AirMaks Arms New Airmaks Krait

Just received these from Utah Airguns!

These new Krait with new regulator and redesigned magazines fixed a lot of issues of the past. So far, I am very pleased. And I own a lot of Airguns. I liked the gun when it first came out and I’m glad I waited for all the bugs to be fixed.

My two Kraits, .22 Compact and .25 L. Been waiting for my scope and moderator to come in to put everything together and that was today. Originally had the Impulse IA-1200 moderator but need more noise control and went with Donnyfl Yokozuna. Airmaks Krait shoots like a dream and very light weight for walking the woods. Thanks Airmaks! Continue making great Airguns.

Krait compact has won a slight edge over my Uragan 2 Compact.

Comparison:

Uragan 2 compact, 360mm barrel, 210cc tank & 2.7kg, 620mm overall length

Krait Compact, 400mm barrel, 300cc tank & 2.5kg with adjustable stock, side picatinny, 610mm overall length.

Pellet test at 30yds:

.22 Compact - 2 stacks removed, full Yokozuna

22.07gr JTS Domed. I really wanted the gun to like this pellet since my other compacts love them but did not group well.

18.13gr JSB Jumbo Heavy was the clear winner. (Forget to take pictures)

.25 L - 2 stacks removed, 2 Yokozuna stacks removed

25.39gr JSB King (top target) 3rd place. A few fliers .

33.95gr JSB King Heavy (bottom left target) 2nd place. A few too many fliers from the tin why I pushed it to 2nd place. Supposed I could pick the best pellets and I would avoid fliers .

29.63gr JTS Domed (bottom right target) 1st place. My pick. Out of the box, very few fliers, if any.

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5632.jpeg

IMG_5634.jpeg

AirMaks regulator, they totally ignored the question when I recently inquired. With that and a little less encoragement, went a different direction based on the response. Platform has alot to offer. Enjoy that Krait!
My problem wasn’t Airmaks, they were very responsive to every question and concerns I had. My issues was dealers. They have thousands of parts and brands to deal so they’re not updated to every changes.

The only thing about the Lite is that the reg can’t be adjusted externally. It is cheaper though and if you’re a set it and forget it guy, it might be worth it to get one. I guess you would need to find out what the ft lb of energy is for the caliber you are interested in.
I read that the reg on the lite needs to have special tools to adjust it. This is on the Airmaks FB page from Airmaks themselves.
Airmaks says in response to that regulator question
" it’s internal HUMA regulator. It’s adjustable but need to have special factoring equipment"
I wonder if they mean a regulator pressure tuner? If that's the case that's not really a problem people need to worry about but I have no idea if it's what they meant...
Other than that it's just as adjustable as most regulated airguns out there that require the thing to be at least partially disassembled to adjust it. For some reason the LOP looks really short to me though.

I read that the reg on the lite needs to have special tools to adjust it. This is on the Airmaks FB page from Airmaks themselves.
Airmaks says in response to that regulator question
" it’s internal HUMA regulator. It’s adjustable but need to have special factoring equipment"
I wonder if they mean a regulator pressure tuner? If that's the case that's not really a problem people need to worry about but I have no idea if it's what they meant...
Other than that it's just as adjustable as most regulated airguns out there that require the thing to be at least partially disassembled to adjust it. For some reason the LOP looks really short to me though.
Length of pull (comment in red above)...it's adjustable on the current guns !!!
Loosen two screws and adjust to your desire, tighten screws.

1709912494291.png

Mike

What I don't know as it's not listed anywhere still. Is if the barrels on the L are choked or not as airmaks just say the HP is un-choked, but doesn't say which version you are looking at or which one you might be ordering.
And also what the FPE is for either. I would like to get either a lite or standard for medium weight slugs. I can't seem to find anything on the forum about the L with slugs either. Maybe I missed a post.

Just received these from Utah Airguns!

These new Krait with new regulator and redesigned magazines fixed a lot of issues of the past. So far, I am very pleased. And I own a lot of Airguns. I liked the gun when it first came out and I’m glad I waited for all the bugs to be fixed.

My two Kraits, .22 Compact and .25 L. Been waiting for my scope and moderator to come in to put everything together and that was today. Originally had the Impulse IA-1200 moderator but need more noise control and went with Donnyfl Yokozuna. Airmaks Krait shoots like a dream and very light weight for walking the woods. Thanks Airmaks! Continue making great Airguns.

Krait compact has won a slight edge over my Uragan 2 Compact.

Comparison:

Uragan 2 compact, 360mm barrel, 210cc tank & 2.7kg, 620mm overall length

Krait Compact, 400mm barrel, 300cc tank & 2.5kg with adjustable stock, side picatinny, 610mm overall length.

Pellet test at 30yds:

.22 Compact - 2 stacks removed, full Yokozuna

22.07gr JTS Domed. I really wanted the gun to like this pellet since my other compacts love them but did not group well.

18.13gr JSB Jumbo Heavy was the clear winner. (Forget to take pictures)

.25 L - 2 stacks removed, 2 Yokozuna stacks removed

25.39gr JSB King (top target) 3rd place. A few fliers .

33.95gr JSB King Heavy (bottom left target) 2nd place. A few too many fliers from the tin why I pushed it to 2nd place. Supposed I could pick the best pellets and I would avoid fliers .

29.63gr JTS Domed (bottom right target) 1st place. My pick. Out of the box, very few fliers, if any.

View attachment 433730

View attachment 433731

View attachment 433732

View attachment 433733
I got my Krait Long from Utah Airguns around the same time as you, it too has the MK4 Reg, did yours come with the tool for adjusting it? mine did not.

I got my Krait Long from Utah Airguns around the same time as you, it too has the MK4 Reg, did yours come with the tool for adjusting it? mine did not.

Nice! Mine did not come with a Reg tool. I was curious about that too.

Love the gun but I still have an issue with the old magazines UA sent me. I ordered two extra aside from the one that came with the gun. The new magazine works flawless, cock smooth and effortless. The two old ones, UA sent new faceplates but they're still giving me problems (heavy resistance). Going to send it in this week.

You have an issues with your magazines?

If I may, what magazine problems ?

I bought a, .22 (compact) with a "second" design regulator, new from Utah Airguns.
I don't know what magazine that gives (new or original design) me, but I've had zero problems with feeding, pellets (only), in either magazine

Mike

I have the latest Krait with MK4 regulator. I have absolutely no problem with the new gun and new magazine design. It was the extra magazines I ordered. They’re the older magazines with the older faceplates. UA sent me new faceplates but it did not fix the problem. Problem I’m having with these magazines is great resistance when cocking the lever and forcing pellets into the chamber. I have two useless magazines now. I’m glad yours is working flawless