guy is 15lbs.

i like the extra length when needed, and the wider stance, but being almost as low as a shorter bipod when deployed at an angle.

not ver compact though, lol, and so not for everything or every situation. probably why i have 3 qd bipods.

bipod-height-Capture.1630285008.JPG

I understand that from a bench or table inexpensive bipod can work very well. In the field and dynamically? Not so much. I learned this through use and experience. Not knocking the inexpensive bipods. It’s just that for the coin Accu Tacs or Atlases command you are getting way more than something that just supports your gun. Many factors at play.