New Avenger in .177

I've got an AE Swede V1 stock and it is well made. 3D printed but it is some high quality stuff for only $35 plus shipping. Worth it for sure. Tight lines, good weight, but not heavy. It's great because my friend had converted an AR15 from the extending stock to a fixed A2, so he let me have the spare buffer tube/stock. Threads right in along with a AR pistol grip of your choice. AE Swede comes with 2 screws needed for it (and I think a 3rd for the grip, too) since the OEM screws are different lengths. He gives instructions to put some epoxy in a cavity below where the buffer tube goes for added strength. I have the epoxy, but haven't done it yet.

The only issue I had with the AE Swede adapter is that the I needed to cut out a spot for the flat piece you put on it before the buffer tube. (Not sure the technical term, but they make these aftermarket plates with sling or QD attachment options, may swap to that.) On an AR receiver, there is a recess for the little oval bump on the flat plate so that it all stays together in the same orientation when you screw on the buffer tube and your stock is straight up and down. I used some calipers to locate the spot on the AE Swede adapter and chiseled it out. Very easy as it's towards the bottom. Sorry, this is my 1st post and I can't attach a photo. But now the buffer tube is locked in it's orientation. Technically you could skip this and screw just the tube in but I liked having the metal plate there. The adapter threads are real deep, so I think it would be secure. I ended up putting a side folding hinge adapter on because a guy on YouTube suggested it because when you have these AE Swede type adapters you cannot access the hammer spring adjustment screw unless you unscrew the buffer tube. (yes, there is a cutout for the screw, just can't get to it with the tube there, same hole). The side folder works great, and I will have access to the hammer adjustment. Also found on eBay.

The big difference that I can see is that with the AE Swede version, you would need a bottle/barrel shroud that has the picatinny rail built in in order to use a bipod since deleting the OEM stock also gets rid of the rail up front. AE Swede also makes those in 61 and 63mm bottle sizes. They're wide and clamp well and I think it's the best option if you're running a bottle. If you're just doing the stock double HPA tube setup, then I think I saw a triple band with picatinny rail part on ebay. The other types of Avenger stock adapters have Mlok rails on the sides, so no need except for keeping the shrouds in place for accuracy.

But for $35 definitely try it out yourself!

Last edited:
Aww man, I wish Buck-Rail released that sooner! His stuff is awesome. And he solved the problem of AE Swede where AE covers hammer adjustment. Looks like BR could still get the power plenum in there and also a comment on the YouTube install video from BR says he thinks a bottle would still work. BR is way better at communicating than AE. I never got an email or Facebook messenger reply from him, but BR is like 30 minutes to reply max. Might have to give the BR option a try ... Thanks Mtown for the tip!!

Reactions: OnTargetAirgunner
I ended up ordering a Buck Rail tactical conversion kit to compare to AE Swede's version. I did not get the tri rail nor the Buck Rail butt stock with high comb adjustment as I've got one already (but you'd definitely need it-more on that later). So just the frame and "buffer tube".

The BR version goes out further than AE Swede by having that AR mag well looking part out front. That is where the plenum block is, and I like how it is protected more than Swede being bare but I have a power plenum to install, and the ID of the mag well part is a MM or so too narrow on each side. I'll have to take a semi circle file to it to make it fit. The mag well part is completely an open rectangle on the bottom, so easy access to the adjustments there. On the muzzle end the two sides of the mag well extension is attached at the bottom by a semicircle that'll support the bottom air tube on a stock Avenger. I'm gonna run a bottle so hoping that fits, otherwise a file will make it fit. Because it is just the semicircular support on the bottom, the BR is flexing at the top when wiggled. But with the block in there I bet it'll be solid. The BR is overall thinner than the Swede but the benefit of the BR is it comes up lower on the block so you can get to the hammer spring adjustment without needing a side folding adapter. That's why you need the comb adjustment stock. Other thing to note is BR is only connected to the block by ONE screw where Swede is a couple.

You can't tell from the BR YouTube install video, but the BR "buffer tube" is keyed vertically by a bump and a corresponding slot on the frame. So your tube/stock will not rotate. Pro of BR is it is screwed onto a nut, not threaded into the 3D printed material like Swede.

One thing I noticed right away on the BR when I put on a super generic AR collapsible stock is that on the BR the length position locks in however the pin that goes up and locks in on the stock isn't all the way in. Like it could go in another 1/4 inch so the lever you press to adjust the length is loose. The buffer tube OD is the exact ID of my stock though, so it doesn't wobble and it takes some effort to change positions (friction). Downside of BR version is the tube is 3D printed, not the metal, real AR buffer tube like on Swede version, which lets the stock lever go all the way tight.

