• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A new backyard pcp rifle under 500

You will love your new Marauder. The things that some call "dated" are exactly the things that make the Marauder a wonderful first PCP (in between or last) or any PCP for that matter. It is simple, easy to tune and adjust and hardware store O-rings and a phone call to Crosman gets you the rest and good technical support.

Really, the only basic improvment Crosman could make that would satisfy a bunch more shooters is to add a freaking side lever! But the bolt is fine and can be easily swapped side to side and unless you start putting in heavy power springs and going down the rabbit hole, the bolt is dandy. One of mine, JSAR aluminum tube, "special" tech valve, Houma reg., .196 porting, .25 cal, 60 fpe, standing on Blue Bird overwatch duty:

Looks just like yours :). But it ain't ;). Can be pinky cocked :cool: because the special valve requires little force to open and the FFH is lightweight Delrin type material. That is the beauty of the Marauder.
I put mine through th3 chrony after a little tuning 1050 fps with the 14.3 getting about 34 35 fpe

You will love your new Marauder. The things that some call "dated" are exactly the things that make the Marauder a wonderful first PCP (in between or last) or any PCP for that matter. It is simple, easy to tune and adjust and hardware store O-rings and a phone call to Crosman gets you the rest and good technical support.

Really, the only basic improvment Crosman could make that would satisfy a bunch more shooters is to add a freaking side lever! But the bolt is fine and can be easily swapped side to side and unless you start putting in heavy power springs and going down the rabbit hole, the bolt is dandy. One of mine, JSAR aluminum tube, "special" tech valve, Houma reg., .196 porting, .25 cal, 60 fpe, standing on Blue Bird overwatch duty:

Looks just like yours :). But it ain't ;). Can be pinky cocked :cool: because the special valve requires little force to open and the FFH is lightweight Delrin type material. That is the beauty of the Marauder.
I actually enjoy the bolt action.

Reactions: pcponly and 3Crows
I put mine through th3 chrony after a little tuning 1050 fps with the 14.3 getting about 34 35 fpe

That might be a little fast :unsure: . Pellets usually like to fly at around 800 to 900 fps maximum muzzle velocity. You might either slow it down some or go to a heavier pellet like the JSB 18. If you are getting the accuracy you want then okay :).

That might be a little fast :unsure: . Pellets usually like to fly at around 800 to 900 fps maximum muzzle velocity. You might either slow it down some or go to a heavier pellet like the JSB 18. If you are getting the accuracy you want then okay :).
I'm getting dime size groups with the 14.3 and some even though same hole about 30 yards out..I'll do a target

Reactions: Hapo and 3Crows
As promised here she is at 30 yards

20240315_180641.jpg

It takes a little while for the concept to become ingrained. It took me a while, coming from the PB world, to understand and appreciate that pellets just do not like to go fast. Once we hit that 900-ish fps brick wall, the only way forward to increase energy without loss of accuracy and efficiency is to go up in pellet weight.

Since the synthetic stock is lighter, where do you buy one? My biggest complaint with the m-rod is it is like handling a 2x6. I have the field and target .22 and am amazed at the accuracy.

You can order the synthetic stock direct from Crosman or look for a take off in classifieds and eBay. I much prefer the synthetic stock but do have one of my (.25) MRods in wood :). It has a (AGR) hybrid tube to compensate and keep the muzzle end light and balanced:

This one is as light as a feather with JSAR all aluminum reservoir tube, if I filled it with helium it would float away, gotta keep it clamped down:

• Love
Reactions: pcponly