New Air Arms TX200 Mk3

After a great deal of research and thought, I have decided to invest in an Air Arms TX200 Mk3 with a walnut stock. It arrives Monday week. I have never owned such a costly spring powered rifle before, so I am taking a leap of faith that it will be as great as all the reviews claim it to be. Fingers crossed that all will be well.

I've had the tx200 III .177 for a few months and I like it a lot. Tested I guess a dozen diff pellets and for right now mine likes the Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy 10.3. This was at 45 yards. Not what I expected I figured it would like one of the pellets in the 8.? grams better? It did have a bad habit of shooting lower and lower lol. The stock screws would get loose after about 50 shots. A little Loctite fixed that issue. 

I have a hawke 6x24 airmax on it and for me this is a 50yard rifle. If I'm looking to shoot a longer distance I reach for a cz .17 or cz .223. In the future I'm sure that will change when I get into pcp rifles.

Thanks. You have a very nice rifle indeed. Mine arrived this afternoon and is now sitting in the rack after having the stock with waxed with bees wax. I will leave it like that until the weekend, to allow the wax to penetrate the stock, and I will then fit the scope. Because I mainly shoot targets over a known distances I will be fitting a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9x40 AO. Cheers.

The Tx200 arrived safely and is scoped up. I opted for the walnut stock. Some users of the TX200 may not be aware that unlike the beech stocks, the walnut stock needs to be conditioned in some way at least once per year to prevent shrinkage etc. You can us an oil like Danish oil, though I prefer to use bees wax, which I normally apply every month or so. Oiling can change the colour of the stock, so a sensible precaution is to test the oil on a small part to see what the effect is.
Although it is early days, my TX has a preference for Air Arms Diablo and Crosman Premier (heavy) pellets. I have opted to go with the Crosman's at this stage, but this could change as after a thousand or so pellets have been shot.