So...as you can see, pros and cons of each. You're required to order BR's buffer tube b/c standard AR tube doesn't work, so BR ended up being $65 shipped b/c you need the frame and tube at the minimum. Swede a standard, Mil Spec tube screws in however it blocks the hammer adjustment so you'd need a side folding adapter or to unscrew it every time to adjust. It's $35 for Swede plus shipping. It's kind of a wash for price once you add in the adapters and stocks required. Swedes has better finish (don't see any stringing, is all smooth, very fine layers, more sturdy). But BR has the added protection to the block and the easy access HS screw. Both take standard AR grips. BR comes with one.

If you guys have any questions on AE Swede V1 or Buck Rail frame let me know since I'm probably the only one that has both.

Hello EmptyTin_Tim, thanks for the offer to answer a few questions about these chassis.

I like the looks of both the AESwede and the BuckRail. I have just a couple of questions about the BR and the AESwede offering:

How sturdy is the BR tube, buttstock and frame setup? I tend to "load" a bipod when shooting on a bench rest. My bipod might be attached to the BR "tri-rail" forend. Will the BR setup handle this? Do you think it can be reinforced, if necessary? I realize that you don't have the tri-rail forend, so I'm gonna talk to Buck Rail about that. If I decided to go without the tri-rail, is there a barrel clamp with Picatiiny mount that you would recommend? I'll be using the stock Avenger pressure reservoir tubes.

How easily can the AESwede chassis be removed, for hammer adjustments and such? Is the hinged buffer tube mount an essential item for use with the AESwede? If so, which hinge mount do you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hey C No 7 Mk 1, I'm new to the forum but have been soaking up it's knowledge for a long time, so I'm glad to be able to give back!

I'm so amazed with the capability of 3d printed items. The BR is sturdy, he chose to use bolts and nuts to secure items into the 3d printed frame so that it's metal to metal, making it capable of handling some torque when you assemble without worrying about snapping anything. I'm normally guilty of over-torquing but didn't worry with this style of nut and bolt set up to secure the "buffer tube" to the frame for BR. As far as loading the bipod, I'd say you probably would be issue-free. There is going to already be less flex than the OEM plastic stock as thats kinda flimsy. With the tri rail, you'd have a decent length that's attaching all the tubes (2 air, 1 barrel shroud for 10 inches) together. Plus, I think it said on BR site that there's a % discount if you order the whole kit. As you saw, I did not order the tri rail as I'm doing a bottle set up. However, from the photo and more so the YouTube install, it seems very solid being that long and I like how it has those few screws to clamp it down. I don't think it'd need reinforcement, but I suppose you could get those metal picatinny height risers on Amazon, the ones that are a 1 piece that clamp onto a section of picatinny rail for a few inches. Then you'd be clamping to metal. But it's probably not necessary.
If you don't go for the tri rail due to weight, you definitely want a triple tube barrel band to keep everything secure. I'd stick it furthest out towards the muzzle as possible. There's a few available on eBay that are 3d printed. I think I'd go for this one from dadr-232

But it's $9 more than the BR and you get a lot less rail slots as well as the BR protects your air tubes more. Plus if you're doing all BR there's that 10% off the whole kit deal. FYI Just checked and BR is sold out til tomorrow.
If you're punching paper on a bench, you might even consider doing a double tube barrel band just before the fill cap by the muzzle to keep it all secure way out there, too.

(Look at photo #6, this is how you should set up the bands if not doing the tri rail) others are also available on ebay or people here recommend Black Arts brand band.

As far as the AE Swede version, I guess you have 2 options. You can either unscrew the whole frame (like 2 screws) and take that off to get access to the hammer spring adjustment, or you could leave the frame on (recommended so grip is still on and less risk of POI shifts taking the whole frame off) and unthread the buffer tube to gain access. There's holes in the frame for access through to the HS directly behind the buffer tube threads. I did not like the idea of unthreading it a lot since it screws into the 3d printed frame even though the Swede frame is thick, very solid, and reinforced, and also a dude on YouTube recommended the AR folding adapter.

And so I found that adapter. Definitely a chinese version, but it's not an AR with recoil so I wasn't worried.

