New Altaros Booster

I would think that if you had only 1500 psi in the feed tank you would not need a regulator on it. Having said that my Texan LSS is a gun that needs a regulator to do that, or again have the tank partially filled.

That regulator is far less money than the Mako I used to use.

The thing is even with the regulator, it is cheaper than buying a more powerful shop compressor.

Thanks for the information Chicken theif.

Roachcreek

I think you misunderstood!

The regulator is fully adjustable from some 50bar-750psi to 300bar-3625psi output so you're not fixed in any way.

Adjust to 100bar-1500psi for the booster and put a small mark then adjust to suit your rifle and put another mark.

Then it's easy-peasy to switch back and forth. It's done with a flathead screwdriver in secondds.

I think you misunderstood!

The regulator is fully adjustable from some 50bar-750psi to 300bar-3625psi output so you're not fixed in any way.

Adjust to 100bar-1500psi for the booster and put a small mark then adjust to suit your rifle and put another mark.

Then it's easy-peasy to switch back and forth. It's done with a flathead screwdriver in secondds.

I think that you misunderstood the instructions and need to read the specifications of the external reg. The usable range is listed as between 100 BAR and 210 BAR. I have one of these and I think that even this is a bit of a stretch. Don't get me wrong. I would recommend this device to anybody looking for something to do the job it is intended for. I don't think that there is an airgun reg anywhere on the market that will work over the range that you are suggesting. I recommend that Roachcreek should get a bigger drive compressor if he is considering buying one of these units. The elephant in the room is that if you want to use a spare tank to supply the high-pressure input, you still need to replace that air and if you are planning to fill that bottle back up using the booster you are going to need a hell of a lot of air to achieve that process. It's like robbing Peter to pay Paul but having to pay Tom, Dick, and harry as well. There are circumstances that will suit this method but you will have to consider them closely before deciding if this is the way to go. For instance, you have another source to fill your bottles and you want to get more out of them whilst away on field trips or you have a big bore and shoot a lot away from home.

I have tow of those regulators and one is set at 100bar for my booster (i have had it as low as 50bar without issues) and the other is set right at 250bar for my Texan and have shot hundreds of shots without a hitch.

The bottle to bottle is when you're in a hurry and need your main tank filled fast.

The supply bottle can be filled at a slower pace using nothing but a compressor during idle times.

Thats what i do and it works very well for me.

I have lots of time to fill as I have been filling a 60 minute tank every three weeks or so, so if I use my 6 gal/150 psi/1.5 hp shop compressor and it is slow, not a problem.I have no desire to use the booster in the field. And as far as a misunderstanding, I have used regulated tethered lines before, and used them for everyday shooting and in my 615 yard video on 12 oz cola cans 8 years ago.

Now back to my misunderstood question, If I did not use a regulator on the supply tank, and I kept the pressure in the supply tank at 1500 psi, I would fill the supply tank from the bottle being filled with a double male fitting. Just stop the fill when the supply tank gets low, disconnect and fill the supply tank from the one I was filling. However my question is, would I be doing this nonstop because the process would use too much air.

Thanks to all, I hope this Booster shipping goes better than the Kratos regulator shipping has gone as is seems to have stalled.

Regards,

Roachcreek

This setup has been running really well for me. I had to make a few additions of auto drains for the shop compressor. As the Altaros uses a lot of air the compressor runs 60/40 and is creating a lot of water in the system. I added an extension tube and auto auto-drain to the bottom of the 10 gal CAT tank along with some tubing to blast any water into a bucket. I also removed a piece from the filter/water separator mounted on the 2x4 - originally had a manual drain before the 3-pack setup and it was screwing up the auto drain on the filter and separator - removing the manual drain got the auto-drains working properly.

I'm noticing a much slower color change on the orange desiccant now, so I believe all the drains on the low pressure side are really helping. I'll check the gold filter on the high side in another 50 runtime hours and see how the moisture level is.

Altaros Setup - 1.1615912447.jpeg