• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Barrel for my Impact

Or so I thought! Was going to try out a Slug A liner for using JSB king heavies until it came out of the box looking like a crescent. Maybe I can use it to shoot around corners? Lol. Looks like I'll be sticking with slugs.

IMG_0009.1600891326.jpg

Ooh, that’s a sad looking Slug A liner! Bummer! I feel for you man!

I have the slug liner A and was using it for the 33.95 MKII’s and various VK and NSA slugs, mainly the VK 32.8gr. I got a deal on a Superior liner so I bought it. I tested the Superior liner with the JSB MKII’s, the Hybrids and various NSA and VK. It did shoot the Hybrids really great, the 33.95 MKII pretty darn good too and the various slugs pretty good. I knew this was the case going in, but since I plan on shooting the 33.95 MKII’s an VK 32.8 the most, that’s what I tested the most. 

Long story short, the Slug A liner shoots the 33.95 MKII better than the Superior but just by a small margin. It also shoots the VK 32.8 better. Since those are the two projectiles I shoot the most, I’m leaving the Slug A liner in my gun. It’s just super accurate! If I want to shoot some of the Hybrids, then I’ll throw the Superior liner back in my gun. I shot some teeny tiny little groups with the Hybrids and Superior liner. That should cover it for me unless I have a great desire to shoot slugs heavier than 34 or 36.2 grain, in which case I’d buy the Heavy Superior liner!

Have them send you a straight Slug A liner, you’ll love it for the 33.95 King Heavies. It really does shoot them exceptionally well, most slugs too!

Stoti

That is an horrible thing to have to look at. I'm sure I will have nightmares again tonight. ;^) The couple liners I have purchased came in heavy cardboard tubes and were good when they got to me. Although the heavy cardboard tube did not save my SK-19 barrel. ;^( It's crazy what the USPS, UPS and FedX can do to a package. I like it better when out of some thoroughly trashed package comes a nice shiny part in perfect condition.

I wish you luck with the next one.