• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Airgunner Hatsan BT65 dont know how to operate properly

I am brand new to the airgunning scene and just purchased my first airgun a hatsan bt 65 qe sb. 
To attempt to fire the rifle i did the following :
1) flicked up the golden lever and pulled back the silver side bolt
2) put in a full 9 shot magazine
3) flicked down the gold lever
4) pulled back and then forward the silver bolt
5) Turned off safety and pulled trigger
6) It felt as if there was still some sort of safety and i could not pull back the trigger
7) proceeded to pull back and fort the silver bolt some more times
8) removed magazine to see what was happening
9) noticed that 2 pellets were removed from the magazine even though none were shot.

I know i am probably doing something wrong but someone please help as i do not know any airgunners and cannot figure out how to shoot the hatsan bt65

It is filled with gas so its not that

Im sure someone will be around soon to help. Wish I could help. I have never even held a bt65 but sounds like it might just be a trigger needing to be adjusted. If the trigger is adjustable.....try increasing the first stage travel/length of pull. If there is no adjustment for that then adjust the trigger heavier. When you let the lever down to load a pellet......can you feel spring tension/resistance? If you do then the the hammer is not staying cocked.....a trigger adjustment should fix. . Also....make sure you pull the lever all the way back to engage the trigger sear.
Just trying to help mate. Try those two things. It is probably a simple fix.
Hopefully someone with a bt65 will chime in.
On second thought......wait till someone with a bt65 weighs in on it before touching your trigger. Welcome to the forum too by the way.

Thanks for all you tried but i do not think it is a problem with the trigger as one time it did shoot now into the field but as soon as i put in a magazine to try and use it it again feels as if there is still the safety holding the trigger. I assume it is some sort of safety feature i do not know of. Thankyou for telling me about Bwalton i sent him a private message.