Brocock/BRK New Barrel Tensioning Kit for Ghost HP

...according to Franlink and others, it doesn't...

...I would have gotten one anyway on GP so my Ghost would be more like the Fady Rifle, but apparently the kit is not compatible with a supessor...
Why can't the tensioning kit be used with suppressor? The limited production Faddy rifle comes with tensioner and suppressor I thought.

...according to Franlink and others, it doesn't...

...I would have gotten one anyway on GP so my Ghost would be more like the Fady Rifle, but apparently the kit is not compatible with a supessor...
It is compatible 👍🏼

IMG_9022.jpeg

IMG_9023.jpeg

...according to Franklink and others, it doesn't...

With 18inch barrel on my Ghost and mostly living in the sub 35 fpe world, I've not seen any need for the new clamp, or the barrel tensioner (ie I've not dealt with any point of impact shifts) BUT....

I can maybe see some benefit with a big long 28inch barrel, and/or if somebody is really pushing the fpe.

I had a 700mm barrel for a Taipan Veteran, also a real steel, solid actual 15mm OD barrel (TJ barrel in this example) like our Ghosts have. The excess length sure seemed "whippy" despite the 15mm OD. A friend had a concurrent experiment going with the same 15mm OD TJ barrels and a third platform (not Veteran or Ghost) and he said something to the effect of watching the end of the barrel moving when he shot it.

So, loooonnggg barrel and lots of oomph....sure, clamp couldn't hurt.

Aggregation of marginal gains. Every little improvement taken collectively, can make the difference between winning and losing.

Then there's the mental game of convincing yourself that your equipment is going to perform. Placebo? Maybe. But confidence is a benefit none the less. Especially if you know your competitor's Ghost has these upgrades. So maybe call it intimidation factor, lol.

...the new clamp and the barrel tensioning kit are not the same parts and apparently are mutually exclusive...

...the barrel tensioning kit is not compatible with a suppressor according to the BRK web site...

...they said if you want to use a suppressor to use the clamp...

...it seems the Faddy rifles have a barrel tensioning devise, but not the clamp, yet they can and do use a suppressor...

...the Faddy rifle seems to have a different, thinner shroud than the standard Ghost...

...I don't have a 28" barrel and am currently pushing 31.02 fpe (approximately) (LoL) but I will still want to install the new tensioning clamp at some point...

...I am not so worried aboot winning, but am very concerned with precise shot placement on small targets...

Last edited:
Hello, Since this is my gun pictured here, I thought I would answer and let you know..... the "tensioner kit" and the "clamp" (pictured on my Ghost here with a 28" barrel) are two different items. The clamp can help with vibration and I personally find it helpful on the longer barrel. It seems to give me more stability with each shot. I did not find it as helpful or needed on my short .177 barrel. The "tensioner kit", also referred, to as "Barrel Tuner Kit" (NOT shown here) "Adds barrel stability and reduces vibration by allowing user to change barrel tension and harmonic frequency for different calibers, pellets etc."

I chose the clamp as I wanted less vibration and I wanted to use my moderator while shooting. I have not personally tried the "tensioning kit" and I do not know if a moderator would work with it, but I do know Fady did not use a moderator at the Worlds.

I have read others saying "I thought the Ghost was good as is". And it is..... but lets be honest.... If you want to compete and attempt the all elusive perfect score, you are going to add items that will make every shot count. This is one of those items on that journey.

Hello, Since this is my gun pictured here, I thought I would answer and let you know..... the "tensioner kit" and the "clamp" (pictured on my Ghost here with a 28" barrel) are two different items. The clamp can help with vibration and I personally find it helpful on the longer barrel. It seems to give me more stability with each shot. I did not find it as helpful or needed on my short .177 barrel. The "tensioner kit", also referred, to as "Barrel Tuner Kit" (NOT shown here) "Adds barrel stability and reduces vibration by allowing user to change barrel tension and harmonic frequency for different calibers, pellets etc."

I chose the clamp as I wanted less vibration and I wanted to use my moderator while shooting. I have not personally tried the "tensioning kit" and I do not know if a moderator would work with it, but I do know Fady did not use a moderator at the Worlds.

I have read others saying "I thought the Ghost was good as is". And it is..... but lets be honest.... If you want to compete and attempt the all elusive perfect score, you are going to add items that will make every shot count. This is one of those items on that journey.
Ahhh that’s where the confusion is I’ve been calling them a tuner kit not a tensioner, I thought they’d referred to the part shown in your photo 👍🏼

...the new clamp and the barrel tensioning kit are not the same parts and apparently are mutually exclusive...

...the barrel tensioning kit is not compatible with a suppressor according to the BRK web site...

...they said if you want to use a suppressor to use the clamp...

...it seems the Faddy rifles have a barrel tensioning devise, but not the clamp, yet they can and do use a suppressor...

...the Faddy rifle seems to have a different, thinner shroud than the standard Ghost...

...I don't have a 28" barrel and am currently pushing 31.02 fpe (approximately) (LoL) but I will still want to install the new tensioning clamp at some point...

...I am not so worried aboot winning, but am very concerned with precise shot placement on small targets...
Apologies for the mix up 👍🏼 I call them barrel tuners

...no worries...the more clarity the better...I suppose the tensioning kit is more properly described as a barrel tuner...

...I don't want to go Full Ray here, but it seems pretty lame to develop and market one that can't accommodate a suppressor...

...I need to use a suppressor in my neighborhood...if I had understood the limitations before I might have held out for the Faddy rifle...

Reactions: Matt Fletcher
...no worries...the more clarity the better...I suppose the tensioning kit is more properly described as a barrel tuner...

...I don't want to go Full Ray here, but it seems pretty lame to develop and market one that can't accommodate a suppressor...

...I need to use a suppressor in my neighborhood...if I had understood the limitations before I might have held out for the Faddy rifle...
Let me ask my contacts at the factory and see what’s said from technical 👍🏼

Let me ask my contacts at the factory and see what’s said

So I have an answer ! The 23 & 28" you loose the shroud and gain a 1/2 unf adapter so a moderator can be used. The 17" no tuner is available separately ( only on the fady replica ) but a clamp is available if you wanted to go that route.

Reactions: Hapo