• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New backstop

I shot for a few months without any backstop at all. I have a woods behind my house so I would just let the lead zing. But I began to acknowledge this was not the best practice. I do have neighbors and "you never know". Over the last couple of months I've used various makeshift back stops that worked... ok. I finally decided to build something that was a little more complete. I used 4 pressure treated 2x6s and 1 2x4, all in was a little over $60. I may need something on the ground to try collect the spent pellets. So far so good though and I don't feel paranoid about where the pellets end up.

IMG_1770.1624243660.JPG

Hey man that looks great. I built a pellet trap that makes no sound and is very cheap. If you have an old TV box or any cardboard boxes that fit your needs and fill them with tightly packed strips of ripped t shirts or cotton clothing. It's super easy to retrieve the lead and will protect your wood. Plus if you save your lead I'd buy it from you 

Only thing I'd add would be a bottom and a couple inches of mulch so that all the lead doesn't go into the ground. Personal paranoia. I lived next to a Super Fund cleanup sight for years. It's all cleaned up now, but small amounts of contaminants go a long way. Best to keep it all under control.

Fantastic idea. Once lumber prices go down and I get a chance to get my saw out, maybe I'll steal your idea?? Looks great and gives plenty of protection!