New Air Venturi Nomad II Compressor “Major Go!”

Hello AirgunNation People’s,

I’ve been watching and waiting for Pyramid Air to have the Air Venturi Nomad II Compressor for a solid year. Last week upon checking Pyramid Air’s website low and behold it was in stock! Heck Yeah, I ordered one!

It showed up a few days ago and I’ve been filling and shooting my PCP’s like a mad man. Build quality and operation is top notch. And I also believe maintenance will be very simple.

Tryed it both from a 3 prong 110v home outlet and from the 12v DC battery connections via my trucks battery! Works like a charm! 3 and a half to 4 minutes to top off fill my FX Streamline (.22), Wildcat MKII(.25), or Crown(.25). I know most of you are way past this level of Airgun Compressors, but for those who hand pump like I’ve been doing, this Nomad II Compressor is proving to be a Huge convenience! Shipping box was top notch and I believe it will work out very well!

1545607812_18610254195c201a84d8f274.32527139_8A14A69D-67D9-4F7C-8D6A-7EB7E799C4EA.jpeg

1545607843_266124115c201aa384c462.62472562_506E23C3-B5D9-47F6-900C-8D90818C9D36.jpeg

1545607883_1885539935c201acba8ec53.73279140_A5598EDD-F51B-4AF7-96FE-AB10C90B1968.jpeg

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Nomad_II_4500_PSI_Portable_PCP_Compressor/8695

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/air-venturi-nomad-ii-compressor-review-by-doug-wall/

Mod edit: moved to Air tanks and Compressors section 

Hey Joe I got one too but have not run it yet. Did you put in any drops of oil before running it the first time or just run it as it came? I have the silicone oil but no instructions about the first run. Thanks for your input!

I ran it first and monitored the load indicator while topping off a PCP. Instructions say load indicator will safety shutoff the compressor if a 28 load is reached. Air Venturi includes a test verification card so I believe it was oiled properly and is ready for use right from the box. It runs at about a 15-20 load in the 100bar range and levels off at a 24-25 load at the 200+bar range. I ordered a 4 ounce bottle of quality 100% pure silicone oil from Amazon. Added oil once out of paranoia, 3 drops it probably didn’t need it. You’re more than likely don’t have to add oil as often if you’re just topping off guns 50-100bar at a time. It would probably require more oil if you were filling PCPs from empty. Top offs mostly and the occasional fills from empty will be how I’ll use the Nomad II. Its not for SCBA’s or buddy bottles. I’m digging on it. Noise level is moderate and it runs very Kool! (Powerful cooling fans everywhere)

how long did it take to top off and how many ci is your gun air bottle/tube?

My Streamline has a 230cc air cylinder to top off from a regulator setting of 140bar to 230bar max takes 4:30 minutes.

The Wildcat MKII has a 300cc air cylinder top top off from a regulator setting of 130bar to a 230bar max takes 5:30 minutes.

The Crown has as a 480cc air cylinder top off from a regulator setting of 130bar to 250bar max is about 7:30 to 8:00 minutes.

Beats pumping.

Most times I shoot my airguns down 50 to 60 bar and then top them off. So, it’s usually less around or less then 4:00 minutes for a top off. A ritual or routine I adopted when I hand pumped only. To cut down on pumps.

I received one to this past week and from testing I would not recommend anyone get one! Go with bigger compressor or cheap YH.

Pro's:

Build quality seems high

Will fill an FX Impact X fairly quickly approx. 10 mins

Guns work with - FX Impact X

Con's:

Guns does not work with - Benjamin Bulldog, AA .357 Slayer, even a small 50ci bottles

Why won’t it fill the guns you’ve listed? Curious?

Both big bore guns it will start to pressurize and once it hits 1000psi will not go anything beyond that even if you set it to 4500psi, like it gets stuck. I let it run for 15 mins to see if it just need a little extra time to build more pressure but nope.

Hmm? Interesting.. Wonder if some kind of overheat or voltage protection is kicking in. Idk? Mine just fills the guns with no issues. Haven’t had it so long though, I’m not the expert. I’ve never had to run mine for over 10 minutes at a time.

The Crosman traveller (same family of compressor) has no problem with tanks or guns . It sounds like there is a problem with the the hose or bleed off valve on the unit that 357bb has. Noone -one ehas reported any kind of issue with the Nomad or the traveller or the new Hatsan pumps from this design. Could be a bad unit, but most likely a user error.

The Crosman traveller (same family of compressor) has no problem with tanks or guns . It sounds like there is a problem with the the hose or bleed off valve on the unit that 357bb has. Noone -one ehas reported any kind of issue with the Nomad or the traveller or the new Hatsan pumps from this design. Could be a bad unit, but most likely a user error.

Bleed off valve possibly leaking. Had this happen once on the Crossman Traveller. Just opened the valve and closed it again and it sealed up.