I had to add a tiny spacer in the hinge to get it to the tension I wanted when folded but that was just me being picky and it didn't matter. Lock up was decently solid, couldn't tell the flex of the folding adapter over the flex of my super generic AR stock on the buffer tube. You can find that folder on places like Wish or AliExpress too just know how to look. One I bought already has listing down so I couldn't send that exact one. Same thing though.

Basically though, no technically not required. Just nicer to have so you fold, adjust HS, unfold, go. But it's not every time you shoot that you'll adjust HS. So really up to you. It was also a "Cool Factor" by having a folding stock.

You could also get a buffer tube with the hole in the back and enlarge that slightly and get a really long Allen key and put it through there to the adjustments without removing or folding anything. Idk how long that would have to be, maybe a foot long to reach all the way lol

All this is why I said it really is a wash for price because once you decide to go tactical stock, it gets to personal preference and you need certain things for one brand over the other. Again, lots of pros/cons with both of these 2 offerings for Avenger tactical stock. But you're still cheaper than Terminador Tac Stock at $150 or whatever for just the frame.

Any more questions?

Reactions: C No 7 Mk 1
Hey C No 7 Mk 1, I'm new to the forum but have been soaking up it's knowledge for a long time, so I'm glad to be able to give back!

I'm so amazed with the capability of 3d printed items. The BR is sturdy, he chose to use bolts and nuts to secure items into the 3d printed frame so that it's metal to metal, making it capable of handling some torque when you assemble without worrying about snapping anything. I'm normally guilty of over-torquing but didn't worry with this style of nut and bolt set up to secure the "buffer tube" to the frame for BR. As far as loading the bipod, I'd say you probably would be issue-free. There is going to already be less flex than the OEM plastic stock as thats kinda flimsy. With the tri rail, you'd have a decent length that's attaching all the tubes (2 air, 1 barrel shroud for 10 inches) together. Plus, I think it said on BR site that there's a % discount if you order the whole kit. As you saw, I did not order the tri rail as I'm doing a bottle set up. However, from the photo and more so the YouTube install, it seems very solid being that long and I like how it has those few screws to clamp it down. I don't think it'd need reinforcement, but I suppose you could get those metal picatinny height risers on Amazon, the ones that are a 1 piece that clamp onto a section of picatinny rail for a few inches. Then you'd be clamping to metal. But it's probably not necessary.
If you don't go for the tri rail due to weight, you definitely want a triple tube barrel band to keep everything secure. I'd stick it furthest out towards the muzzle as possible. There's a few available on eBay that are 3d printed. I think I'd go for this one from dadr-232

But it's $9 more than the BR and you get a lot less rail slots as well as the BR protects your air tubes more. Plus if you're doing all BR there's that 10% off the whole kit deal. FYI Just checked and BR is sold out til tomorrow.
If you're punching paper on a bench, you might even consider doing a double tube barrel band just before the fill cap by the muzzle to keep it all secure way out there, too.

(Look at photo #6, this is how you should set up the bands if not doing the tri rail) others are also available on ebay or people here recommend Black Arts brand band.

As far as the AE Swede version, I guess you have 2 options. You can either unscrew the whole frame (like 2 screws) and take that off to get access to the hammer spring adjustment, or you could leave the frame on (recommended so grip is still on and less risk of POI shifts taking the whole frame off) and unthread the buffer tube to gain access. There's holes in the frame for access through to the HS directly behind the buffer tube threads. I did not like the idea of unthreading it a lot since it screws into the 3d printed frame even though the Swede frame is thick, very solid, and reinforced, and also a dude on YouTube recommended the AR folding adapter.

And so I found that adapter. Definitely a chinese version, but it's not an AR with recoil so I wasn't worried.

I had to add a tiny spacer in the hinge to get it to the tension I wanted when folded but that was just me being picky and it didn't matter. Lock up was decently solid, couldn't tell the flex of the folding adapter over the flex of my super generic AR stock on the buffer tube. You can find that folder on places like Wish or AliExpress too just know how to look. One I bought already has listing down so I couldn't send that exact one. Same thing though.

Basically though, no technically not required. Just nicer to have so you fold, adjust HS, unfold, go. But it's not every time you shoot that you'll adjust HS. So really up to you. It was also a "Cool Factor" by having a folding stock.

You could also get a buffer tube with the hole in the back and enlarge that slightly and get a really long Allen key and put it through there to the adjustments without removing or folding anything. Idk how long that would have to be, maybe a foot long to reach all the way lol

All this is why I said it really is a wash for price because once you decide to go tactical stock, it gets to personal preference and you need certain things for one brand over the other. Again, lots of pros/cons with both of these 2 offerings for Avenger tactical stock. But you're still cheaper than Terminador Tac Stock at $150 or whatever for just the frame.

Any more questions?
Thanks, Tim!

I think you've got me 'in the zone' to purchase the Buck Rail system. It was just a little nudge on your part, as an 'Eye Witness' to both designs.

I accept all responsibility for my choice, and sincerely thank you for your input. I've been in contact with BR, and have my name on the waiting list.

I know the quality of his stuff is awesome. I've got the moderator he created for the Avenger, on my 'Woodstock .22' (AKA Carlos, and yes I was rockin' in '69)! the custom designed one that combines the concept of the Donny FL adapter/ barrel extension, with his own multi baffled moderator design. It is an excellent device, and the price was fantastic, great 'anti-bang' for the buck!

The BR tactical sys will go on a new .177 Avenger 'Tupperware' I have, as one of my two (the other one is a Crosman Challenger Ch2021) 'backyard benchrest rifles,' this one to be set up for 50 - 100 yards and JSB Exact 8.44 grain pellets, if luck of the barrel lottery smiles upon me. Of course, another moderator (or two) for the Avenger will be a part of the purchase.

I think The AE Swede would also be a good choice, but like you said, it gets down to personal preference, and the BR complete system with tri-rail appears to fit my needs just a little bit better, at a better price when all inputs are considered.

Once again, thanks a ton for your insight and knowledge on two fine choices to restock the Avenger!

I'm glad you picked Buck Rail because after tinkering around with both yesterday (first time I was able) I definitely give nods to BR. The dimensions are much more accurate. It slipped on tight over the block and there were no gaps. Because I was doing a power plenum and bottle, I had to use a file to get it all to fit. Had to file the "mag well" inside as well as the front where the bottle adapter goes because it is wider than the stock tubes by maybe a MM.

My AE Swede had gaps around it and also the front screw wasn't wanting to go in. Not sure if the supplied screw was too short or if the angle of the AE frame hole was crooked. Rear went in but again it's into the 3D material not a nut like Buck Rail. I suppose I may have gotten a "Friday afternoon run" frame from Swede but it doesn't leave a good impression especially after I've had troubles getting an email back from Swede on a barrel band I ordered Dec 6 but have not received yet. He emailed back last week saying sorry they'll get one out and was nice but the tracking number still says USPS hasn't received the package. So I emailed back on the 23rd asking if it's a new tracking # but he hasn't replied. I get Christmas affects things but if I were running it I would have personally shipped a new band out FedEx overnight shipping..
I did however use his Swede dual reg adapter, metal threaded barrel shroud spacer thing, and 18 shot magazine which I got and all went together great. The band is for 61mm bottle and mine is 60, so I have a slight gap. Should have measured, that's on me. Thought it would clamp enough but nope. So his products are good besides the V1 frame, or at least my example of it. Maybe that's why his V2 frames sell for a lot more on different sites. I can't tell any differences by the photos though. The descriptions are the same so not helpful.

Sorry if theyre out of order, but I took a few photos of each stock on with the tubes for you to get an idea. I've not uploaded photos here yet so let me know if they need re done.

The BR is going to be at that weight with stock air tubes but without a scope. It has the stock I took a picture of the SKU on it, which weighs like a pound by itself. Needed for comb height adjustment. But amazing it's lighter than the OEM stock's 6.4 lbs. I put a BCM mod 2 grip on there and filed the #3 size beaver tail down to fit. So that's slightly different than what comes with the BR kit, too, but I prefer this grip over the A2.

You can see the side folder on the Swede and the hole in the back of the buffer tube in these. It does look cool with it folded but those gaps aren't gonna work for me. You can see the hole for HS through it when folded.

I settled for the Buck Rail and am happy because it covers the front block unlike Swede but I did have to file to fit my upgrades. Fit great on stock tubes though. No issues with it only having 1 screw holding it in, either.

You'll be very happy with the Buck Rail. I also have his moderator and it's great! Only sticks out like 4 inches but still quiet.

Let us know what you think of the tri rail.

IMG_20221226_214913493.jpg

IMG_20221227_010804656.jpg

IMG_20221226_214350637.jpg

IMG_20221226_214438648.jpg

IMG_20221226_194245294.jpg

IMG_20221226_215112892.jpg

IMG_20221226_194118183.jpg

IMG_20221226_194141892.jpg

IMG_20221226_194252551.jpg

IMG_20221226_192324301.jpg

IMG_20221226_194158019.jpg

IMG_20221226_195020992.jpg