• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New airguns and warranties-the evolution

My first gun was a .22 Marauder, out of the box it would leak out 500 psi in 20 minutes. The barrel was horrible, the air gauge leaked, for the first PCP it was a miserable learning experience. A LW barrel, Mc Master Carr gauge, some O rings from the Oring store and Crosman was out of the picture. By the time you figure in down time and the shipping costs knowing where to put a sub ten cent O rings is a nice skill to learn. My friend recently rec'd a high end DOA gun. Youtube videos, fabricating a couple of tools, and a call to a knowledgable tuner it's about 95% there.

Warranties...meh! Crosman once sent me a piston seal (wrong one, by the way) for a gun that was less than a year old, at no cost. I'd worry more about it if I was deeper than $400.00 on any one of my guns. Get me an Air Arms, Daystate, FX, Vulcan, etc...then I'll be worrying about the warranty! While I'm still buying end guns, I'll keep fixing/rebuilding them myself.

"Mentolio"Warranties...meh! Crosman once sent me a piston seal (wrong one, by the way) for a gun that was less than a year old, at no cost. I'd worry more about it if I was deeper than $400.00 on any one of my guns. Get me an Air Arms, Daystate, FX, Vulcan, etc...then I'll be worrying about the warranty!
I would too. But if I paid the cost for one of those guns I should not have to do any modifications. I would expect them to perform at their best straight out the box.