New Benjamin single die precision pellets

Available September. Check out Steve Archers review.

02C0342F-1677-45A8-BA8B-5C3394B5F7C7.png

CB1D6F06-7A3B-4F4C-9F3C-03E82495D6B3.jpeg

Good to see Crosman resurrecting this once great pellet with a renewed focus on quality and consistency. The quality of the boxed 10.5gr—also supposed to be from a single die—had plunged so low in recent years that I assumed Crosman to have exited permanently from the match pellet market. So I’m interested to try some of these and see how they fare.

Meanwhile I can’t help but think these will need to deliver big time if the $20 MSRP is at all reflective of the actual selling price, when they’re up against longstanding performers like JSB/FX/AA and H&N available for 1/3 less.

Last edited:
I bought some Crosman 10.5 grain pellets when they first became available in the UK.
I was impressed by the quality, in particular the lack of flash, or mould line as it is often called.
That was some years ago. The last ones I bought had very prominent lines.
In my opinion they are the same pellet but made with new dies.

They had a comment somewhere in the article to the effect of “we don’t publish targets because accuracy will vary by the gun”.
That makes perfect sense but they normally just tell us what gun they used... weird, right?

I bought some Crosman 10.5 grain pellets when they first became available in the UK.
I was impressed by the quality, in particular the lack of flash, or mould line as it is often called.
That was some years ago. The last ones I bought had very prominent lines.
In my opinion they are the same pellet but made with new dies.
Yeah these 10.5 gr brown box I just got has faint lines but it is less prominent than the 500 tin of 10.5s I used just prior. They ain't JSB or H&N lol

That makes perfect sense but they normally just tell us what gun they used... weird, right?
Agreed, it’s unusual. And certainly anyone who cares about the merits of single-die pellets is keenly aware of different guns yielding different results. I think the decision to omit targets is a misguided one.

This is great news! I figured Crosman gave up on making quality pellets. The old cardboard box Premiers were great pellets. I am glad they are dumping the cardboard box. Though the box was nostalgic they were a pain. Now just bring back a 7.9 gr CPL version. My spring rifles loved the CPL pellets and I am out of them. Wish I had known they were going to be discontinued As I would have loaded up.

I actually just ordered one of those 10.5 gr Crosman cardboard single die boxes off Amazon just for my plinking guns. They look OK to me but again I don't have a precision .177 to try them in.

How do you guys think they changed the BC for the new Benjamin's? Visually it looks like the same 10.5gr I have.
Probably what all these are when alls said and done. Just in "tin" form.

Just like how its done just a crosman in a Benjamin tin.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
I just googled up a price for a tin of 500 JSB 10.34 grain at Pyramyd Air. $23. So if the Benjamins are $20 they are cheaper. I have lots of tins of pellets I may never use, however, because my gun didn't like them. I have a pellet mold that I may never use much because my two 25s don't like the pellets it makes. It would be nice if you could buy a smaller tin to give them a try. I don't think the per piece price is out of line if the quality is there but I don't like spending $20 for a tin to see if they are accurate in my gun. But I may some day. I only have one 177 and so far it's favorite is H&N Baracuda Match. JSB 10.34s are not bad, might use them for plinking if I start running short, but inferior to the H&Ns. One tin of Crosman 10.5s shot well, at least as well as the JSBs but then the next two tins were bad. I bought a Pelletgage to see if that was the reason. The head sizes in the two "bad" Crosman tins were all over the place. At least a few at every head size of the gauge. The "good" Crosman tin was much more consistent and similar to the H&Ns. After this experience I'm a bit leery of "investing" in more Crosman/Benjamin pellets.