New Airgunners

I own different brands of airguns in the PCP category. I have FX, Airforce, RTI, and Hatsan. I have worked with each brand to get maximum accuracy. I have been following the reviews on the Air Venturi Avenger and decided to try one out. Finally someone has put out a PCP that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and allows you to tune for different projectiles.For $349 you get a very accurate PCP. Don't listen to the cheap hollow stock crowd, You will be so absorbed by the accuracy , you won't care about the hollow stock. Look this up on Youtube and follow their suggestions. My rifle came with no air so I turned the reg screw in to stop and backed out 1/4 turn. follow your chrony to around 875fps and you are on your way. At 20 yards my gun stacks pellet on pellet and 50 yards isn't much different. New to Airgunning? Don't overlook this jewel!!!

I’ll second your thoughts on the Avenger. Except for that hollow stock. I’d really suggest looking at the wood stock option. It is a much nicer rifle with that wooden stock. But your right; it’s a great tunable rifle with terrific accuracy for a great price. Out to 50 yards the groups are keeping up just fine with my FX rifles when shooting JSB pellets. FX rifles bring a lot more to the table as far as build quality and pride in ownership but at the roots of an air rifle the Avenger is a terrific choice.

I considered the wooden stock but didn't want the extra pound that it added. I also thought about filling the stock with the PA pellet foam. Does anyone know if this would work? Either way, I invested in the DonnyFL silencer adapter and I am thoroughly enjoying shooting this gun. I might add it does a number on tree rats.

I mentioned it because most of my synthetic stocked rifles are stuffed that way and it works very well.

Well, I guess that I just got a bad one. Gonna happen, especially with China production. After having to send it back once (on my dime) to fix a defect, I ended up giving it to a friend who recently got into airgun shooting. He is a powder burner gunsmith, and now enjoys using his previously learned skills on airguns. 

He has been through the Avenger time and again polishing things up, making little improvements here and there. He has filled the OEM hollow stock with foam, and has even added weight in specific areas to achieve the balance (and weight for bench shooting) that he wants.

And I don't recall the last time he brought the Avenger to one of our weekly airgun shoots. Instead he brings his Dreamline classic- which also sports a synthetic stock, but which is better than the Avenger's stock in every way (at least all the ways which are important to me). 

To each their own I guess. But sometimes you truly get what you pay for.

I didn't even enter the recent AGN RDW contest for the Avenger Bullpup. I would not have wanted to win it based on my experiences with the standard Avenger.

The Avenger plastic stock didn't seem that bad to me given how affordable they are. Yeah it's not a solid composite, but it does the job alright. An absolute steal for the price. 

That said, I wouldn't complain if someone offered an upgraded solid composite stock. Would likely buy it. 

I'm just not a fan of wood stocks on rifles that I use heavily.