New Air Fan Cooled Carette Coming with Upgraded components and Design

I currently have a Carrett and after two failures within 60 hours of use can not recommend any such item unless it has state-side parts and labor support. The current supplier does not have either. Dealing directly with the Chinese factory for diagnosis and repair is a complete non-starter.

There are several compressor brands from China that sell direct to market without U.S, parts and repair facilities. The fact that the Carette manufacturer in China is reachable and is willing to help purchasers with parts and advice is equal to or better than most Chinese compressor brands.

Doesn't this brand have a U.S. distributor and repair center? Why aren't you calling out the source of your complaints by name rather than the manufacturer who is offering assistance to it's customers on this forum? Who sold you your compressor? Who refused parts or service? Please share some details.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Humdinger,

I purchased my Carrett from Joe B. While he attempted to advise and could provide very simple parts, he referred me to the factory via a phone/iPad type app for messaging assistance. The language problem and time difference made communications very difficult. I attempted to follow their advice but was not able to fix my issue and was simply going in circles dealing with them. The factory did not seem to have a planned diagnostic program in place to systematically evaluate my issue and proceed with a fix. It was a most unsatisfactory arrangement. Out of complete frustration and great expense, I finally took the compressor off the frame and shipped it to Joe. The only thing he could do was to take a new compressor head off of a unit in his store and return ship it to me. It took 1.5 years to get my unit working again. As I already indicated, I would never recommend purchasing anything as technical as a compressor unless there was a US representative that was competent to repair the item and who had the necessary parts and shop set up to do so. After my unit failed the second time, I junked it.

I would like to make one thing very clear. The other products and services provided by Joe are top tier in every way. I have purchased many high-end items from him over the years and have been 100% satisfied. I just do not feel that his business model adequately addresses competent customer support for Carrett sales and service.

I appreciate your interest and hope I have answered your questions adequately.

Have a great day

I’ve only spoken to joe one time over the phone over a different matter way different from the typical sales, supply inquiry, or troubleshoot type calls. He was very time giving for someone like myself not looking to buy anything but just inquire.

Another vendor not so good, as he interrupted me to basically let me know I’m wasting his time.

I’ve only spoken to joe one time over the phone over a different matter way different from the typical sales, supply inquiry, or troubleshoot type calls. He was very time giving for someone like myself not looking to buy anything but just inquire.

Another vendor not so good, as he interrupted me to basically let me know I’m wasting his time.

Same here-JoeB took time to answer questions and was generally very helpful. I've bought several pieces from him and will again.

Reactions: rayroz
I never had any problems with Joe's attitude, it was only his lack of in-house support for the repair of my compressor. His business repair model is to hand you off to the Chinese factory via an app. to solve issues. The "engineers" at the factory did not seem to have any systematic method to diagnose problems and were going in circles telling me things to try. Even after I completed their directions they would just say that I must not have done it correctly and to do it again. Their "engineering" skills were very lacking. In my opinion, Joe should have had the knowledge and testbed facilities in-house to diagnose and repair this item and not require the customer to deal with the overseas factory.

Reactions: rcs9250
I agree. I have had extensive discussions with AOA about their knowledge and repair support with the Omega Super Charger/Turbo compressors and was impressed that if I should have a problem, they would be able to help. If all else fails, I can at least ship it to them (stateside) for repair and not have to deal with an overseas factory. These are important considerations when thinking about the purchase of such a technical piece of equipment.

i did not have an Attitude when dealing with Joe B , in fact i was a repeat customer , i had purchased a New Guppy Tank, & then later purch a Alpha filter from him , my problem with him started when after purchasing the Carette direct from china , (i was one of the Early Bird buyers) & i needed a quick connect for the air hose, & was willing to pay for it , as i have never asked for anything free, at first he took a couple of calls (his cell ph), & sent a pic via text asking if the object he was pointing at was the correct part i was refering to , i responded yes , & that was the end of him taking my calls , answering texts , dropped all comminications with me,weeks went by & when i got one of his employees on the phone , he stated (you did not purchase the Carette from us ) & that was the end of that deal , he lost my busuness from then on , i would rather throw all of my airguns & equipment in a pile & run them over with my endloader than deal with JB again, BTW the sad part is the part i needed was probably only $ 20 -$30 PS This was at least a couple of years ago before his health problems ..  if it was not for Humdinger taking it upon himself to help me out , i would not have gotten the carette going , Btw Humdinger never even knew me , He is a Straight shooter & knows his stuff & i call him a Friend

Ramjet's experience is exactly as he states it. If anything he is too nice about the experiences he had. I know of more than a few who had the same experience when they needed parts or service on their compressor.

What other manufacturer on this forum has had to ask their customers to contact them directly when they have a U.S. "servicing" dealer? That tells anyone what they need to know about where the problem is.

Something i learned many moons ago in "buisness and accounts" in Electronics.

An unsatisfied customer will tell 4 people and they will again tell @ 4 people.

So an unsatisfied customer will grow to at least 21 people (or more).

A satisfied customer will tell 2 people and they will again tell 2 people at max.

And a satisfied customer will grow to no more than 7 people.

Bad PR is like a turd under your boot, very hard to get rid of!

I agree with Dan, My first three years with the Carette were basically no problems outside of a couple oil changes, a few blown pressure discs, and one broken belt. Now that it isn't working I'm 2500 miles away from the Dealer and he doesn't stock all the parts needed. So I spent another $1200 on another chinese compressor and more spare parts came with it than I hope I never need. The new dealer is about 1700 miles closer and I'm hoping they will stock more spare parts and know more about the products they promote. My Carette only had about 78 hours on it and it was not abused. Hopefully, if I ever get it working right I can sell it to a paint baller and recover some of my loss. It would be nice to find a second source for quality parts if one exists.

Hi Everyone,

The new model is a reliable three-stage high pressure air compressor with some features as follows.

Air cooled design, all steel hardened cylinder liner and steel piston ring, especially the second and third stage pistons are coated with special tool steel with hardness up to hv2000, friction coefficiency (0.05-0.15), thus can ensure long service life, without reducing performance.

Second and third-stage floating pistons, wear-resistant increase of 200%.

The P21 filter cartridge is made of stainless steel,which is very durable. The filter cover adopts thread design, which is more convenient for self replacement and low maintenance cost.

The new compressor is targeted for filling carbon fiber tanks and will be sold at a price any serious air gunner can afford. It is intended to fill the gap between unreliable low quality compressors and commercial grade compressors which most hobbyists don't need and out of their budget range.

You might check it out on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WNGP18jY8

Any update on when these might be available with a U.S. distributor / service rep?

Notice that this compressor is 220V which will probably require additional house wiring.
The U.S. model is 110V. The 220V model is on a European dealer's website. 220V is standard in Europe where this dealer's customers are. I'm not trying to dispute but clarifying for someone who doesn't realize that the manufacturer sells in different markets.