• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Android app for the Combro...

[x-posted]

I really didn't like the app for the Combro and wanted to refresh my Android app development skills, so I wrote a new app. It's pretty simple but may be of use to others.

You start out on an empty screen, and can create a new String. In the shot string you pick your pellet and basic info, and save and it will start saving shots when the Combro is plugged in over USB and sends shots. You can forward the string to email as an attachment (or otherwise save/send) with the button on the upper right of the string page.

Pretty simple, only thing I messed around with a bit is there's a barcode scanner in the Setup page, you can scan the code on the pellet tin and it will associate it with the tin, so if you scan it later it will fill in pellet details for you. Of course, you could just pick your pellet in the dropdown after you add it anyway ;) This was mainly to learn something, not all that useful a feature unless we setup a global DB of pellets->UPC codes so you don't have to do that first scan and data entry.

Anyway, I've only tested it with my USB serial adapter, hopefully should work with other makes of cable.

You can download APK and install directly from: https://github.com/jvrobert/ChronoPlus/releases/tag/0.1beta , source code is there as well so you can see there are no shenanigans.

If someone gives it a try please let me know if it works/didn't work - I've only tested it on my Note4.