Brocock/BRK New Barrel Tensioning Kit for Ghost HP

So why the tension kit? Does it have POI shift problem? Thought it has a solid barrel, not the metal soda straws held in place with rubber bands.
I peek at Ghost topics from time to time only because I will own one someday when I scale back. I have a couple things floating around in my head about this current thing. One, the gun just doesn’t have a big pimping aftermarket selection of do-dads for it. Guys are jonesing to bolt some kind of crap on their guns. I have 15mm chromoly barrels on my Impacts and am sending stuff fast. My barrels aren’t whipping. It’s a airgun or in the Ghosts case, a pellet gun for gods sake. But on the flip side, let’s look at my AAA Evol. Barrel only as long as a drummers drumstick and stout. But it’s tensioned like a MF. But it’s done right. So can even a OK tensioning setup help that gun if a goose gun length barrel is what you’re shooting? Maybe. Is it necessary? I hope not. But if you’ve been competing in anything in life, the placebo effect is strong and can’t be denied.

I was under the impression that the Ghost did not need any performance or accuracy enhancements. All accounts I read were that it was a stellar performer as it came from the factory. I was impressed enough to consider adding one to the stable.
The reality is that manufacturers have come to realize that there are a lot of us who simply cannot leave well enough alone. Offer us a way to shrink a group, flatten a trajectory, quiet a shot, smoke a pigeon at 150 yards reliably (? Really?) or just make our guns look better and we will open our wallets willingly.
Guilty as charged right here

....the gun just doesn’t have a big pimping aftermarket selection of do-dads for it. Guys are jonesing to bolt some kind of crap on their guns....
.......Is it necessary? I hope not. But if you’ve been competing in anything in life, the placebo effect is strong and can’t be denied.

100%

I think I'm around 17months into the Ghost experience, three different barrels in 3 different lengths and three different calibers, 18-53ish fpe. Various competitions, hunting/pesting, paper shooting out to 170+ yards.....in short LOTS of pellets and slugs (15-16,000 at last count).

Though all of that-----> zero point of impact shift issues.

100%

I think I'm around 17months into the Ghost experience, three different barrels in 3 different lengths and three different calibers, 18-53ish fpe. Various competitions, hunting/pesting, paper shooting out to 170+ yards.....in short LOTS of pellets and slugs (15-16,000 at last count).

Though all of that-----> zero point of impact shift issues.
I’m sure if the Faddy guy was using a mercury filled moderator, guys would be lining up to get one. Even if it had a big cancer warning label on it. The wheels on the sport go round and round.

I peek at Ghost topics from time to time only because I will own one someday when I scale back. I have a couple things floating around in my head about this current thing. One, the gun just doesn’t have a big pimping aftermarket selection of do-dads for it. Guys are jonesing to bolt some kind of crap on their guns. I have 15mm chromoly barrels on my Impacts and am sending stuff fast. My barrels aren’t whipping. It’s a airgun or in the Ghosts case, a pellet gun for gods sake. But on the flip side, let’s look at my AAA Evol. Barrel only as long as a drummers drumstick and stout. But it’s tensioned like a MF. But it’s done right. So can even a OK tensioning setup help that gun if a goose gun length barrel is what you’re shooting? Maybe. Is it necessary? I hope not. But if you’ve been competing in anything in life, the placebo effect is strong and can’t be denied.

All the people complain about FX made to be upgraded and other high quality guns need nothing cause they are perfect from the factory…….guess no one is immune to upgraditis! LOL

Reactions: Drgun and Vetmx
Applying a "fix" to a known and common problem isn't the same thing as "upgrading" just for the sake of tricking out a new toy.

This barrel clamp situation for the Ghost isn't fixing a problem, but more akin to a guy just bought a new truck and decides to upgrade to fancy rims.
I ended up buying and installing the clamp for mine. I do intend to get the .25cal slug barrel somewhere down the road so I don't think it will make things worse in the interim. Maybe it will. Time will tell.

I ended up buying and installing the clamp for mine. I do intend to get the .25cal slug barrel somewhere down the road so I don't think it will make things worse in the interim. Maybe it will. Time will tell.
...I want the clamp...did you get it at AoA...???...

...does the clamp care what caliber the barrel is...???...

Last edited: