• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NEW AP16 not Filling to 300 Bars. Stops at 250 Bars

What Worried said, NOT...a regulator problem. That only controls air going into the gun FROM... the air tank, NOT a tank problem.
Your problem is either in your filling apparatus or the guns gauge.
You mention that you've tried different "fill sources". This tells me that you do not have gauges on your fill sources...either ! So, in actuality, you do not know EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE !

ON THE OTHER HAND... I know the problem might be perplexing, and a little annoying...BUT, most of us DO NOT...FILL... our guns ! I know I do not. It's hard on parts no matter the design.
I have two AP16's and they normally get filled to 200 BAR when I shoot. If I need to refill...no big deal...I refill ! To me, the extra few shots that you'll get from a FULL...fill, isn't worth stressing the guns guts.

Mike

Reactions: ontargetnow!
Mike - I appreciate your time spent explaining your experience with ap16. as a side note, I have gauges on all my 2 big tank fill sources. I have one additional PeaZy attached to smaller tank as a third and an EaZy on mid-size tank with a digital gauge as a forth options. That is not an issue.

All my airguns fill up to 300 bars without a problem. What CTShooter mentioned above was not the issue either. I dry-fired a few times (the airgun will NOT be harmed if it is dry-fired according to manufacturer). I am hoping it is not the filling apparatus on a brand new airgun.

Because you verified that the fill apparatus will pressurize to 300 bar, and shows that it is sitting at 300 bar even though the guage says 250, I would say that the guage stops reading there due to sticking at 250.

Alternately, there may be a leak in the o-rings or blemish on the Ataman's fill probe that only allows so much pressure to build before leaking. I've seen that with the o-rings on my fill whip connections. They get changed out a lot because of this. It doesn't take much of a blemish in them to cause an issue there. You would likely hear that leak though. Also try lubing them with silicone grease or oil to help sealing and inserting them without damaging them. That is a tight fitting probe. That said, I should get mine out to shoot a few mags.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodyblues
Your gun, your money, but...

Just to reiterate...
To me, the extra few shots that you'll get from a FULL...fill, isn't worth stressing the guns guts.

Just because you can...does NOT mean that you should !!!

Most all manufacturers will tell you the same thing. Filling that high...DOES put a lot more load on the o-rings than does 200 or 250 BAR. Not really worth it to the overall longevity of the (any) gun.

Just my dime's worth.

Might try another gauge for the gun. Many out there. Be sure of the diameter, so it will fit the shroud. Call the dealer that you bought from, or call PyramydAir. They sell a lot of Ataman parts.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: sevensiage
What Worried said, NOT...a regulator problem. That only controls air going into the gun FROM... the air tank, NOT a tank problem.
Your problem is either in your filling apparatus or the guns gauge.
You mention that you've tried different "fill sources". This tells me that you do not have gauges on your fill sources...either ! So, in actuality, you do not know EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE !

ON THE OTHER HAND... I know the problem might be perplexing, and a little annoying...BUT, most of us DO NOT...FILL... our guns ! I know I do not. It's hard on parts no matter the design.
I have two AP16's and they normally get filled to 200 BAR when I shoot. If I need to refill...no big deal...I refill ! To me, the extra few shots that you'll get from a FULL...fill, isn't worth stressing the guns guts.

Mike
I agree, Mike