New Benjamin single die precision pellets

We will have to see what the $20 MSRP translates into an actual price. But the $23 at Pyramyd Air for the JSBs is an inflated price. They are $15 at Trenier.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Already many proven great choices on the market. Unless they can find a way to come in cheaper than jsb and such I don’t see the point of switching?
A top notch shooter at our field was speaking about the quality inconsistencies he has been noticing with jsb's recently. He is thinking they are getting a bit complacent since most say they are the go to round. They had been his go to round too. However when he got new batches, he started suffering from accuracy issues. He ran the old rounds with no problems. Cleaned his barrel and went to the new ones and still had inconsistency with them.

He got some benjamins and they outperformed the JSB's in every rifle he shot them from, an alpha wolf, a redwolf, an S510 to name a few. He was raving on them. He is impatiently waiting for more to arrive. He said if they have the same quality, they will before his go to round.

Just got three tins of the .177 and it must have been from a first run batch, because they have 400 pellets on the tin, but the new "pre order" listing on PA shows 500 pellets per tin, as per the HAM test. My initial shooting in my Katran is pretty pleasing. Enough so that I'm going to pre order a bigger batch. I can attest to them being different from the bulk Crosmans as the Benjamins feed in my Airmaks mag without a single hitch, where the Crosmans will hang up once in a while, quite consistently. Crosmans shoot well in the Katran, but the Benjamins have produced ablolute one hole groups at 30 meters. So yes, they're good to go for me. I'll be doing some chrony testing with some comparisons with JSB and others to see how they stack up.

As an interesting side note, I saw a bunch of griping about problems with recent JSB inconsistencies, but haven't noticed that, but on the other hand H&N pellets have not shot well in my rifles at all lately. May be just an unlucky mismatch of pellets/guns, but it seems pretty consistent, they don't group well in my guns.

Just got three tins of the .177 and it must have been from a first run batch, because they have 400 pellets on the tin, but the new "pre order" listing on PA shows 500 pellets per tin, as per the HAM test. My initial shooting in my Katran is pretty pleasing. Enough so that I'm going to pre order a bigger batch. I can attest to them being different from the bulk Crosmans as the Benjamins feed in my Airmaks mag without a single hitch, where the Crosmans will hang up once in a while, quite consistently. Crosmans shoot well in the Katran, but the Benjamins have produced ablolute one hole groups at 30 meters. So yes, they're good to go for me. I'll be doing some chrony testing with some comparisons with JSB and others to see how they stack up.

As an interesting side note, I saw a bunch of griping about problems with recent JSB inconsistencies, but haven't noticed that, but on the other hand H&N pellets have not shot well in my rifles at all lately. May be just an unlucky mismatch of pellets/guns, but it seems pretty consistent, they don't group well in my guns.
A friend shoots a redwolf, and I borrow his s510. He could go between the jsb 10.34 and the benjamins and not have to adjust anything including his dope chart for either rifle. I got a new redwolf and they were one holing at 25 yards.

So far I’ve been impressed with the new Benjis in my Daystate Griffin.

The other night I weighed and checked the size of about half a tin. The majority were 10.50 on the nose with 10.52 a close second. A few lighter and heavier, but much more consistent than my latest batch of JSB 10.3

As for size 4.52 was predominant, with 4.51 a second. I had a couple 4.53 and 4.50, but not many

I did one quick chrony test and got these results in my Katran.
AVG 914
HI 917
LO 909
ES 8
STDEV 2.5
They are really accurate in the Katran, I'm getting one holers at 30M easily. I have only shot 50 yards at eggs and it's an every single shot hit. I need to get off my butt and set some targers at 50. I have shot some of the best groups in heavy wind, and I do mean heavy. They are, so far, amazing in my Airmaks. I only have one other .177 right now, a Crosman Challenger 2021, and it probably won't like heavy pellets. I just bought my Katran about a month or so ago and am still shooting it every day. It is an amazing rifle, and not the least pellet picky. I've shot 7.33gr JSB, 8.44gr JSB, 13gr JSB, Crosman bulk pack 10.5gr and so far Single Die 10.5 gr shoot as good as the best of the others, so that's what I'll be shooting. When I say "as good as" I must say none were the least bit discouraging, this gun is a laser. Even the light 7.33gr did well in it, and although I didn't chrony them, they have to be hitting 1000fps.

I just ordered 8,000 of the Single Die pellets from Pyramyd Air, they're back in stock now. I'd be more interested in trying them in my .22's if they made something heavier than 14.3gr. But for .177, I like em, and hey, gives me a good reason to buy another .177 pellet rifle!