• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New AZ member

I moved to the Marana Az area 3 years ago and bought my second airgun that i have ever owned. Many yeasr ago i was told that when i reached the age of 12 i would get my first 22 rifle. i was convinced that a pellet gun would be more to my age. I was given a Crosman pump and for several years it was my pride and joy. My father was the bottling manger for a dairy in SoCal and i was paid the shoot ground squirrels. At 16 fishing became a my passion and centerfire guns where number one. Forward to last year and my 4 acres in Avra Valley is running over with little ground squirrels.

I purchased a Crosman Nitro Venom .177 in the summer and started shooting. I could not with the supplied 4x scope hit anything at all. My sons convinced me to set a Simmons 4x on the rifle. Needless to say it broke. In March i bought a cheap Winchester 2x7 and it has been great. I have been using Crosman hollow points and they have been good. We are shooting through a wire fence with 2in opening from the back patio and hitting 2"x6" squirrels. .

I have ordered several new pellets to try out so i will be setting up a 50yd range when i can...At 105 to 108 it tough to get up the energy at 72 to do alot

Like with almost everything, there being few exceptions, you get what you pay for. Cheap is as cheap does... 

Give those AG's to your kids, grand kids, or neighbor kids. Start researching quality in rifles. scopes, and mounts, make an informed decision, and purchase accordingly. 

Hint - look at what PCP's have to offer. I've sold all but one of my springers and gas rams.

i have a 2 year old grandson who will start with this for sure. we are loaded with power burners and this was an after thought that has grown into something i can use. i have 10,000 records, turntables amps preamps and i am the only one who listens to them...this shooting sport is an active passion for many more people. A mistake i made many years ago was giving my wife total control of our money. Outside of the house i have to scrounge up my toys by myself so a better gun has to be worked on. 

i have a 2 year old grandson who will start with this for sure. we are loaded with power burners and this was an after thought that has grown into something i can use. i have 10,000 records, turntables amps preamps and i am the only one who listens to them...this shooting sport is an active passion for many more people. A mistake i made many years ago was giving my wife total control of our money. Outside of the house i have to scrounge up my toys by myself so a better gun has to be worked on.

I myself am currently selling $6000 worth of stuff to finance nicer air rifles and scopes to fill different needs. I can spend my money any way I want, but I'm short on cash right now.

That was how it was with my 1st wife but not ever again thankfully.

I'm up in Flagstaff or I'd try to meet up with you to show you what PCP's are all about.

Go by Airguns of Arizona some time, they'll show you various offerings and give good advice.